Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By slik
Transmission had it up for sale just after 16.00 UK time, my WW early bird came through at least 15/20 minutes before it went online at WW. However, this was 10 minutes after Transmission.......End of this tale though, is I got what I wanted. Waiting on the "post"age sniping next. DHL... bring the pain!
By reddye6
monsterworship wrote:i didn't renew this year, but i'm curious as to the quality of the sub one as it is very similar to the regular multi color one they are offering
I didn't realize that the subscriber versions were on their way; in fact, I got mine today. For me, this release was one of the better ones in terms of sound quality. I didn't have headphones on, but the speaker was right next to me, and it sounded great and clean.
By bpwlogan
Thanks for the information reddye6. I noticed the yellow vinyl sold out before the multicolored varient on the WW site; it's usually the other way around. I have to say that the multicolored releases from the last subscription sounded good to me especially The Howling. I'll have to check the PO box tomorrow to see if I have a package.
By monsterworship
bpwlogan wrote:Thanks for the information reddye6. I noticed the yellow vinyl sold out before the multicolored varient on the WW site; it's usually the other way around. I have to say that the multicolored releases from the last subscription sounded good to me especially The Howling. I'll have to check the PO box tomorrow to see if I have a package.

most likely because the yellow is the retail version available from light in the attic so they probably just had less stock of that themselves not necessarily less made in total, at least that is how it works for me.
By bpwlogan
Ok, interesting information monster. I was surfing around 2HD late last night and they have the retail edition available too. I just played my subscription varient this morning and I have to agree with reddye6 on the sound quality of this release. There's no surface noise whatsoever on my record. It's a great start for the new sub for sure!
By reddye6
I ended up getting my shipping notice today (the album came yesterday).
By blue15
reddye6 wrote:I ended up getting my shipping notice today (the album came yesterday).
Me too!
By SpaceCadet
Glad everyone was hooked up! I watched the movie again last night, just as lovely as ever.
By deafmetal
First impressions on this release: Love the cover art, as it was my favorite from the online poll. I subscribed again this year, so I received the multi-color vinyl. It would have been great to see new sleeve notes from Joseph LoDuca regarding this soundtrack, but the focus seems to be on the newly-created artwork with the insert. The vinyl is beautifully garish, but I am hearing surface noise in headphones, which just seems unavoidable with these Waxwork releases. It's a bit heavier on side B, and I seem to be unlucky lately with WW color vinyl. The mastering sounds great for such an aggressive and bombastic score. I think it all just makes me appreciate the score even more than I did before, and yet another reminder that I have yet to land a Varese OG.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:First impressions on this release: Love the cover art, as it was my favorite from the online poll. I subscribed again this year, so I received the multi-color vinyl. It would have been great to see new sleeve notes from Joseph LoDuca regarding this soundtrack, but the focus seems to be on the newly-created artwork with the insert. The vinyl is beautifully garish, but I am hearing surface noise in headphones, which just seems unavoidable with these Waxwork releases. It's a bit heavier on side B, and I seem to be unlucky lately with WW color vinyl. The mastering sounds great for such an aggressive and bombastic score. I think it all just makes me appreciate the score even more than I did before, and yet another reminder that I have yet to land a Varese OG.
Thanks for the listening notes, Deaf.