Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Double LP.
Below is a peak at the sub edition variant.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (173 KiB) Viewed 9584 times
By Mateo Sanboval
I legitimately love this movie. Did you know that Paul Kelman , who plays the role of TJ, is really just Robbie Robertson of The Band fame under a stage name?

Also, all of these labels could use a copy editor.
By Hatter313
that last scene legitimately creeps me out in the best way

"I'm coming Harry"
By Bezulsqy
Still need to finish watching the movie. But the first half I liked a lot...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (83.36 KiB) Viewed 9505 times
By Hatter313
I'm super excited for this.

I keep meaning to pull the trigger on the blu ray, but its OOP so can get kind of pricey. Also the MOMENT i order it, Scream Factory will probably announce a release from them, happened with Texas Chainsaw 2 and Invasion of the body Snatchers on blu, The day my copy of Elvis on DVD arrived, Shout announced their Blu ray, when i finally found a decent copy of lady in white on eBay, a week later, Scream drops their blu announcement. lets just say i'm not buying any older genre films unless i am 100% sure Shout isn't going to drop a version.
By Bezulsqy
Waxwork said that a ton of details are still coming, but with the amount they teased I am not sure how much there is left to tell.
So I tried to have a go at the release notes…

This Friday the 29th of May Waxwork is proud to release for the first time on ANY FORMAT the complete score and soundtrack for the 1980’s slasher My Bloody Valentine.

Paul Zaza’s score has been remastered from the original tapes and pressed on three variants:
- The subscriber only Blood & Coal Dust variant
- 180gram Pink Valentine Card variant
- Blood on Limestone color-in-color variant

Other features are:
- Double vinyl!
- Includes the bluegrass music
- and songs
- haunting artwork by the great and Ghoulish Gary
- includes printed insert with photography and credits
- old style tip-on gatefold jacket

(I am not making fun of Waxwork, I love their releases and really looking forward to this one. But with the amount they already teased I am really wondering what is left to tell…)
By Little Walter
MBV's looking dope as hell. That gatefold style is superb - reminds me of the inner-slip that came with DW's Zombie reissue.
By Bezulsqy
Yes, looks really cool.
And nice to read the sub edition is shipping already. Hopefully they will add the secret release to this package.
That would be a tremendous surprise.
Any subscriber receive a shipping notice yet?
By Bezulsqy
waxworkrecordsMY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981). Coming next Tuesday, May 31st. Features the complete score sourced directly from the original master tapes. First time available anywhere, ever. Over one hour of haunting minimal synth, orchestral cues, and bluegrass tracks including the hard to find "Ballad Of Harry Warden". Exclusive liner notes by director George Mihalka and composer Paul Zaza in the form of love letters. Heavyweight old style gatefold with deluxe soft touch coating. 180 gram colored wax. Heavyweight printed inner sleeves. TONS of artwork by @ghoulishgary. Whew! Don't miss out on this monster release.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF3-lB5uimi/
By Mateo Sanboval
Gatefold looks great. Another WW release I'll be a-needin'.
By Aremagod
Occhionero wrote:...and no early bird notification.
I will wait for the sub and save some money.
I don't know if this needed early bird notification with just one variant.
By reddye6
Aremagod wrote:
I thought the Early Birds were only for off-subscription releases.
By Occhionero
Aremagod wrote:
Yes, you are right. I guess more variants and they will give us a notification.
By Bezulsqy
Did any subscriber get a shipping notice? A week ago Waxwork said that they were going to start shipping out the subs, but I haven't had any confirmation.
Maybe they are waiting on the second sub record to arrive and sending them together. Or they just forgot about me :-(
By Aremagod
Bezulsqy wrote:Did any subscriber get a shipping notice? A week ago Waxwork said that they were going to start shipping out the subs, but I haven't had any confirmation.
Maybe they are waiting on the second sub record to arrive and sending them together. Or they just forgot about me :-(
I got my shipping notice on Tues before the album went on sale.
By reddye6
On the subscriber version, anyone besides me have a decent pop-skip on Side D, first track?
By deafmetal
reddye6 wrote:On the subscriber version, anyone besides me have a decent pop-skip on Side D, first track?
No skipping, but I have some surface noise on Side A and D. I am going to give it a good cleaning and see how it sounds after another spin.

A lovely-looking package overall. Appreciated the liner notes by the director and composer. Great artwork by Ghoulish Gary.