Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
I'm thinking of how much of a nightmare that glitter is going to be, and how it will get all over other records and such.

glitter bomb.
By Bezulsqy
monsterworship wrote:I'm thinking of how much of a nightmare that glitter is going to be, and how it will get all over other records and such.

glitter bomb.
Haha. Very true.
I need to get bigger protective sleeves for this. The ones I have don't fit around the Waxwork releases.
By Mateo Sanboval
Wait, you bros still use wax condoms? Ever heard of intestine?! If it's a money thing, you could at least use a horn or something. Jeez, guys, get with the times.
By deafmetal
The crumbs and dust from splatter/haze vinyl just weren't enough to deal with already, now there is glitter involved...
By Bezulsqy
Y'all probably have seen these but to keep this thread the go to thread for Altered States might as well post it.
Btw @ Mateo: can you change the topic title to something containing Altered States as it is hardly a mystery by now. The only mystery is the release date. I do know that when Waxworks says this month they actually mean maybe next month.

So at least two different variants (and that is enough!) and glitter on the cover of the deluxe version (maybe deluxe cover only cover?).
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2016-06-25 om 01.21.10.png
Schermafbeelding 2016-06-25 om 01.21.10.png (714.8 KiB) Viewed 6738 times
Schermafbeelding 2016-06-25 om 01.20.53.png
Schermafbeelding 2016-06-25 om 01.20.53.png (734.24 KiB) Viewed 6738 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks for the heads up on the thread title, Bezulsqy, I never knew I could change that!
By Aremagod
lazyben wrote:Do we know if this is part of the sub?
I would probably guess this isn't the mystery sub release since Waxwork revealed it and didn't say it was the mystery release...but what do I know.
By ScoJo
Im pretty sure this is going to be the same music, remastered. Im probably going to pick this up for that reason and the new art, and its a huge fave movie. But its the first release since '81 so who knows how diff it will sound? (Must say, the 81 press sounds pretty damn great to me however)
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:Im pretty sure this is going to be the same music, remastered. Im probably going to pick this up for that reason and the new art, and its a huge fave movie. But its the first release since '81 so who knows how diff it will sound? (Must say, the 81 press sounds pretty damn great to me however)
I am with you on all of this, ScoJo, but for those very reasons I will be holding off on The Decision until I get more info about the release or pics and reviews come trickling in from the STBC extended family. I instinctively want this, but don't know if I need it...yet.
By Mateo Sanboval
milliondollars wrote:soooo nice to see this being available finally....
But it's widely and cheaply available now.
By Bezulsqy
Indeed it is.
I am also interested to see what makes this release different than the original release when looking at the music.
Artwork is going to look very special looking at the teased bits.
By reddye6
It was remastered recently for CD for La-La Land.
By Bezulsqy
reddye6 wrote:It was remastered recently for CD for La-La Land.
True. But Waxwork master their releases again from the original master tapes. Or they try to get as close to the original tapes as possible. Most of the releases Waxwork have released already were released by La-La Land but they don't use the same remaster.
I am wondering if they are going to have more music on their version than previously released.
Today we will here more
By milliondollars
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
milliondollars wrote:soooo nice to see this being available finally....
But it's widely and cheaply available now.
i mean the WW version...
By Bezulsqy
Waxwork Records is excited to announce that we will be releasing the score to ALTERED STATES on Friday July, 1st.
This release is a deluxe re-issue of the 1980 score by Pulitzer Prize winning, Oscar winning, and five time Grammy winning composer, John Corigliano.
The audio was sourced from the original masters, and the LP release has been officially and enthusiastically approved by the composer.
The artwork has been created by Australian based art-duo @webuyyourkids, and the heavyweight old-style gatefold jacket features a deluxe glitter coating (this coating will never come off or create a glittery mess ever, rest assured).
Exclusive liner notes by composer John Corigliano are featured on a 12"x12" insert with artwork by We Buy Your Kids.
The re-mastered-for-vinyl Grammy nominated score has been pressed to 180 gram Purple and Violet "Hallucination" Swirl vinyl and sounds incredible.
More details and artwork to come. Get ready to alter your minds this Friday.
By Aremagod
Bezulsqy wrote:Y'all probably have seen these but to keep this thread the go to thread for Altered States might as well post it.
Btw @ Mateo: can you change the topic title to something containing Altered States as it is hardly a mystery by now. The only mystery is the release date. I do know that when Waxworks says this month they actually mean maybe next month.

So at least two different variants (and that is enough!) and glitter on the cover of the deluxe version (maybe deluxe cover only cover?).
So WW mention just the purple variant so the question is...is the red/green/purple a sub version or a completely different release that is also using very similar WBYK label art?