Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
"A press release notes that Zittrer's "haunting, dissonant score" has never been released in any format, with the master tapes having been missing for 40 years. The composer and Waxwork spent a year tracking down the music, with Zittrer going on to spend many months putting together "a cohesive, definitive Black Christmas soundtrack experience." The mastering was done by Thomas Dimuzio."

Pictured below, "Glass Unicorn with Sorority Sister Blood Splatter" variant of BLACK CHRISTMAS.

Source: http://exclaim.ca/music/article/black_c ... =entwitter

Source #2: https://www.facebook.com/waxworkrecords ... =3&theater
Attachments
12291185_2330286650443902_1873248211416855231_o.jpg
12291185_2330286650443902_1873248211416855231_o.jpg (32.16 KiB) Viewed 4710 times
By deafmetal
I had to order this today. Interesting to read the notes about how it was put together from long-lost masters. Also excited to watch this with the board film club this Sunday.
By tak_a_tak
Cannot wait to get this one, been very excited since I first heard about it. I love this movie.
By ScoJo
Sadly can't make the sync up today, have a good one chaps!

(btw...myself and @TAG are planning another chat-a-long episode of the DFC as a Christmas Day special -
which you can also sync-along with, and listen to us BS about a classic anti-Xmas flick ;)

Enjoy your evening, you heavy-breathing maniacs...
By Statochess
This arrived yesterday and I must say - the first non-essential WW release. Really can't see why they bothered. Just over twenty minutes of 'music', well really mostly sound FX from the film. And the fact that they now play cheap with their paper sleeves being non-lined is really starting to put me off.
By NathanLurker
Are you really that annoyed by paper inner sleeves ? you can buy a pack of plastic inner sleeve and hop, problem solved. I think it's a beautiful packaging. They could have gone with a single sleeve cover like they did for Starry Eyes or Chopping Mall but they didn't. they went with that cool sturdy gatefold with the sealed left sleeve. I personnaly enjoy this release very much, it's a great creepy mood.
By Mateo Sanboval
I love a cracking bit of inner sleeve banter! Seriously. Great stuff.
By Statochess
Aren't you the wit! I actually had emailed WW to ask why they had changed their inner sleeves. The response was that they were trying to save money. So trying to save money at one end, and increasing the price to the customer at the other. Not sure if WW have financial difficulties, and I would imagine their margins are very tight, but when you are shelling out top dollar (or pound) to buy the stuff I do expect the sleeve that actually holds and protects the record to be of a pretty high standard without having to go and buy a decent sleeve myself. You wouldn't buy a car and then expect to replace the engine oil or something just to protect the engine. But hey as long as the paint work is top notch?? Nah, music first and foremost!
By Mateo Sanboval
Statochess wrote:Aren't you the wit!
Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! Hakuna matata,

Mellow Mateo