Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Dang. Too rich for my blood - $75 shipped to UK. America, you win this time! ;)

(to make myself feel better - dare say I wouldn't necessarily need four sides of music from that flick either - think I'll just bite the bullet and stick with my OG - which, happily, has the banging HOT ICE track! :)
Last edited by ScoJo on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
I definitely blinked for a moment, but having worked with lenticular before I know they can be a pain in the ass to create and expensive to print, plus with the sub discount, it really didn't come out to much more than a lot of the reissues tend to be. Also...double LP 3d lenticular Gary Pullin art....Yeah...not going to pass on that :)
Last edited by Hatter313 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By blastman
First purchase of my WW sub, the discount took the sting out of it a little. It looks like it will be a very lovely package, I reckon it will be worth it.
By Occhionero
For the folks outside the US: you pay less, when you order each variant as an single order (19.95$ each) instead of 2 variants in one package (46.50$)!
By texasvinyl
Interesting, they have got to be losing money charging $19.95 for shipping unless they're able to get some kind of reduced bulk rates.

I just weighed my copy of Trick R Treat with an LP box and it was 963 grams. It would cost me $32.50 just in postage cost. Add on cost of a new box + 3% fee from the payment processor fee, and the actual cost could be closer to $35 for a 2LP in a lenticular tip-on jacket.

I feel for you in the EU, our USPS rates are sky high this year. I used to be able get a small discount printing out the shipping label at home, but even that little break is gone now.
By blindguy
I have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of overreaction to the price. Most seem to be in the same category i was where you're taken aback for a minute, realize why it's expensive, debate going standard then buy the deluxe and be thankful for that discount! I thought i heard the sound of the forum breaking when i saw the price, but maybe that's waiting for the general public sale (or facebook/twitter). Looking forward to seeing this in person.
By chandler75
I'm a little split on this... The gimmick with the blood filled vinyl was fun, but lenticular covers...? Am I the only one thinking about the gimmick comic book covers of the 90s?

Gimmicks can be fun, but it also takes away focus from the content (be it comics or scores). Or maybe I'm just sore I didn't get one... :) Does anyone know how limited this was?
By deafmetal
I would like to think that some of the extra cost went into getting the 3D effect to look so good. I have seen some other lenticular covers, and they do not seem to compare to this one (and I haven't even seen it in person yet!).

Ok, now get your Pumas or Adidas and a piece of cardboard and let's do this:
By horrornasties
Easy pass in my book. Not to be a hater, but 50$ just for an added effect on the cover isn't worth it for me.
By Voodoo_Jim
I went with the lenticular myself, but I see there was a lot a griping on Facebook (as usual) about the price. Just get the regular if you don't want the effect! I can't imagine how much work went into that cover.
By modularity
Would anyone happen to have picked up a second copy of the lenticular release that they could sell to me? I'm home sick but was out cold during the release window today and am really bummed to have missed it. Thanks!
By NathanLurker
I bought 2 Lenticulars 3d editions this morning, in case someone from here really wanted it, here on stbc. They were expensive (80$Cad/60usd, with shipping to me included) but anyone willing to trade at cost value, I'm willing to trade my extra copy. I could sell it, instead of trading, if someone has nothing to trade, but then I'd ask 10$Cad on top of what I paid. I'm located in Montreal, Canada.
By XGEEKEDGERX
U.S international postage rates are just crazy but it is what it is. It probably still works out cheaper than waiting for an inflated Discogs listing.

If you're not too bothered about the limited variants Transmission usually has the "standard" Waxwork releases for pretty decent prices with affordable shipping in the EU. They'll probably have F13th Part 3 up soon.
By jgibbs4053
received my copy today. probably the fastest transaction i have ever had buying an album.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 5634 times
By jgibbs4053
monsterworship wrote:Did u get a shipping notice when it shipped?
Just an order confirmation. Looks like there might be a link at the bottom of it to track order. I'm in NC so it didn't have to travel too far
By Mateo Sanboval
jgibbs4053 wrote: received my copy today. probably the fastest transaction i have ever had buying an album.
Waxwork is pretty well known for this.

Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
jgibbs4053 wrote: received my copy today. probably the fastest transaction i have ever had buying an album.
Waxwork is pretty well known for this.
Hahaha. Very funny gif.
Bless them at Waxwork. Love the company. And they have learned from all that pre-order stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYlxlcOimX ... orkrecords

waxworkrecordsFor everyone that has asked about pre-orders for GOOSEBUMPS, KRAMPUS, and BLACK CHRISTMAS, we would like to report that all of these releases are wrapping up at the pressing plant and shipping ASAP. We know you guys have waited for these and we appreciate your support and patience during the pre order period. Future releases will all ship out as soon as orders are placed, FYI.
At Waxwork, we pride ourselves on having our releases meet criteria that makes them truly worth owning. We will never cut corners or sacrifice on quality to blast out releases faster. As such, you won't see us outsource production in an effort to expedite a release. Releasing a product (especially vinyl records) that's truly high quality and undeniably "deluxe" takes time and a lot of work. Thanks to everyone that has ever purchased from us. It means so much. #waxworkrecords #vinyl #soundtrack #goosebumps #krampus #blackchristmas