Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
via Instagram
By Spun out of control
Must say this movie completely passed me by, but looks fun:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUqsXvBAqRY[/video]

Hard to tell much about the soundtrack just from this - sounds kinda generic horror bombast.

The Waxwork cover art looks to have been done by the guy who recently did the Afterlife with Archie comics art, which is good news, as this was the best thing about that series:

By the way, just for the sake of the search engines (and to differentiate from other movies with the same or similar titles) it appears to be called Trick 'r Treat.
By NMA
@spun-out-of-control I have edited the title ;)
By MODAREC
Have to say I thought the film itself was way overrated when it first came out. Might go back and watch it this Halloween, can't remember the soundtrack being anything special either, maybe i missed something the first time? Considering the quality of the other WW scores, I think I must have.
By highbury
I watch this one every Halloween, but for the life of me, I can't recall any of the soundtrack (except for Marilyn Manson's "Sweet Dreams" cover during the werewolf scene). I'm still excited about it, though. It will be interesting to see what vinyl variants are served up. Great cover art, too.
By VinyLOST
The Trick R Treat release is a 2xLP, AND DOES NOT INCLUDE MANSON'S "SWEET DREAMS"

The 2nd LP is horror tunes, like old Disney horror sound effects, when the 1st LP will be the movie score.

Coming in 2015!!!!
By fanboy
I didn't like the movie the first time I watched it. Now it is easily near the top of my favorite horror films. And the soundtrack is amazing! I listen to it quite often. Thank you for finally getting this on vinyl WW!
By reelybored
Coming in 2015? Bummer
By texasvinyl
Talked to Kevin @ mondocon. Think he said it's a Halloween release but maybe I wasn't paying attention. Watching the movie again now! wonder if there will be a reverse locked groove or something.

...okay, I never noticed that after the high school party scene they wheel out the showbiz pizza bear on a stretcher!

By soundtracks of fear
@texasvinyl isn't this a clip from 'Trick or Treat' not 'Trick 'r Treat'?
Hey sorry if I'm wrong dude, but that's the one with Sammi Curr :)
By texasvinyl
Ha! You're right, I guess WW is releasing the new one from a few years ago. Never saw that one. I think my brain just assumed campy 80s rocker horror flick + vinyl theme in the movie = must be Waxwork release! Guess I will have to watch the one from a few years ago next!
By ghostfires
Love this movie! Definitely cannot wait for a full release...and the bonus spooky sounds would be quite a neat addition for those that grew up in the 70s & 80s with those cheesy Disney records.
By strictlywayward
To those in doubt, Trick 'r Treat is a modern Halloween classic, and it's pretty much all we have, so you really should consider loving it. Also, it's fun and enjoyable. Super-stoked about this release, especially the 2nd disc weirdness.

We're getting so close to the 10th release--I'm f**king excited.
By Hatter313
Yeah, to those who haven't seen it, here's my two cents. I remember reading about this movie back when it was a big deal, and then through studio cock up or another,people lost faith in it and it ended up getting a pretty shameful release. I picked it up when it came out on DVD and have watched it EVERY year since then. this may be a bold statement to make, but it is just as important to the holiday as the original Halloween, and i often watch them back to back.

as strictly wayward said, its a modern classic!
By brentonwalter
The only thing I didnt like were the cgi werewolves, i wish horror could get past the whole cg thing. Otherwise trick 'r treat is awesome anthology horror in the same fun vein as creepshow, tales from the crypt, body bags and the like. So definitely watch it, just pop some popcorn and enjoy the ride without the hype.
By palespectre
They had the gatefold on display at MondoCon and I have to say it was very impressive. Nice and heavy. Cannot wait for this to come. I asked them when it's coming out, and the guy at the table told me "halloween". So hopefully pre-orders will happen soon.
By texasvinyl
Agreed pale, the Francesco Francavilla cover looked awesome. can't wait to see what waxwork has planned for this one!
By Hatter313
OH MY GOD

https://twitter.com/waxworkrecords/stat ... 9750178816

This looks awesome. I wonder what the other variants will be, but this one, whoo boy i love it.
By layneharvey
sweet lord, that's pretty.
By Hatter313
Ha, i was just coming here to say i saw your comment on twitter and couldn't agree more.
By reelybored
yea, i drooled a little. still, it's all about the music..... [drool] ;-)
By Spun out of control
Talking of the music, anyone found clips for this - apart from the trailer on youtube?

Never watched the movie so don't have a grasp if it's any good or not. Grabbed Chopping Mall in the last drop, which hasn't really grabbed me as yet, and still waiting on F13...
By layneharvey
@spun - the movie was surprisingly very awesome.