Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By blastman
Maybe Waxwork should start doing variants of their apology updates? With the extra money they'd make, they could pay for the bandwidth/technical help they need.

Oh wait, it would be hard to do variants when you're apologising for the same thing all the time...
By repulsion
Tried to order last night, could not check out either, went to bed, woke up and ordered the black orange one (wanted the corn one).
But come on WW, US customers (and flippers) first?? Well...no good move!!
By blindguy
First off, i don't know if i hallucinated it or what since i can't find the post now, but assuming I did read on here when the TCM leftovers went on sale, thank you to whoever posted it. That's the only thing that made this day bearable.

this was the first time i really wanted a particular variant enough to care. don't get me wrong, i usually would prefer one, but in most cases i know it's unlikely, or a sub is requried, or it's UK only (and i don't want to pay the extra), so needless to say this sucked. wouldn't have minded near as much if htey just sold out and i had to move on, but wasting hours of my life attempting to buy a record is rediculus. I just hope work wasn't tracking my internet use today as unlike some people, i can't just sit and hit refresh all day.

anyway, i finally gave in a few minutes ago and ordered the swirl. I was so frustrated earlier i was going to pas on it, but figured i'd regret that in the end. Plus I felt bad reading people in other countries couldn't even order and I was skipping a variant i liked out of anger. Maybe i'll jut leave it sealed for a bit and hope to get a reasonable pic disc, then pass this on to someone who couln't even get this.

anyway, best of luck to the overseas people, hope there's enough remainign to at least get them to the people who tried all day yesterday.
By manuorru
International shipping option now availaible!
Orange/black swirl and standard orange still availaible!
By Occhionero
[quote=35651]Guys, I’m looking for an Orange/Black Swirl, I’m in Italy, buy or trade,

contact me: maxvelvet(at)alice(dot)it

thank you!
[/quote]

It worked for Germany this morning. T
Even I´d like to have the picture disc....
They still have orange and orange/black variants!
By maxvelvet
I know but of course it's too late... US buddies helped me yesterday so once again it's confirmed that US releases ARE expensive and hard to get in europe while Americans have everything (and cheaper!) through LITA, but I'm not moaning, these are just facts! ;)
By liftman2013
So there's been 2 bad drops now for WW in a row. They are a growing company. They work hard. They produce well done and sought after products. These are all truthful points...

The F13 drop caused a lot of grief - why. Because of a variant everyone wanted and only a few got. But I can accept that one after a lot of crap. Why - they had issues, and they delayed it. Even when the final try went live, I being UK based had to stay up gone midnight for it. Others elsewhere maybe 2am. Its unbalanced, but at least everyone got to try for what they wanted at the same time!..

This one however - I'm so soar grapes over. It went live, they had a major issue with internatu
By liftman2013
sorry international shipping. It was found, reported, and it just went on on sale until most of the variants people wanted had gone.
And we wake up this morning to see that int shipping is now available
That is really unfair.

Ok Ill have to drop my perceptions and accept that ive got a copy of a record I wanted. It is about getting the music. But it is also now about getting the version we want as well, at least for a large portion of us. The record labels have all hyped this up over the last few years because they produce mouth watering variants we all want to own. So its about the whole package now. So they can hardly complain when we get disappointed and bitter that we didn't get the one we wanted...

So end story, whats the way forward?? Well, lump it in this case. It happened, WW have put out an apology, and they will try best that it doesn't happen again. All of us will salivate over the next bunch of cool variants and try our best next time around, so we are stuck in the circle really...
By blastman
I would question why Waxwork are even on STBC, as they don't even engage with people here, certainly not in the manner the likes of DW, OWS and others do. Any posts related to the last two farcical drops were copy'n'paste jobs from Facebook/Twitter. I can see where they're benefitting from the arrangement, where's the benefit for STBC members?
By Peek-a-boo
I've never bought a record because it is a variant.

I didn't even know they held any importance before I came on this forum. I just thought: you either get a limited edition on coloured vinyl (if you're quick), or you get a black vinyl.

All this three/four different pressings, all with different colours of wax and some people will get a variant but others won't....

IT'S REALLY SAD!!!!!

There's no wonder people are profiteering, flipping these records when grown adults are losing their sh*t over what colour of wax they're getting....
By maxvelvet
Uhm, I don't want to enter in a minefield, but I want to say that when was reported that the site was not working for foreign customers, they should have stopped the selling (if the point is to satisfy customers and grow up with the support of people), otherwise, (like it happened) it's just a matter of selling and not caring about "serial-flippers"...

Many people here think that this forum was made to communicate with the label but it's not the point, the point it's that THIS forum help a lot the labels and the good fellows here are supporting not only here but on many other socials so people get angry when this loyalty it isn't reciprocated... ;)
By layneharvey
you guys really need to give waxwork a break. i mean, they have released 7 super quality releases in a year - SEVEN! and it was only with the last one (F13) that the top of the world's head literally blew off. who knew it could have gone down like that. this leads to even more interest in their next release because they are on now on the radar of way more people now - collectors, horror fanatics, flippers, casual soundtrack collectors. so one would think since trick 'r treat is kind of a cult movie that you wouldn't have the same response as F13, but they immediately were being crushed with super high volumes of traffic again.

all of that being said, i trust they will eventually work all of this out. they are learning with each release. AND THEY ARE ONLY THREE PEOPLE. they have been upfront about not being technical people in regards to maintaining servers and web traffic, yet they are taking responsibility for it, apologizing, and trrying to make it better all around. anyone who thinks this would be an easy job, given the high volume they have had to deal with recently, start your own label. it is not as if there is no other way to get these records if you don't get on it right off the rip. after the hype dies down on most of these releases, you will be able to find any of these records - most at reasonable prices. i mean, i get excited about the hype as much as the next guy. i drool over the variants. i go for certain versions. but if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. peek-a-boo hit the nail on the head with this line:

"There’s no wonder people are profiteering, flipping these records when grown adults are losing their sh*t over what colour of wax they’re getting…"
By blastman
What you got had almost nothing to do with how quick you were, though, and everything to do with the fact that you couldn't check out with what you wanted to buy. That's why I and others are "losing their sh*t" over the colour of wax they're getting.
By liftman2013
@layneharvey we aren't completely disagreeing with you. I haven't flat out bashed Waxworks, I'm just saying what happened wasn't fair.
They pulled F13 due to unfair circumstances, why couldn't they do the same here?

Ok, what happened has happened, we all have to move on now, but doesn't mean we aren't allowed to voice a thing or 2, that's what these forums are here for.

Everyone in the US was venting and stressing on here when the cart issue was occurring, but as soon as that was sorted, most were 'can relax now' etc etc. That problem was fixed for you. The Int shipping option never was in time.

By blastman
No, peek-a-boo didn't hit the nail on the head, as I said already, it wasn't the colour of the wax but the fact that I and many others couldn't order anything at all that caused the loss of sh!t (not really). Ask yourself how many other businesses that you deal with would put up with this kind of service from? How many breaks do I need to give Waxwork? I've already given them one over the F13 drop.
By pabloeterovic
Mysteriously, international shipment it's now working.
I consider myself one of the most loyal customers of Waxwork (I have spend hundreds of dollars on shipping rates buying from them instead of amazon), but given the last two sales, I feel really disrespected. In F13 disrespected for the constant delays and lack of communication, and now for being excluded from the most intriguing variants like all the others international buyers. Just wanted to share my thoughts about this situation.
Greetings from Chile
By layneharvey
@liftman - i certainly understand the frustration of our non-US mates. i totally get it. my comments were made mostly around the references to why waxwork is even on the forums, and from there i went on a rant. we all know why they are here. because they release some killer product, stuff that is in line with what the other labels are releasing. and as for the quote from peek-a-boo, the idea of flippers profiting on these releases because so many people are going so crazy over them makes a whole lot of sense. when someone will pay $500 for a record that was just bought for $65. you don't get that kind of markup with anything.
By Peek-a-boo
sorry blastman, I wasn't talking specifically about this release, it was more a generalisation about what happens when these drops go wrong.

By layneharvey
see you guys, things ARE getting better! nice job, @waxworks. :)
By palmat
There is a vinyl god! And her name is Waxworks! Got me a candy corn finally. Thanx WW!
By liftman2013
Yes I will also say a big thanks to waxworks as well.

I said at some point yesterday on here - will remain hopeful. Its just hard if the opportunity gets robbed from you
By chandler75
Wow, caught a break there... Got a pic disc and candy corn! The pic disc is already gone (again) after 5 minutes...
By black7towr
Got my pic disk to go along with the other variants. The pic disk went quick once again.