Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By TheHolocene
My sub copy arrived from across the Atlantic today. It sounds absolutely incredible. I remember my mum taping Phase IV off the TV and sitting me down to watch it when I was about 10. I never remember it sounding this good though... Just the ants! Cheers WW!
By VinyLOST
I am another that was expecting the "toxic blue haze" would look like the pics by Waxwork on Facebook and Instagram. It looks nothing like what I was hoping to get at all.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Hmm....my blue version arrived today and it's looking pretty sweet. The booklet is off the hook! :O
By abedunk
My sub copy arrived in Seattle today - looks and sounds great.

I recommend a close listen, this is a subtle score with a lot of cool sounds happening. My office turntable situation wasn't cutting the mustard, but once I got it on the home system, I was blown away. Use your better turntable for this one!
By deathwaltz
Surely the reason your toxic blue variant doesn't look like the picture is becuase of the filter used on Instagram?

I forgot to pick one of these up when we did the pop up shop in Austin , so I need to pick this up at some point . Great film and a great score, looking forward to seeing / reading the booklet. Hopefully someone will put this out on Blu soon.

I'm super selective what I buy these days but this is way up there.
By DISCOSUCKS...
I think some people might have just been a bit unlucky with their pressing - my blue copy looks just like the WW preview:

By Aremagod
I just chalked it up to the randomness of pressing these variants....while mine didn't look like the Waxwork picture, it was still a beautiful album.
By tim28212
are the classic black shipping yet?
By dumaisaudio
Got my copy on blue swirl the other day, and finally got around to listening to it last night. Very nice package all around, typical high quality Waxwork! Mine looks almost exactly like what @discosucks posted. No sound quality issues for me, just used my anti-static brush before playing instead of running it through the Spin Clean (which does help when I notice it being kinda gritty when pulling it out of the sleeve). As far as the actual music goes, I enjoyed it a lot. I've never seen the movie, but the music was pretty rad.
By Little Walter
I think the difference is how dark mine is . . . @disco's version and the WW post are so bright and attention-demanding. No real complaint though - it's damned beautiful either way.

By deafmetal
@WaxworkRecords - Very nice package for Phase IV. Fantastic art design on top of the thick gatefold sleeve. The booklet is a real treat though. Great start to your first sub!

Hoping to schedule a full-on listening session this weekend, but here is the obligatory vinyl money shot:

By waxworkrecords
Hey VinyLOST,

The image we posted to Instagram of the blue variant was totally random. It was literally the first record that J. pulled from one of the many boxes of blue freight we were delivered. I took it, held it up against a brick wall, and snapped a shot to toss up online. I didn't use a filter, I just brightened it up, sharpened it a bit in Instagram and cropped it.

The blue as well as all color records are totally random. Some have more splatter, some have more "folds" of blue, etc. Sorry to hear you're bummed about the outcome of the color you got.
By waxworkrecords
Spencer, I told you to take one! I forgot to grab a Zombie Flesh Eaters, also. It was a busy weekend.

I'll hit you up for your address, and send you a copy of Phase IV.

The outcome of the color effects, as you know, is totally random / different. Customers should know that, right... right?! I try to not use heavy filters in IG so that what customers receive is something very similar to what I throw online.

Glad to hear you're excited about this one. Took over a year to get this out. Tons of digging.

The studio told me that the rights to the film have been picked up for a blu ray release. All I can say is that it had better include the 7 minute lost ending.
By static14
@Tim mine shipped out yesterday.
By waxworkrecords
Hey, thanks!!

Yeah, totally clean your records. People think I'm weird for cleaning a record straight out of the shrink wrap, but after visiting pressing plants, you wouldn't imagine the things circulating through the air, the dust, the chaos, the many hands that handle your record before it is spun on your turntable.

A dude reached out to us saying he cleaned his copy with his fingernails. I'm not sure what that means, but I wonder if his record is damaged, now.
By repulsion
Cleaned the subscriber edition and listened to it twice. What a brilliant soundtrack. Superb release, thx WW!!
By blastman
Anyone in Europe got a copy yet?
By jgibbs4053
I agree. I clean all my albums before playing them. It sucks cuz I usually wait until I have about 20 albums to clean them all at once
By repulsion
@blastman
yep! :)
By Bezulsqy
Just finished my first listen and really love it. Sounds very different to anything else I have (of course I still don't have that many soundtracks :-) )
I do need to save up for an Okki Nokki or something. A good clean would benefit a lot of my records, and this one as well.
As far as the package goes: The gatefold is beautiful. Top quality and superb artwork. The booklet is fantastic. Love the subscriber variant.
Very happy that I subscribed. This being my first Waxwork record, looking forward to collect al the others. WW001 will arrive next week!
By deafmetal
@Bezulsqy - The Re-Animator OST is such a fun listen. Full-on Herrmann tribute!
By maxlevel
Mine just arrived from Hhv.de, it's totally brilliant.
By danwh1tepony
Have any UK subscribers received their copy of this yet? The postman was empty handed again this morning.
By palmat
Got my sub copy yesterday and spun it for the first time today. Great music and awesome packaging as always from WW. Too bad that my red sub vinyl was badly scratched. Cleaned it twice too no avail. The scratches can be felt by running your fingers over the vinyl. Someone must have done a real number in it to leave it the way it is. Just emailed WW rearding this. Hopefully they can sort me out.