Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ckilduff
I will never complain about shipping rates from Europe to America on Discogs again. Brutal man.
By Bezulsqy
Occhionero wrote:
texasvinyl wrote:What's the shipping cost? It would probably cost me about $30 to send one of their double LPs overseas in postage cost.
For two double LPs you have these options:

There are 4 shipping rates available for Germany, starting at $ 49.00.

USPS First-Class Package International Service at $ 49.00
USPS Priority Mail International at $ 50.50
USPS Priority Mail Express International at $ 70.35
USPS Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) at $ 105.60
The above is true. But shipping costs for 1 double LP are $22. So cheaper to place two separate orders.
Tip for people from Europe:
Best option is to combine 1 single + 1 double per order OR 2 single LP's = both option $34
When you have 3 single LP's or 2 double LP's you pay $49.
Next step up is $54 for 2 single + 1 double
The more you buy the better the rates are getting: i.e. $ 59,55 for 3 single + 2 double
slik wrote:Done deal, both colours, next bank statement going in the bin. Yet again Waxwork, communication to sub members spot on. Thank you! Mad Monster Party also on it's way x3.......Halloween's looking good!
Out of curiosity: why all the different variants? Do you play one and leave the rest sealed? Do you play them all? Do you display all the variants?
If have several variants of a couple releases, but I passed on all the different ones for this drop and only got 1 variant of each release. I am wondering of selling my other variants because what is the point in keeping them sealed. For every variant extra a buy I cannot buy a copy of a release I don't yet have.
I know a lot of people are buying more than one variant. Fine by me. I just am curious as what is your motivation.
By slik
I was hooked with Re-animator as far as Waxwork goes, same with ZFE on Death Waltz. As a result, became a collector, loving the variant pressings. All my records are opened, listened to. Funny, this collecting thang is now my son's thing.... variant Nintendo boxes.........At least my records, his games, are not being flipped, just loved for the items of beauty they are.
By Bezulsqy
slik wrote:I was hooked with Re-animator as far as Waxwork goes, same with ZFE on Death Waltz. As a result, became a collector, loving the variant pressings. All my records are opened, listened to. Funny, this collecting thang is now my son's thing.... variant Nintendo boxes.........At least my records, his games, are not being flipped, just loved for the items of beauty they are.
That sonds really cool. Do you also have the 7 Creepshow variants?
I did not know there were variant Nintendo boxes :-) I can imagine people wanting to collect those.
When I first bought some Waxwork releases I loved them so much that I also wanted all of them. I wanted to have a complete Waxwork collection. But with the years the focus of my collection shifted and became much broader. Now I see so much other stuff I want to play I cannot afford spending money on variants like these. Being in Europe Waxwork's records just are too expensive for me to buy them all. I pay around 55 dollars to get 1 double LP over here.
If I had all the variants already I would have kept buying them because I love the idea of complete collection. But now I know I will never have a complete collection. I am not getting all those Creepshow record for instance. So I am very happy to have just one variant of all their releases.
Enjoy your collection! And your son!
By milliondollars
speaking of WW variants...does anybody remember the dude on the old forum begging for a blood filled F13, saying he has big plans and is planing to do some big WW project and everybody will be astonished when we will see the result of the project? he said he is trying to get all variants and this was the only one that was missing... :) :) :)

people and especially collectors do and say strange things in their obsession, haha!
By skeletonbutt
milliondollars wrote:speaking of WW variants...does anybody remember the dude on the old forum begging for a blood filled F13, saying he has big plans and is planing to do some big WW project and everybody will be astonished when we will see the result of the project? he said he is trying to get all variants and this was the only one that was missing... :) :) :)

people and especially collectors do and say strange things in their obsession, haha!
Didn't it turn out to be just a picture of the different releases of F13th set up on a grave that said "Voorhees"?
By Bezulsqy
skeletonbutt wrote:
milliondollars wrote:speaking of WW variants...does anybody remember the dude on the old forum begging for a blood filled F13, saying he has big plans and is planing to do some big WW project and everybody will be astonished when we will see the result of the project? he said he is trying to get all variants and this was the only one that was missing... :) :) :)

Didn't it turn out to be just a picture of the different releases of F13th set up on a grave that said "Voorhees"?
It was assumed that it was the same person. But I don't think it was confirmed.
I would still love that blood filled variant though...
By slik
I haven't got every variant from Waxwork or DW. To be honest, that's the fun of being a collector of anything. If you had everything, there's little point to it. I'd be the dude from Psychoville collecting Beanie Babies, pretending I'm gonna get that last second bid in on Ebay, then chucking my Blood Filled F13 off a cliff, just to start over again!
By Hatter313
@deaf, if you don't know that site yet, its awesome, all fake movie brands. I have a hefty amount of stuff from them. I always like a geeky t shirt that takes insider knowledge to get and isn't necessarily the logo or title emblazoned across the front. appeals to the snob in me :) Why wear a temple of doom shirt when you can wear a Lao Che Air Freight shirt.
By ckilduff
Got mine in today. Havnt had a chance to listen but its looks fantastic.
SL.jpg
SL.jpg (321.83 KiB) Viewed 8027 times
By DigitalHiss
Hi all, first post here.

Anyone else having issues with the sound on this Salem's Lot LP? I've got the midnight blue version and it is noisy as hell.

EDIT: It seems only side A on my copy has a big issue...weird.
By Mateo Sanboval
@DigitalHiss - Welcome! Has a good cleaning improved your sound issues? Has anyone else here spun their copy yet? Or the tri-color? How does it sound?

@Hatter - I really like Last Exit To Nowhere, but my big gripe with them is the faux-weathering they use on a lot of their graphics. It ruins the shirt for me. Fake aging looks like shit. On anything. A petina should be earned, not given.
By deafmetal
@Mateo - My tri-color copy needed a cleaning, and had some minor surface noise on the first play. I was going to give it a couple plays before rendering a final judgement. ;)
By Mateo Sanboval
Roger that, Deaf. Standing by. I want it, but I'll get the expanded CD instead if the pressing is no good. Hopefully, it's just a cleaning issue because she's a real beaut.
By Hatter313
Re: fake aging. I usually agree agree, but I'm inclined to give them a pass given the nature of the shirts, but I take your point.
By DigitalHiss
@Mateo...Thanks for the welcome! After a few cleanings and spins the orig LP problems never changed. I contacted Waxwork and within a day they had a new A/B disc in the mail to me. The replacement has the same exact issues in the same places.

It's not so much surface noise I am having a problem with (that is to be expected especially on an old recording like this) but a "wooshhhh" sound for most side side A (happens once per revolution) and eventual dipping audio and cutout. Also the last few minutes of side B have a big pop on both A/B discs I have.

By "cleaning" I mean using an Audio Technica brush with solution (as well as without). It's not a consistent problem throughout the record and doesn't show up on anything else I spin, so it shouldn't be my equipment.

I'll contact Waxwork again and ask them if they are hearing about this problem from others.
By Mateo Sanboval
Really appreciate the detailed update on this, DigitalHiss. I'd be surprised if you were the only one experiencing this especially considering you've found the exact same issue on two separate copies. I'd love to hear from anyone else who's got the dang thang.

PS - Major props (Is that still a thing? You're goddam right it is!) to Waxwork for the excellent customer service as usual. I'm guessing that they were largely unaware of this issue when they sent you a replacement, but perhaps more folks have encountered this in the interim.
By deafmetal
I cleaned the vinyl again and having a third listen right now. I also hear a rotational "whoosh" surface noise on the first few tracks on side A. It gets better after that, and side B sounds really good to me. I also had a couple small pops on the last track on side B. My symptoms seem to match @DigitalHiss. I have the tri-color pressing. Sides C/D sound good to me.

The surface noise on side A is noticeable in headphones, but it does not ruin the overall experience for me. I have really been enjoying listening to the album. Wonderful music, and I love the art design for the package.
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks, Deaf. That sounds fairly conclusive. I agree that it is a terrific score and I may buy this anyhow, but it does surprise me that this kind of thing still happens as often as it does. Especially on boutique labels with premium pricing. I can see the lack of QC from Warner on the one billionth Van Halen reissue, they don't give a toss, but knowing how much love and care a label like Waxwork puts into each release, this does seem odd. That said, I know embarrassingly little about the intricacies of releasing an LP. Perhaps this was the best they could get with the time and budgetary constraints they were working with. Still a wee bummer.
By deafmetal
@Mateo - Agreed, and I wonder if imperfections are introduced between the test pressing and the production runs? Either way, I like what Waxwork are doing with these albums, but I always wish for the best possible vinyl pressing, whether on black or color vinyl.
By monsterworship
typically not, unless it was somehow damaged.

the mixture of opaque colors def, does introduce a higher level of surface noise.

also every needle and table combination responds differently.
By Mateo Sanboval
Glad you weighed in here, MW. In your experience, if the swoosh and pops are a result of mixing opaque colors, would that represent a consistent issue across all discs like this or would that more likely be a pressing issue present from the TP stage onward?
By DigitalHiss
I'm a little relieved that someone else has the same exact issue - what is weird is that my two midnight blue A/B discs have the issue as well as deafmetals' tri-color copy. I was assuming it was the color mixing on the midnight blue copies but if it is appearing on the tri-color then it must be coming from somewhere higher up the chain.