Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
So Kevin mentioned something about multiple "vampire" related releases a while back. Nosferatu obviously being one of them, but if you see the lettering on today's tease, looks pretty "vampire" to me. no clue what it could be though, and that color is curious, but very pretty looking.

https://twitter.com/waxworkrecords/stat ... 9157004288
By NathanLurker
It looks at the very least, gothic in nature. Could be Crimson Peak, but I have a feeling they would just straight out say it's CP since we already know it's coming up.
By Mateo Sanboval
Green Inferno? total guess as I haven't seen the film yet.

PS - Is that a weird angle or is it a 10"?
By NathanLurker
12'' for sure. I don't see how the gothic font would fit into the design of a Green Inferno release, but all that green looks jungle for sure.
By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:12'' for sure. I don't see how the gothic font would fit into the design of a Green Inferno release, but all that green looks jungle for sure.
I must need to clean my spectacles, Nate. Like I said, never seen the film, but the green seemed really junglesque.
By NathanLurker
Someone on Instagram mentioned ''Swamp Thing'' as a guess. It's a score from Harry Manfredini, that would make sense. Would the gothic font fit ? Maybe. I don't really remember the movie.
By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:Someone on Instagram mentioned ''Swamp Thing'' as a guess. It's a score from Harry Manfredini, that would make sense. Would the gothic font fit ? Maybe. I don't really remember the movie.
I'd say the same to Swamp Thing as you did to Green Inferno. Right color, wrong typeface.
By zuko
Bezulsqy wrote:I'm guessing The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967).
Why? Vampire movie: typeface on label plus hashtag on Instagram #crossyourheart
It links with the Rosemary's Baby release because it is a Polanski film and Krzysztof Komeda score.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fea ... re_Killers
On the other hand, this was already reissued just over 2 years ago and is still readily available:

http://www.discogs.com/Krzysztof-Komeda ... se/5143438
By ScoJo
It's probably Crimson Peak right? I would have guessed red wax for that one tbh, but maybe WW are going a bit less literal on that one...

However, if it happened to be an expanded re-issue of Kilar's DRACULA score, that would blow my bloody tits off! :)
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:I'm guessing The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967).
Why? Vampire movie: typeface on label plus hashtag on Instagram #crossyourheart
It links with the Rosemary's Baby release because it is a Polanski film and Krzysztof Komeda score.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fea ... re_Killers
They were already paired together once before...http://www.discogs.com/Krzysztof-Komeda ... se/1670805
By Mateo Sanboval
phantomnoir wrote:Could it be Prince of Darkness?
By Bezulsqy
Tales from the Darkside?
Or something Tales from the Crypt?
Same font on previously shown center label and this new little bit from the cover.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (123.42 KiB) Viewed 6109 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (175.72 KiB) Viewed 6109 times
By ScoJo
Aha!

I've had an epiphany....that's totes gotta be Mad Monster Party y'all. Very excited for that soundtrack to the classic Rankin Bass stop motion Hallowe'en classic!
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote:Aha!

I've had an epiphany....that's totes gotta be Mad Monster Party y'all. Very excited for that soundtrack to the classic Rankin Bass stop motion Hallowe'en classic!
Derp.....yeah I think you just nailed it!
By Hatter313
Although....expanded....what could that mean. Also I know he could have tongue firmly planted in cheek, but dark and spooky may refer to something more in the gothic seriousness tone.

God I love these guys
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Aha!

I think you are right. In their announcement of the subscription they refer to the Mad Monster Party as the definite release of this score. Just like on that hype sticker.
By Hatter313
I was thinking that it might be that. sweet
By Hatter313
I've mentioned this before, but the opening shot of that movie is where I live. two minute drive down the hill from my apartment. The car Debbie Harrie walks to is parked in front of my local coffee shop where I spend most of my time since i was 15. Was literally parked in that exact spot last night. Pretty sure the house she goes to is a block or so away from me too, but not sure as there are a lot of them in that area and there's a few streets with the red brick sidewalk, but definitely in town.
By Occhionero
Hatter313 wrote:I've mentioned this before, but the opening shot of that movie is where I live. two minute drive down the hill from my apartment. The car Debbie Harrie walks to is parked in front of my local coffee shop where I spend most of my time since i was 15. Was literally parked in that exact spot last night. Pretty sure the house she goes to is a block or so away from me too, but not sure as there are a lot of them in that area and there's a few streets with the red brick sidewalk, but definitely in town.
...and in what town do you live? ;-)