Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
I remember reading Waxwork's reply on Instagram stating that first two sub titles will be shipped together.
By Bezulsqy
NMA wrote:I remember reading Waxwork's reply on Instagram stating that first two sub titles will be shipped together.
Thanks. I am scanning the comments now :-)

I found this: Rosemary's Baby repress on it's way...
Too many other posts to go through...

But that could mean that this tweet:
“We have three new releases coming your way within the next month. Gangs, slashers, and monsters are coming for you!”
indeed does refer to My Bloody Valentine and Mad Monster Party (as danw1thepony guessed).
By Bezulsqy
NMA, thanks for that. I am not on Facebook so miss everything they post there.
So release of the first two sub items around Friday 20...
By Hatter313
I'm pretty sure the second sub release is going to be Shock Waves. the monsters are likely the treated From Beyond release, which will probably drop in June.
By Hatter313
Mad Monster Party is just such a halloween release I feel like it will be the last sub release, with the mystery one in-between either after shock waves or the howling.
By Bezulsqy
It does make sense that Mad Monster Party will be released at the end of the year or around Halloween.
Waxworks comment about the gangs, skaters and monsters put me in that track.
I never thought of From Beyond as a movie about monsters. But in light of that tweet it does make sense.
How would one refer to the evil forces in Shock Waves? Simply as Nasty Nazi Soldiers from Death?

So looking forward to see what they thought of for the sub versions....
By Hatter313
Oh interesting! I liked the video of this that was floating around a few months back. Very cool.
By Hatter313
According to Instagram, MBV Next week, surprise release the week after that, shock waves in June!
By Mateo Sanboval
Bub wrote:
Up next: the unreleased, rejected score to The Exorcist by composer Lalo Schifrin
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2016/ ... ck-reissue
Cheers for this, Bub. I wonder if the found more materials for this or if I'm misinformed, but I've always read that Schifrin's score was partially complete and meant to be used sparingly resulting in around 15 minutes of music.
By Hatter313
@mateo, could make for a fun 10"
By Bub
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Bub wrote:
Up next: the unreleased, rejected score to The Exorcist by composer Lalo Schifrin
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2016/ ... ck-reissue
Cheers for this, Bub. I wonder if the found more materials for this or if I'm misinformed, but I've always read that Schifrin's score was partially complete and meant to be used sparingly resulting in around 15 minutes of music.

Mateo, you're right because on this release there are only 3 tracks by Schifrin so who knows what's been unearthed..

https://www.discogs.com/Lalo-Schifrin-J ... se/3741067
By Mateo Sanboval
@Hatter - It certainly could.

@Bub - I don't think I ever knew that box set existed. Pretty cool actually.
By Bezulsqy
Hint to new release Don't Go In The House or to the score of House?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (209.59 KiB) Viewed 6643 times
By Hatter313
Hmmm, good call. Given that house is a manfredini score to a Steve miner film that's a likely idea
By Mateo Sanboval
It's clearly a surprise release deluxe and expanded 7" with the unreleased score to and once-lost-now-found unused cues from DON'T: The Trailer.

Proof:
By Bezulsqy
never saw that trailer...
In Europe they released Grindhouse as two separate films instead of everything combined together. No idea why I missed the trailers when I watched the movies a later point in time.
Would love that on a 7" :-)
By Bezulsqy
Hatter313 wrote:Hmmm, good call. Given that house is a manfredini score to a Steve miner film that's a likely idea
Someone asked in a comment on that Instagram post if it had anything to do with Shock Waves. Waxworks responds:
Sorta ;-)
Richard Einhorn composed the score to Shock Waves as well as to Don't go in the House. Waxwork teased last year that they were going to release the scores to some grindhouse films.
In an interview they mentioned wanting to release all Manfredini's scores. I suppose House is in the works, but wonder if they would release that so soon.I can imagine it needing a lot more time if at the time of the interview they didn't even have the rights.
I wouldn't be surprised if the secret sub release is going to be the score to Don't go in the House... but that would make the hint in this last instagram post to obvious.
Only time will tell :-)
Do love thinking and guessing about their releases.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:never saw that trailer...
In Europe they released Grindhouse as two separate films instead of everything combined together. No idea why I missed the trailers when I watched the movies a later point in time.
Would love that on a 7" :-)
Oh, man, Bez. Do yourself a favor and watch the other trailers from those films. Don't was made by Edgar Wright, Werewolf Women of the SS by Rob Zombie, and Thanksgiving by Eli Roth. And the films for Machete and Hobo with a Shotgun grew from their own Grindhouse trailers.
By Bezulsqy
@ Mateo: I will check them out soon.

On another note: what do you think of the post on facebook placed above the picture of The Exorcist:
Prepping something very special for you all. There will also be a special release to coincide with this. Details soon.
I read that as another release to coincide with the release of the Exorcist. And looking at Lalo Schifrin's list of scores a couple of candidates pop up:
The Amityville Horror? A Stranger is Watching? a 7" with the theme of Tales of Halloween (2015)

Am I thinking too far out of the box?