Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
A very interesting line-up for the new sub. Three unreleased OST's, and I still do not own a copy of The Howling (for shame!). I'm in. I enjoyed the 2015 subscription.
By Aremagod
Shock Waves and My Bloody Valentine .....I'm beyond excited and just want to throw money at Waxworks again in 2016 like I did in 2015. Now if only someone would release Killer Klowns!!!
By palmat
Unfortunately I´m not gonna re-sub this year. Dropping 275 dollars on a subscription when xmas looms heavily over my economy is not realistic. Hell, it might be a good idea for Waxwork to reconsider when they drop their next years´sub. Around christmas is not the best time in my opinion when people have to buy christmas gifts and whatnot. Had they pushed the date to january or earlier in the fall (october) I would have resubbed but at this time it´s too pricey for me. I hope that those who re-sub or are first-time-subbers enjoy their subscriptions as much as I enjoyed mine this year.
By Bezulsqy
All releases will have other variants. Sometimes two different next to the sub. If you don't subscribe you can get all the releases anyway.
For me the discount of 18% and getting the most limited version is the reason I subscribe. And because I like to be surprised.
If they have a sub for 2017 I hope they only show one release and keep the others a mystery.
By Dollarhyde
@phantom

they will all hit retail but I think the sub copies are on an exclusive variant colour, I think. From the clips these all sound pretty damn amazing, if I could afford it I would consider subbing, but as @palmat said not the best time of year to fork out $275.

I think also to buy the 5 lps in your local store, here in the UK anyway, would work out around £40 to £50 cheaper.

Economies aside would just like to repeat how great these releases sound, most of which I have never heard or seen the movies of, will definetely be checking out SHOCKWAVES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=190zevq7Lkc
By palmat
@Dollarhyde
I wish I had a local record store where I could get Waxwork Records. Living in Sweden one is pretty much at the mercy of internet retailers since almost all record stores have gone bankrupt. And the few that still exist rarely carries soundtracks.
By ScoJo
palmat wrote:@Dollarhyde
I wish I had a local record store where I could get Waxwork Records. Living in Sweden one is pretty much at the mercy of internet retailers since almost all record stores have gone bankrupt. And the few that still exist rarely carries soundtracks.
Hey @palmat - i know it's not ideal, but I heartily recommend getting your Waxwork titles from the superb Shipping Records. He carries their releases at very reasonable prices, and I'm pretty sure his European shipping rates are also not bad. All in all, I'm sure it works out better than grabbing direct from the label...
By thewaystation
Not to derail the thread (since I do not intend to subscribe) but, @Palmat, where in Sweden are you based? I'm in Stockholm - maybe you live close by and we could share the shipping burden sometime, be it Waxwork-related or not.
By ScoJo
I hate to quibble with the wonderful folks at WW, but I think their claim that Shock Waves "is one of the very first 100% electronic scores" is a bit wide of the mark. Starting with the VERY first all the way back in 1956, there are a few others between then and 1977. To the best of my knowledge, these include

Forbidden Planet (1956)
The Strangler of Blackmoor Castle (1960)
The Birds (1963)
The Andromeda Strain (1971)
Solaris (1972)
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (1972)
The Severed Arm (1972)
Messiah of Evil (1973)
Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)

However, I'm extremely excited for all of the announced titles so far!
By XGEEKEDGERX
Dipped my toe in for this. Never bothered with subscriptions before but the quality of the 2015 WW releases made this a no brainer for me.
By monsterworship
ScoJo
and From The Didn't you hear mort garson release 1970 :)
The first completely electronically scored motion picture! Experience sounds and sensations you never have before.
By Occhionero
Aremagod wrote:Happy for the advance notice email yesterday from Waxwork so I could get the 2016 sub out of the way last night.
Same here. My wife called me nuts cause I had to wake up at 4am - German Time Zone ....
By palmat
@thewaystation
Sorry to say I´m based in Karlstad so it´s not even close to Sthlm. Nice of you to suggest shared orders though. Kul att träffa på andra svenskar här på STBC-forumet!
By palmat
@scojo
I know of Shipping Records and have heard good things about them. I've compared prices and shipping on Black Christmas for instance and I save about 1 £ on ordering from SR than WW. So I probably will continue buying directly from WW to support the WW crew.
By ScoJo
monsterworship wrote:ScoJo
and From The Didn't you hear mort garson release 1970 :)
The first completely electronically scored motion picture! Experience sounds and sensations you never have before.
@Monster...I want that record SO bad! Do you have a spare?? ;)