Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...

I think we're done here, yeah?

Aherm...

In any event, thanks for the shout out to my lowly handmade of days gone by, it will now be out of print and deleted and will fetch arse clenchingly high sums on the aftermarket. Hurrah!
By Whip Wilson
You're officially living the dream now, hombre. Side note: The above scene is such an amazing display of scenery chewing. Not sure if anyone else could've quite pulled that off.
By dweebofthedead
I never got the newsletter and paid for a subscription.

Should I be worried, Waxwork?
By Whip Wilson
What variant us everyone going for? Sub aside, I'm fixing to pick up a black copy. I feel like that's the safest bet fidelity-wise.
By static14
@Mateo Black for me as well.
By waxworkrecords
Hey blue15,

The announcement of the release today via our mailing list was a "soft announcement". There will certainly be much more information about the actual score, who composed and performed the music, and the LP itself later today on FACT Magazine and our website. If that isn't enough, FACT will also have a full stream of the entire album. Patience is a virtue. This release is well over a year in the making. All the beans will be spilled today.
By waxworkrecords
Are you signed up for the mailing list? You can do that on our website. Also, awesome, fun subber postcards are shipping out. Patience my son!
By NathanLurker
I think I'll just get my sub edition and won't double dip, however tempting it is to get a black edition.

At some point, a record collector has to budget himself and stop buying double, hasn't he ?

I'm hyped for this release though !
By Hatter313
@Mateo

I just want to say that your enthusiasm for this release has really been awesome. I had never heard of this film or the score before this board. (which is odd in and of itself considering I'm an advertising creative and Saul Bass is our god), but seeing you, whose tastes i seem to pretty much match with, get so pumped for this made me take notice and rush out to watch the film, which i thought was great!

Anyway, amidst all the insanity this board has seen in the last few months, i thought it would be nice to highlight one of the better and more awesome things that make STBC great.

Cheers

By dweebofthedead
Does buying the subscription not put me on the mailing list?

If so, I don't think I've signed up for the newsletter.
By Little Walter
Missing the Waxwork subscription made for the worst mistake of the year so far (altogether, my year's obviously not going that bad).
By dumaisaudio
I'm going for yellow, sounds interesting.
By bansel
Blue haze for me
By nick_rising
Could someone post the newsletter? I'm in the same boat as dweeb, subber but not on the mailing list. Go figure :p
By strictlywayward
@nick_rising Mateo posted the email's text towards the bottom of this thread's first page.

As for not receiving the newsletter, everyone had to sign back up on the site after WW changed hosts. It's a quick, painless process.
By chandler75
It looks like black is the more rare version - only 150 copies left (unless the rest go to retailers).

230 Toxic blue left. 700 yellow.
By Little Walter
Just put my order in for the toxic blue . . This is one of the most exciting soundtrack releases I've ever seen.
By chandler75
I'm not getting any newsletters either, even though is says my e-mail is already registered.
By Aremagod
Picked up a blue to go with the sub copy.
By DISCOSUCKS...
What a day.

Finally.

I plumped for the blue. I'll probably pick up a store copy too when they hit the UK.

@Disco is wearing a HUGE fucking happy hat today. My dad let me stay up and watch this film late one night when I was about 9 or 10. Life changer.

If anyone's interested - in celebration of this utter, utter grail, here's some footage I cut many years ago of the band PRAM for whom I'm visual artist/projections dude. Back in the day I used to use a lot of Phase IV footage in the set ;)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pJoiRGGxco[/video]

I'm thinking also that I'm gonna have to screen my beautiful 16mm print somewhere too.
By Whip Wilson
Aw shucks, Hatter, thanks for the kind words. I think there are a lot of folks jacked and pumped for this one. They just mightn't've had a full day off mid week to post endlessly about it. Either way, you're right: this movie and score are top shelf. Now if we could just get a blu-ray release...