Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By sonnydexter
definitive ... nice ;)
By Occhionero
So, Waxwork vs WahWah?! I guess I will support Waxwork.
By Hatter313
Already ordered the wah wah from Spencer, and I love that artwork, so this will likely be the first double dip I do, cause God knows how cool waxworks art is gonna be. Great album, great movie, can't wait to spin them both!
By deafmetal
@Hatter313 - I did the same. It also looks like WahWah is reissuing all the PV/Herzog collaboration soundtracks this coming August. They are all listed on Norman.
By NathanLurker
Just streamed the album for the first time, I had heard OF this soundtrack but I hadn't heard actual music. It sounds like a must have.
By Hatter313
@NathanLurker,

It's really an exceptional album (or albums to be accurate thus far)

I really can't wait to see what waxwork does for this one!
By jamesschmidtke
SO EXCITED FOR THIS RELEASE! Love this movie/record, and the blood and alabaster splatter possibilities!
By Hatter313
WOW, did you see the art tease on twitter...i'm running with limited availability right now or i'd post myself. but ow, it looks so cool, very appropriate folky looking style for this record. oh man this is gonna be my favorite release this year, i can already feel it.
By Ptflea2
We all need more Klaus Kinski cover art regardless.
By deafmetal
@texas - Yeah, I saw that and was thinking of picking it up. With all the represses, you almost need a Popol Vuh budget just for this year, yikes.
By vonthedestroyer
"The album drops on April 17th and the street date is in May 25th."

Any news on this today?
By waxworkrecords
More news to come. Small set back on production for this title and Friday the 13th Part 2 due to bottlenecking at the pressing plants for Record Store Day 2015.
By Hatter313
Really looking forward to this, thanks waxwork for putting out these monster releases!
By Hatter313
OK, these art teases are starting to be a problem...my hype level for this is already through the roof, and it looks like the packaging will be remarkably beautiful for this release. every little detail you guys tease out makes me giddy. i straight up mewled with anticipation when i saw that last video. I am a grown person..and i mewled...like a cat.

I already know this is going to be my reissue of the year. you guys rock
By pereubu
Hey guys, any updates on this yet? Cancelled my pre-order for the WahWah release. Does anyone know what music will be on the Waxwork version. the WahWah has Popul Vuhs orignal unused recordings as well as the tracks that Herzog picked for use in the film (which is very nice). Will Waxworks be the same as this? Cant wait.
By milliondollars
Bezulsqy wrote: Different strokes for different folks I guess..
haha, so true. what a boring world it would be if we all liked the same things...

watched the movie last night by the way. i really like it a lot. just playing the score again, this is really one of the best releases of 2015 (for me)
By texasvinyl
No doubt. I've been thinking about my favorite stuff from 2015. It's tough to pick a favorite (or even two) from Waxwork, they just killed it this year with Nosferatu, Phase IV, CHUD, Tourist Trap, Starry Eyes and Nightbreed!
By texasvinyl
Phase IV is awesome. Somehow my copy got really scratched up._. I figured I did something stupid and was gonna buy a new play copy, but there were a bunch of other comments about scratched copies so it may have been grit/dirt from the factory in the inner sleeves. It probably would be my pick of the year or top three without the scratches.
By deafmetal
@texas - It would be ideal if the factories would clean up that grit before putting the vinyl in sleeves. I've had a few LP's damaged the same way this past way.