•Secret, Surprise Enamel Pin
•10% OFF Anything From Waxwork Records During 2017
•No Hassle and Stress-Free Service without the worry of any items selling out
•All Shipping Costs Included

On Sale Black Friday, November 25th

$205 Domestic U.S.
$250 Canada
$300 International
Last edited by Bezulsqy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:It is coming soon.

- Creepshow 2
- Don't Look Now
I'm probably going to regret saying this, but what am I looking at here?
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote:It is coming soon.

- Creepshow 2
- Don't Look Now
I'm probably going to regret saying this, but what am I looking at here?
According to comments in twitter and Instagram this is a still from Don't Look Now.
I have seen the film ages ago and loved it. But I cannot remember this image.
I hope the comments are correct. Otherwise I need to edit my first post.

Found this:
By Hatter313
Don't look now is great,

Looks like evil dead 2 will be part of the sub as well.
By Bezulsqy
Hatter313 wrote:Don't look now is great,

Looks like evil dead 2 will be part of the sub as well.
Indeed. I'd rather seen the didn't make Evil Daed 2 part of the sub. I would love it that all of the titles in the sub were not previously announced.
And when you ask the fans to help in 'creating' the Evil Dead 2 release you shouldn't have an exclusive variant for people who can afford to pay >200 for a subscription during these expensive months. Just make one variant for everyone.

Then again, does it matter? I stopped buying multiple variants... no one is forcing anyone to spend money on buying records. To each there own.
Waxwork you do a great job. Keep on creating whatever the fuck you want. I love the work you put in to them.

But do keep the rest of the sub a secret! Tip for next year: secret sub. Do not reveal one title!
By NathanLurker
I don't know, I kind of like that the sub titles are known... partly. I mean, on a 5 titles subscription, I'd love to know 3 in advance and have 2 secret releases. that way you know if the sub is interesting, and you still get surprises.
By Occhionero
C'mon!!! 300$ for international sub?! Last year was 275$! So, be gentle and let us buy the new sub by using the 18% subber discount. Btw, goodbye 18%discoubt and welcome 10%discount :-(
Last edited by Occhionero on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Aremagod
A little disappointed in the full reveal of all the titles and losing the 18% means I probably don't need multiple variants.....well maybe Evil Dead 2....I'm also not that excited about The Babadook like a lot of people seem to be. It seems I'm always hoping for the Killer Klowns score to be announced by Waxworks and I'm always a little saddened when it's not.
By Occhionero
For the first time I will propably not be in. Two of the tiltles are as originals in my collection. And thinking about an Waxwork-Comic Subscription means that a lot of money would go to New Orleans this year. I love their products, really! And a company needs to earn money, but I don't like the direction - looking back from the beginning!

@Kevin: please, maybe give us an explanation about the costs and convince me to be in again.
By Mateo Sanboval
It seems to me that WW is catering to what their larger audience asked for in regards to announcing titles before requiring folks to buy in. I know this removes some of the mystery, but it also lets people decide if they are willing to shell out short-run-exclusive-variant money for most (if not all) of the titles. As for the increased pricing, it seems there are more, and more substantial, giveaways this time. Actual subscribers will have to weigh in on that part, though.
By Bezulsqy
As a two time subscriber I am not impressed by their new proposition. I know shipping cost US to EU are high. As in $20-$25 for 1 album. But $300 means that you pay $60 per release. Yes it is only $25 more than last year, but still... It just feels really expensive.
As for the extra merch. Now we also get a T-Shirt, a slipmat, a Waxwork patch and an enamel pin. It is the 18% discount that really was welcome for me as it countered the shipping on the non-sub releases a bit.
With the new sub I expect we get the same merchandise plus the poster by Gary Pullin. That is a nice extra. But the discount drops to 10%.
Oh well. It is what it is.
Waxwork is evolving in one of the big boys. No shame in that. It just means losing a bit of that small label punk mentality.
I will subscribe again. Why not. I am buying all their releases anyway. And 10% discount on the (probably) 10 releases outside the sub is better than no discount at all :-)
By monsterworship
I already have originals for 3 of the 5 titles, so i'll probably be selling those ones.

I am really only interested in Creepshow 2 and The poster sounds cool though.
I'm not really into shirts and slipmats, so its not an incentive.

I'll sign up again, as there is always the promise of something secretive and exclusive looming.
By Occhionero
Bezulsqy wrote:As a two time subscriber I am not impressed by their new proposition. I know shipping cost US to EU are high. As in $20-$25 for 1 album. But $300 means that you pay $60 per release. Yes it is only $25 more than last year, but still... It just feels really expensive.
As for the extra merch. Now we also get a T-Shirt, a slipmat, a Waxwork patch and an enamel pin. It is the 18% discount that really was welcome for me as it countered the shipping on the non-sub releases a bit.
With the new sub I expect we get the same merchandise plus the poster by Gary Pullin. That is a nice extra. But the discount drops to 10%.
I order a lot of records from the US. Mondo, Joyfulnoise, Newbury, B&N, ...
They all offer a cheaper shipping option. I asked WW why they do not offer a DHL option, but no answer!

Would be cool if WW offers the sub as an deluxe Sub with all the goodies for 300$ and a regular sub with only the vinyl variants for less! I do not need slipmats, pins, etc.
By reddye6
Anyone know if existing Waxwork subscribers get first crack at renewing, or does everyone jump into the pool at once?
By NMA
reddye6 wrote:Anyone know if existing Waxwork subscribers get first crack at renewing, or does everyone jump into the pool at once?
It's not a limited subscription but a timed one.
By Bezulsqy
Occhionero wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote:As a two time subscriber I am not impressed by their new proposition. I know shipping cost US to EU are high. As in $20-$25 for 1 album. But $300 means that you pay $60 per release. Yes it is only $25 more than last year, but still... It just feels really expensive.
I order a lot of records from the US. Mondo, Joyfulnoise, Newbury, B&N, ...
They all offer a cheaper shipping option. I asked WW why they do not offer a DHL option, but no answer!

Would be cool if WW offers the sub as an deluxe Sub with all the goodies for 300$ and a regular sub with only the vinyl variants for less! I do not need slipmats, pins, etc.
For one reason or another the Mondo DHL option adds custom costs everytime the two times that I have used it. That means I pay the same or even more than when using the USPS option. Plus the latter option is much faster.
I know you have a different experience being in Germany. But my DHL orders first enter Europe in Germany and are send to the Netherlands with a sticker on top that incurs custom charges everytime.
I have never had any customs charges for the 20 or so Waxwork/Mondo orders using USPS.
That said, a cheaper shipping option is always welcome if it saves indivuals money.

But any way you look at it. Shipping costs are and always will be a bitch when you are in the EU and want to get stuff from the US.
NMA wrote:
reddye6 wrote:Anyone know if existing Waxwork subscribers get first crack at renewing, or does everyone jump into the pool at once?
It's not a limited subscription but a timed one.
And acoording to a Waxwork tweet it would be available to buy during the rest of 2016. So for the next 5 weeks. And I really hope that is true, because I have to wait on purchasing this for at least another three weeks.
By skeletonbutt
Bezulsqy wrote:For one reason or another the Mondo DHL option adds custom costs everytime the two times that I have used it. That means I pay the same or even more than when using the USPS option. Plus the latter option is much faster.
Yeah, same experience here in Canada. DHL passes off the delivery to Canada Post who requires me to pay customs/duty/taxes. USPS gets handed off to Canada Post and I don't have to pay. USPS costs more up front, but saves me money in the long run. I ordered two records at $60 CAD and ended up paying $33 CAD for shipping costs when it was all said and done.
By Mateo Sanboval
Christ, those shipping tariffs are eye-watering. In the US the sub is $41 per record (CA $50 and EU $60), but in the States, when you factor in shipping, most of their individual releases run $35-$45 a pop. It's more money up front, yet probably costs about the same as buying all of their Sub releases individually since the sub includes shipping. I don't see where they are taking anyone for a ride. They are essentially charging folks for the cost of five 2xLP releases with shipping and then throwing in some sub-only variants, exclusive swag, and an admittedly reduced 10% discount for free. Not to mention, you know exactly what they are releasing you this time 'round and it's not a super exclusive or limited sub so there's less pressure to buy in without thinking it through. I'm not personally interested in those perks except for the discount and of the sub releases, only the expanded Donaggio really appeals so it's an easy pass. As a business model I love the way these guys do it. Open, honest, and no pressure sales. Of course, that's easy for me to say from way out here in the the cheap seats.
By Hatter313
No love for darkman Mateo!?!?

Haha, I'm thrilled with the sub offerings, especially that one. The only release I haven't bought from them is Leon, just not for me, but it kills the OCD when I see the missing spine number on the shelf :)

Between that the the promised night of the living dead deluxe reissue they are planning waxwork is already killing 2017 in my book.

The customs charges are something I'm glad we don't have here, I cringe every time I see one of you guys post about it, hard to budget properly with unexpected taxes thrown on, especially the numbers I've seen you guys post, outrageous, and I'm sorry it happens.

The 18% was nice, but %10 is also nice and with the rising cost of business I'm not surprised they had to curtail it abbot, and as someone who regularly forgot to use mine anyway I'm alright with it.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:No love for darkman Mateo!?!?
In truth, I am not a big Elfman fan. In context, his work is usually perfectly fine (even very good) to my ear, but I don't enjoy the music on it's own. I know, I know...what can I say?
Hatter313 wrote: The customs charges are something I'm glad we don't have here, I cringe every time I see one of you guys post about it, hard to budget properly with unexpected taxes thrown on, especially the numbers I've seen you guys post, outrageous, and I'm sorry it happens.
Also, this times a billion. Grateful and bummed every time I read about it. It helps put my own disappointment/outrage in perspective when I can't find a US distributor and am forced to import LPs.