Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reelybored
Little Walter wrote:The price will be $40 retail, but for y'all I have 'em for less.
how much will you have them for?
By Mateo Sanboval
If it is truly the 1998 CD's tracklist, this will add 8 cuts to what was previously a 10 track album. I'll be buying since it's one of my favorite scores ever. I think the plain yellow looks lovely, but I'll be hoping for a black version. Interested in the liners as well.
By Hatter313
started rematching it last night, one of the few perfect films
By The Cult Leader
I watched a few nights ago when it was announced. So much to say about that movie, but I'll leave that to one of the more eloquent posters here.

Love the part where Travis first meets Sport.

"I had a horse once in Coney Island, she got hit by a car"
By reelybored
ok went through, always teasing they are
By maxlevel
What the hell! Six minute sell out.

Edit - not sold out, just slightly odd checkout thingy. Got a tri colour
Last edited by maxlevel on Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By monsterworship
It does not appear to be sold out.

Here is the issue with using Shopify and how Flippers / Anal Collectors / General Douche Bags use it.

People will add large quantities of each variant to their cart (say 1000), so that it will come back and say there are only X amount available so that they can figure out the "rarity" of each color way.
It messes up the inventory temporarily for everyone else.
Its dumb. Stop it.

There is a module that can be installed for an additional $5 a month where it will put a limit the quantity per release.
There are still work arounds for people to see the quantity but its less annoying to others.
but $5 a month, urghh.
By Bezulsqy
A couple hours after purchase already a shipping notice. Nice!
Great job Waxwork. Looking forward to My Bloody Valentine next!
By milliondollars
just checked and both variants are available still. i really like that! hopefully flippers bought like 10 pieces of each and Waxwork will do a big batch of both. the speculations on which one will be the more rare one suck. i went for the yellow cab one as i don't trust in these split colour LP's too much when it comes to sound quality, no matter what label releases them.
By Hatter313
i never care about what is more "rare" but unfortunately a lot of times the variant I like the best happens to be the more rare one so i feel likeI have to scramble.
By chandler75
monsterworship wrote:People will add large quantities of each variant to their cart (say 1000), so that it will come back and say there are only X amount available so that they can figure out the "rarity" of each color way.
Its dumb. Stop it.
I have to admit to doing this, but I'm not sure it's messes up the inventory if you just enter a large enough quantity (say 10,000). Then it's not added to the cart but simply lets you know that only so and so are available.

It's mostly out of curiosity I do it, since it's too expensive to order directly from WW from here in Denmark (including shipping, VAT and postal fees a $40 record will end up costing $100).

If anyone's interested, I think the yellow one is the more limited version. When I checked soon after they went on sale, that one was already down to about 800 copies, while the tri color had about 1800. Since then the tri color has obviously been the big seller and is now down to 360 while the solid yellow is at 700.

Another thing is, I don't know why WW are the only of the labels here that are so secretive about their pressing numbers...
By reelybored
fan of the Babadook - been a while though - probably time to revisit. I cant say i remember the music though
By Bezulsqy
chandler75 wrote:
monsterworship wrote:People will add large quantities of each variant to their cart (say 1000), so that it will come back and say there are only X amount available so that they can figure out the "rarity" of each color way.
Its dumb. Stop it.
I have to admit to doing this, but I'm not sure it's messes up the inventory if you just enter a large enough quantity (say 10,000). Then it's not added to the cart but simply lets you know that only so and so are available.

It's mostly out of curiosity I do it, since it's too expensive to order directly from WW from here in Denmark (including shipping, VAT and postal fees a $40 record will end up costing $100).

If anyone's interested, I think the yellow one is the more limited version. When I checked soon after they went on sale, that one was already down to about 800 copies, while the tri color had about 1800. Since then the tri color has obviously been the big seller and is now down to 360 while the solid yellow is at 700.

Another thing is, I don't know why WW are the only of the labels here that are so secretive about their pressing numbers...
I'm based in the Netherlands and this record cost me 50 euro's to get here. That does include the 18% discount from being a subscriber. Without the discount it would be 6 or 7 euro more expensive. I have never had to pay extra custom duties from any of my purchase from Waxwork or Mondo or some other labels from the US. They always state the value of the contents to 5 or 10 dollars. That means no added custom fee.
Of course in Denmark this could be different, but I doubt it.

I bought the tri-color in stead of the yellow because the yellow probably is the retail variant (Transmission and Little Walter have it). That also could explain the difference in availability through Waxwork's own shop. I can (and mostly will as well) always get that version at a later point in time. Often from retailers in Europe.

Waxwork is not more secretive than the other labels in my opinion. They have stated the numbers for their limited variants in the past (mostly 500). For bigger runs they do not state the amount. The same goes for Mondo/Death Waltz. They do not always state the amount being pressed.
Does it matter? As a collector I love to get the more limited variant. But I buy those to listen to as well. I can't imagine selling my records. These releases are interesting for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons (collector, flipper, score aficionado, movie memorabilia collector, music lover,...).
By Aremagod
chandler75 wrote:Another thing is, I don't know why WW are the only of the labels here that are so secretive about their pressing numbers...
I wish more labels would not state their pressing numbers to keep the flippers and limited variant seekers to a minimum. Buy a variant because you like it and hopefully want to listen to the music....don't worry about pressing numbers as you aren't building a retirement portfolio.
By chandler75
Aremagod wrote:I wish more labels would not state their pressing numbers to keep the flippers and limited variant seekers to a minimum. Buy a variant because you like it and hopefully want to listen to the music....don't worry about pressing numbers as you aren't building a retirement portfolio.
As long as the "limited quantity" is 500-2000 copies as most copies are today in this genre, I don't really see a market for flippers, unless we're talking about a title like "Twin Peaks"... And I know that WW's releases are pressed in larger quantities - that's why both "Taxi Driver" editions are still available. Which is fine, but why not just state the number?
By chandler75
Bezulsqy wrote:They always state the value of the contents to 5 or 10 dollars. That means no added custom fee.
Do they still do that? OK, then I should maybe take a chance again. However, the Danish customs are not always convinved and will sometimes ask to see a PayPal invoice anyway, in which case you're screwed :)
By Aremagod
chandler75 wrote: but why not just state the number?
I would ask why state the number.....does a more limited pressing make the music better? I understand the collector mentality but records are for listening to.......100...500...1000000 copies doesn't change the value of the music to me.
By Little Walter
Waxwork was nice enough to sell me both colors of Taxi Driver at wholesale cost, a benefit of the high quantity of each, so personally, I'm thankful to the high numbers and the discretion. If it was blatant that one version was more limited, then it would've sold faster and it would hit stores less.
By blastman
chandler75 wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote:They always state the value of the contents to 5 or 10 dollars. That means no added custom fee.
Do they still do that? OK, then I should maybe take a chance again. However, the Danish customs are not always convinved and will sometimes ask to see a PayPal invoice anyway, in which case you're screwed :)
My Back To The Future trilogy arrived in Ireland this week from Mondo with a stated value of $15. As you said, you can be unlucky with customs but at least you have a fighting chance. :)