Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By waxworkrecords
Our next release will be PHASE IV. We're so excited about this record, it's silly. For those who haven't watched this movie, it's streaming on Netflix now. You can also watch it on YouTube.

The 1974 science fiction film was directed by legendary graphic designer, poster artist, illustrator, master mind Saul Bass.

The upcoming LP was already shaping up to be fantastic, but we now have Saul Bass' son and daughter on board, and we have been provided with a library of unbelievable material never before seen by anyone but the Bass family and historians. All of which will be included in the LP package.

We at Waxwork feel as if the film and it's awesome score is historically and culturally significant. Check out a sample from the album below. More details and dates on the way soon.

https://soundcloud.com/waxwork-records/phase-iv-phase-i
By repulsion
Glad I subscribed, looking forward to this release. One of my all time favorite movies from the 70s. Great choice WW :)
By oaxaca
Awesome announcement for sure! I know @Discosucks will be excited for this one too having already unofficially released it :P
By phantomnoir
If "Starry Eyes" is coming in March, when is this one due?
By Whip Wilson
H E double hockey sticks yes!
By maxlevel
So is there a blu ray release planned as well?
By DISCOSUCKS...
There is a new 2k digital print which is being screened, along with the infamous "lost" cut ending...one can only hope for the same out on blu soon
By Whip Wilson
I'd not heard of the new print, Disco. Has that been making the rounds in your part of the hemisphere?
By Dollarhyde
This sounds great! can't wait
By DISCOSUCKS...
It sure has @Mateo, though I've yet to catch it. I was supposed to screen it in my home city (Birmingham) with the lost ending, but the BFI pulled the print at the last minute so they could debut it during their recent sci fi season :(

Really want to screen my 16mm print again at some point this year, too!
By Whip Wilson
@Disco - Great news indeed. Fingers crossed for a BD release this year.
By antimax
Great news, exciting! Love the film.
By waxworkrecords
Pre orders drop tomorrow. More details to come via our mailing list email tonight and Fact Magazine feature tomorrow.
By sirpsychoswayze
Please tell me this release is going to have the gorgeous piece of music that plays during the lost ending...
By lazyben
Looking forward to Phase IV immensely.

By the way, and I say this in amused, not bitchy, fashion, did anyone ever receive one of the mythical subber postcards?
By strictlywayward
In a comparably amused fashion, I say that I did not.
By hellorockview89
I was wondering about this too earlier today actually. Having fractured my ankle, I haven't checked my letter mail in awhile (several weeks actually) and decided to do so today. In the pile of junk mail, phone & bill statements I had, I did not have a subscription postcard. Maybe it will come with the first release?

By Whip Wilson
The nitty and the gritty:
"Available on 180 gram Black vinyl, Toxic Blue Haze vinyl, and 100% Yellow vinyl. Subscription holders will automatically receive 180 gram "Celestial Event" Red with Yellow splatter vinyl.
Housed in a heavyweight Stoughton tip-on gatefold jacket with satin finish. Also comes with a 12 page booklet featuring never before seen production photos, conceptual art, and liner notes by Sean Savage of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Full package artwork has been created by Kilian Eng. This item is a pre order and will ship in March."
By blue15
Seems like all the talk has been about the packaging & presentation, and nothing about the actual music itself. Brian Gascoigne is the main composer, with Stomu Yamashta, David Vorhaus and Desmond Briscoe handling montage & electronic scoring.
By Whip Wilson
Fair point, blue15, and thanks for noting. A few of us have been geeked for this release since forever so forgive us our trespasses. I think we, certainly I, have taken the love of the actual score for granted when reporting details. Heck, one STBCer sourced the score themselves a while back. Also, all of the post-colonic text quoted above is copied from Waxwork themselves.