Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By layneharvey
jesus christ, man. those variants are beautiful, all of 'em.
By ClaytonRyan
@layneharvey You are a man of good taste, Layne. Which one are you going for?
By layneharvey
@claytonryan - man, that's a hard one...i might go for the candy corn splatter, although the black/orange swirl looks pretty damn good too.
By Hatter313
i hate candy corn, and looking at that would probably make me gag (although objectively its very nice)...haha..Swirl it is for me.
By NMA
If others are lighter than 180 gr, I'll possibly go with the 180 gr orange variant but picture disc set(s) look(s) promising, too.
By layneharvey
@hatter, especially as a 2xLP set. all that candy corn would drive anyone mad.
By ClaytonRyan
@layneharvey I really can't make up my mind... I may be over thinking it too much. I am attracted most to the splatter, but the swirl looks more Halloweeny. And since the movie takes place on Halloween night... And while the picture discs looks great, I hate the way the look on a turntable.
By layneharvey
@clayton - agreed on the picture discs. those look great, but i've never been a huge fan of them in general. i certainly wouldn't want that to be my only copy.
By goodnightcigarettes
A definite skip for me. Music-wise (because we all buy these for the actual music, right?), it's just so standard horror score sounding and pretty damn dull to my ears. I also prefer to make my own spooky noises.
By strictlywayward
Sweetness. I'll be going for the candy corn splatter version. Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday!
By Hatter313
i actually really like the score to this. also...i think its ok to be in it for the whole package as well.
By Alekspectre
Really really great work again from Wax' entity ! Sad, this score is not my cup of blood ;) Have a good hot shopping time on Tuesday, all ! And good luck ! ;)
By tim28212
those of us who can't decide on candy corn or swirl need to buddy up and exchange discs and make sets of one candy corn and one swirl :)
By dumaisaudio
I have never heard of this movie before, which is rare with all these soundtracks being reissued. I certainly haven't seen them all, but I've usually at least heard of it. Listening to these samples, I'll spring for one version, probably the candy corn one just because it looks the most unique. The black/orange swirl is pretty close to what Death Waltz did with their Halloween 2 and 3 releases. Maybe pressing plants are getting better with picture discs, the House Of The Devil subscription copy is a pic disc, and it sounds great to me, no surface noise or weak bass. I wouldn't dismiss it, but it still has a sigma I guess.
By hncreature
Tough decision...I LOVE candy corn - When I saw the black / orange it didn't make me think of my Halloween's...I think it looks a lot different swirl wise...and the matchy matchy with the cover is a plus
By blindguy
Wow, another amazing looking set of variants! I have to say, i'm envious of the people talking about the choice of which one as seeing the sale date and knowing my schedule that day, i'll likely have to "settle" for the plain orange.

I've only been following this forum for a little while, and hate to come across negative in my first post, but am I the only one who finds this hobby more stressful and depressing than buying music should be? Not targeting this release, or any label at all, just speaking in general. It just seems that every release brings with the it the issues of variant availability, cost, or in the worst case, complete unavailability. I could go on, but again, hated to be negative, I just didn't like the fact that as soon as i saw the sale time I went from excited to sad. Funny thing is I got into vinyl for the sound, just recently passing up a pic disc of my current favorite artist because I didn't want to risk inferior sound, but I can't help it, so many of these releases are just so dang purdy!

For what it's worth, I got "stuck" with the crystal lake F13, and it looks (and sounds) great to me!
By texasvinyl
Blindguy, I could be wrong, but I suspect this will not be as high demand of a release as Friday the 13th was. I am not sure of the pressing counts for each, but it also doesn't look like there will be a "super limited" x100 thing like the blood-filled. All of the variants look pretty awesome. If anything I'd guess the picture disc is the lowest press count, and many people will likely pass on them due to the inevitable loss in sound quality inherent to the picture disc format.

The "collecting" part of the hobby can get stressful-- stick to what you really want/will listen to, and have fun getting what cool variants you can. It's all plastic in the end.

Also, most times, this stuff comes down in price once the frenzy settles. For example, some people just HAD to have the Texas Chainsaw Massacre release RIGHT AWAY and were shelling out crazy money for copies-- $150-$200! But now, maybe 1-2 weeks later, there are auctions starting at $79.99 closing with 0 bids, and there's a copy with 20 minutes left under $70 (barely more than the actual cost of this release).
By Whip Wilson
Hook and Pull gang sold yesterday day in the high $50 range. And F13 splatter has sold in the $60(s) recently. It all goes down. This should be more popular than Chopping Mall (though I'm surprised by just how popular this is), but less than F13. Relax and enjoy. If you miss your mark on Tuesday, you'll get it for near cost in February. Cheers!
By hncreature
I'm hearing ya blindguy - I've mentioned in another post that I do like Mondo's random variant thing over the hurry to find out the color you like best isn't available anymore - Granted...it's about just having it on whatever color vinyl but when they put up three variants you have in your head what you like best and what you'd want in your collection - I'm all about my subscriptions and they keep the stress down - One you get what they give and another they give a choice - How about a label offer up multiple colors and do a pre-order thing where you choose the color you want and then they press that many of what is ordered and maybe rounding up for retail outlets - Why not do that with the blood filled records...pre-order it and let everyone get one if they want it...so it takes a month or two or three to get to you but at least you got what you wanted...and at $60 a shot why not?
By Spun out of control
@hncreature

Totally agree with the bespoke order idea for the high-in-demand items like the Blood Splatter of F13 - think this idea in fact was put to Waxwork quite a few times in that thread, but as far as I'm aware there was no response.

This is what Jack White/Third Man Records do with their Vault packages as I understand. If interested, you order by a certain cut-off date (within say a month's notice) and they press however many copies the demand dictates.

The label gets the money they need in advance of actually paying for the pressing, and the customers get the record they wanted. Everyone happy, no?

As for Trick 'r Treat, conversely I can't quite understand why the label has gone so to town on a relatively obscure B-movie with a generic sounding score. They have done a fantastic job on packaging the product though - so guess someone there must really love the movie!
By tonyandrewgiles
I think I'm going to go for the picture discs, I really dig this soundtrack/movie.

My Drive & HOTD PD's sound a lot better than the stuff I used to buy in the 90s, plus they look pretty freakin' cool.
By black7towr
What time on Tuesday does this go live? I can only find the date.