By Bezulsqy
Coming this Friday as well...
Attachments
ww1.jpg
ww1.jpg (120.58 KiB) Viewed 8371 times
ww2.jpg
ww2.jpg (141.17 KiB) Viewed 8371 times
By Hatter313
this has been the year of Salem's lot. Cemetery Dance's deluxe slipcased version of the book cam out a while back and is absolutely gorgeous, and i can't be the only one on this forum who has been trying to hunt down that damn blu ray that only appeared in scattered locations. (good news is B and N have it back up for order so I should have mine by Monday...) and now this. Sukman's score is classic old school horror, and the film is one of the best King adaptations ever.

Even with the drastic changes to Barlow's appearance and personality, the result is that James Mason gets all his dialogue and frankly...no complaints here. Yes there are plenty of other deviations, the nature of the house, some characterizations and relationships, but overall it is one of the few films of King's work that truly captures the "feel" of the book. part of this i think is no small way attributed to the fact that the book had only been published a few years before, so there was no unnecessary updated or costly period piece work that needed to be done to it.

One of Hooper's best films in my opinion, and hands down one of the top 10 vampire movies ever made.
By monsterworship
I picked up Cat's Eye, IT, and Salem's Lot blu-rays on Saturday at a local FYE for 9.99 each. Never go there but heard some rumblings on the internet that they were one of the only stockist not sold out.
By deafmetal
@Hatter - I appreciate your enthusiasm for this film. I haven't seen it in a quite a while, and I need to give the soundtrack a fresh listen. That said, I don't see how that beautiful wax could be resisted?
By Hatter313
@monsterworship

Yeah the hunt for those three titles has been interesting. Amazon still hasn't gotten a release date for them, but barnes and nobles JUST put them back in stock for online ordering a few days after they cancelled my initial pre order. good job on having an FYE near you, they seemed to be the only ones that got in store copies, and a chain called bull moose that i think is New England based.

I had preordered the t-shirt version of IT when it first came up on Amazon for October 4th, but the shipment got delayed so I think warner just didn't have enough on hand for the actual release dates, they are all starting to trickle in though so i'll be able to give this a proper viewing in blu soon. the screen grabs i've seen are stunning.

@deaf,

The score is great, i've got the expanded release on CD form a few years ago. it's a very old fashioned sounding score, big and brassy and eerie as all hell. the whole production feels like Tobe Hooper doing Dan Curtis...and this is not a bad thing at all. :)
By jgibbs4053
Does anyone know if this is part of the Sub? I know 3 are left: Mad Monster Party, The Howling, and a "secret release".
By deafmetal
texasvinyl wrote:I think yes?
None of their Instagram posts mention a sub variant, but two are going on sale tomorrow. No email so far.
By Aremagod
jgibbs4053 wrote:Does anyone know if this is part of the Sub? I know 3 are left: Mad Monster Party, The Howling, and a "secret release".
Subbers received the "secret release" already....it was Altered States.
By slik
Done deal, both colours, next bank statement going in the bin. Yet again Waxwork, communication to sub members spot on. Thank you! Mad Monster Party also on it's way x3.......Halloween's looking good!
By ckilduff
ugghh, had to get that tri color. between this, greasy strangler, minds eye and luke cage its been a rough week for the bank account. Looks like its taco cabana for the next few days!
By Occhionero
I know it's an old story, but the shipping costs!!!! WW is really one of the labels in The US with the highest S+h costs.

Please Kevin, put this on the agenda for 2017. i know that you will sell more records. I would....

This no complaining, just a request from a fan!
By texasvinyl
What's the shipping cost? It would probably cost me about $30 to send one of their double LPs overseas in postage cost.
By ScoJo
I ordered both of today's awesome releases (so that's a single, and a double, both in weighty gatefold sleeves) and it came to $37. It's about what I expected really, altho of course it stings. However, retail in the UK these releases sell for between £35-£40 so it actually doesn't work out much cheaper to wait for them to wash up as imports. (So long as you don't get hit with the dread HMRC on top, although *touch wood* WW seem one of the better labels in that regard - Mondo for instance now have a cheaper Int'l shipping option, but as others have noted you are quite likely to be hit with duties on top...)
By monsterworship
Is salems lot a subscription title?
Is mad monster party?
and which colors are for subscribers?
By blastman
texasvinyl wrote:What's the shipping cost? It would probably cost me about $30 to send one of their double LPs overseas in postage cost.
$22 for me (Ireland). That's for one copy of Salem's Lot
By ScoJo
ckilduff wrote: Looks like its taco cabana for the next few days!
I'll be subsisting on crackers and cheese bro ;)
By blastman
monsterworship wrote:Is salems lot a subscription title?
Is mad monster party?
and which colors are for subscribers?
Nope
Yep
NNone of those shown, I don't know if the sub version of Mad Monster Party has been shown, I haven't seen it (only got my sub copy of Shock Waves yesterday, but it's luvverly!)
By Occhionero
texasvinyl wrote:What's the shipping cost? It would probably cost me about $30 to send one of their double LPs overseas in postage cost.
For two double LPs you have these options:

There are 4 shipping rates available for Germany, starting at $ 49.00.

USPS First-Class Package International Service at $ 49.00
USPS Priority Mail International at $ 50.50
USPS Priority Mail Express International at $ 70.35
USPS Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) at $ 105.60