Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deathwaltz
palmat wrote:@Dollarhyde
I wish I had a local record store where I could get Waxwork Records. Living in Sweden one is pretty much at the mercy of internet retailers since almost all record stores have gone bankrupt. And the few that still exist rarely carries soundtracks.
Transmission have a flat fee of £8 international shipping (it's tracked too) so very cheap shipping option there.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:I hate to quibble with the wonderful folks at WW, but I think their claim that Shock Waves "is one of the very first 100% electronic scores" is a bit wide of the mark. Starting with the VERY first all the way back in 1956, there are a few others between then and 1977. To the best of my knowledge, these include

Forbidden Planet (1956)
The Strangler of Blackmoor Castle (1960)
The Birds (1963)
The Andromeda Strain (1971)
Solaris (1972)
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (1972)
The Severed Arm (1972)
Messiah of Evil (1973)
Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)

However, I'm extremely excited for all of the announced titles so far!
As you stated above a lot of soundtracks come before Shock Wave. I am curious as why Waxwork stated it like they did. They even phrased it as en early 70's score. And 1977 is not really early 70's... Maybe they have more stuff coming that suits that description better.

When I just joined this board someone gave me this link with some very interesting lessons about electronic (horror) scores: http://horrorpedia.com/2014/08/01/horro ... r-article/
By palmat
@deathwaltz

Thanks for the heads up on Transmission. Have ordered from you guys before but have not compared your shipping to other retailers.
By blastman
Quick question I'm hoping Waxwork or a 2015 subber could help with: do Waxwork ship additional purchases outside the sub along with sub items to keep shipping costs down (the way OWS do)?
By reddye6
I haven't gotten a t-shirt yet (or a follow-up email).
By Bezulsqy
BurningAstronaut wrote:Any subscribers know if WWR sent out the membership tees yet? I recall they sent an email around June asking for sizes... What I can't recall is if I got it!
Probably will be send together with last subriber package. That was the case last year.