Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:PSST...It's a deer.
Yes...yes it is...I...well darn...it was always been a deer and for some reason my brain just decided it was a moose when i was a teenager and that was that.
By deafmetal
I really like the cover art with the tree roots forming the face of the Necronomicon book. I also think the inner gatefold with the bridge is great, and a good placement of Ash. It's such a great shot in the film. I am torn on the back image. I like all of them.
By Aremagod
I can understand the love of the deer head image but I feel the hand was more important to the Evil Dead 2 story. Gimmicky or not, that hand image is iconic and right out of the movie....would like to see the mouse hole background with that hand.

Someone on social media mentioned that they should use A as the cover with a clear slip cover that has Evil Dead 2 on it....I dig that idea.
By Hatter313
i like the slip idea, use the large title treatment from D and it could be super dramatic.

Really wish someone would reissue the first one too. so hard to come by I have a great pressing on the 2nd with the awesome european release art and a digital copy too, but for the first...nothing. :(. even CDs too expensive
By Mateo Sanboval
Aremagod wrote: Someone on social media mentioned that they should use A as the cover with a clear slip cover that has Evil Dead 2 on it....I dig that idea.
Solid, solid idea. Taking a page from DWRC's The Fog. Great look.
By deafmetal
Agreed, I really like the idea of the title logo on a transparent sleeve. Great to see Waxwork collaborating like this on the release.

As many others, I yet to put up the high cost to pick up any of the original LP's on vinyl. I would also like to see a reissue of The Evil Dead.
By Hatter313
I pulled the trigger last year on the second one when someone had it up for 19 pounds. with the conversion and incredibly reasonable shipping it came out to about the same thing as any premium release from our labels here.

I'd be happy to even have the first on CD just so i could listen to it in some format, but that also runs up past the $50 mark most of the time, and i just can't do it...(knowing full well that all thistle today will probably cause me to do it soon now anyway)
By Mateo Sanboval
Nice one, BurningAstronaut. I'd missed this. Cool that it's seemingly close to fruition. I know folks are particularly thirsty for this'n.
By Hatter313
Wow, I'm not the only thing that turned 30 today :)....guess I'll have to watch it tonight....twist my arm.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:Wow, I'm not the only thing that turned 30 today :)....guess I'll have to watch it tonight....twist my arm.
By Hatter313
Hahaha, thank you sir!

I guess it was destined to be one of my all time favorite films, coming into the world together as we did.
By deafmetal
@Hatter - Happy Birthday, Chris!

I am enjoying the similarity between the Waxwork cover art and the recent DWRC 7". It also helps that I love all things Evil Dead.
By Hatter313
Thanks all, it's been a weird weekend.

@deaf, yeah I did a double take when I saw the cover, should look nice together, especially if DW/Mondo release the full rescore which I think was pretty much a given.

For my money, EDII is a perfect film, regardless of genre. The epitome of the horror comedy, only reanimator and TCM 2 come close.
By deafmetal
Subber variant:

I like how the commenter named surface_noise is "So pumped!!!" Haha...
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:I like how the commenter named surface_noise is "So pumped!!!" Haha...
An ominous portent to be certain.
By SpaceCadet
Holy fuck just saw the news! Oh my god. Day and hour one if I can ascertain dates and times hahaha

I fear I used up all my lucky disc karma on securing Carpenter Brut's Trilogy and Data Discs' Panzer Dragoon earlier this year.
By reddye6
monsterworship wrote:can any subscribers comment on the sound quality of the multi colored version?
For Waxwork in general? I find them to be a little noisy -- not enough for me to stop getting the subscription, but enough that each time I get one in the mail I cross my fingers that it'll sound decent.
By monsterworship
i didn't renew this year, but i'm curious as to the quality of the sub one as it is very similar to the regular multi color one they are offering
By Aremagod
I just got my sub early bird email AFTER I bought the other two variants.....I kind of wish Waxwork emails would get to me early so they would serve their intended purpose.