Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By rush4093
The copy of candy corn splatter I got also has all the popping and crackling to the point where it isn't that enjoyable during the softer parts. To make matters worse I had ordered the black/orange swirl (which seems to be ok based on some friends impressions) and not candy corn. I've sent a few emails over the past week (about a separate issue)and also haven't received a response.
By strictlywayward
My candy corn copy is pretty noisy, too. Needle even jumped the matrix on the d-side and played some center label sounds. I figured I would give it a better cleaning before playing again, and sit closer towards the end.
By reelybored
Some popping on mine as well, still need to give it a proper cleaning though. Hope that solves it
By DarksideBerto
I got a Candy Corn and a Swirl copy and have experienced the same popping and surface noise with the Candy Corn. Before AND after a cleaning with a vacuum record washer so it's gotta be something with the pressing, which is unfortunate. The Swirl sounds amazing though!
By reelybored
that's unfortunate. still havent had the pleasure of cleaning mine yet
By tonyandrewgiles
The sound is the same on the picture discs.

I've cleaned them twice & plan to give them another go this weekend but as its a quiet album in places the pops are quite apparent.
By EdKings
My CandyCorn is making his journey to the Netherlands.. to bad everyone has the same problem, hoping a cleaning would take the most noise of the records.
By dractheknife
Can't say I'm glad to see that others are experiencing the same thing on their Lp's but maybe it will force Waxwork to address this issue. I tried wiping it down but it didn't help. I have never had to "thoroughly clean" a brand new Lp before being able to enjoyably listen to it.

I find it pretty irksome that Waxwork has time to post snarky responses about shipping questions on this forum or post on Instagram about how they were mentioned by Forbes and about the Day Of The Dead re-release but haven't addressed this issue with the quality of their product. I also saw that Waxwork offered to replace an orange and black swirl that some posted on Instagram that the customer didn't find sufficiently swirled. Why not replace the lp's that are basically unlistenable?
By hncreature
@texasvinyl

Try this one...

By zuko
@dractheknife
1) have you actually contacted the label or do you just like moaning on the internet?
2) if so, have you considered that maybe it takes a teensy bit longer to fully investigate a pressing problem than to post something on Instagram?
By dractheknife
@zuko

1. Yes, I have contacted them with no response. If you would have taken the time to read my first post you would have already known that.

2. If that's the case then why not fire off an email saying so instead of ignoring it?

I really don't see how I'm "moaning" when I(and others) have a valid complaint about the sound quality of their product. It's not as if I came on here and just blasted Waxwork or am nitpicking about the look of the vinyl or how long shipping took. The record sounds terrible and I didn't just buy it to look at.

By siforster
From what I can gather on this thread:

1. Waxworks are a bit snowed under right now.
2. Some people aren't happy.
3. A smaller subset of item 2 have decided that item 1 isn't a good enough "excuse" and have made their feelings clear.
4. Waxworks have responded in the same manner that they were engaged in.
5. ...
6. Profit!

Companies don't spring from the ground fully-formed, fully-staffed and free of all the inherent problems that pressing records on not a lot of 1980s equipment can bring. If any of the previous sentence doesn't agree with people's vision of a free-market economy, then iTunes is a click away. For everyone else, a spot of courtesy, patience and a manner of query that matches the manner of the response you require will get everything sorted in a much happier atmosphere.

And thanks to the Night Terrors, I'll probably be posting this pic a lot more...

By strictlywayward
This forum is not the problem-solving express lane. WW does not come on here looking for unsatisfied customers to please, so I suggest you get back to waiting on that email. No one here can help.
By rush4093
It's been almost 2 weeks since I've been trying to get in touch with them. It was initially about a separate issue with another order but I'm thinking I should try to get my copy of trick r treat exchanged also. In my case with trick r treat I ordered the black/orange swirl but instead was sent candy corn. I've sent a few emails through their site contact form and even sent one direct to Kevin using the email on the PayPal receipt to no response. I'm definitely getting frustrated since it is more than just 1 issue in my case.
By dractheknife
@strictly wayward

I didn't post on here thinking it was "problem-solving express lane." I wanted to know if others had the same problem as I and if they had been any response from Waxwork anywhere. I then posted my 2 cents on the manner that they run their business from my point of view.

If you don't have a problem with your album or how they run their label that's fine but don't knock me because I do have an issue with them.

I don't see that I'm being unreasonable or that my posts have been extremely negative or highly divisive in the least.
By ghostfires
I have both the candy corn and the picture disc editions, and I have to report that they both sound great. I've experienced no sound quality issues at all on either of my turntables.
By waxworkrecords
We're sorry to hear that some of you guys are experiencing issues with sound quality on the splatter. If you have emailed us, rest assured we will contact you. If your record happens to have audio issues, it's a result from the pressing plant, and please don't hesitate to contact us directly for a replacement. This is something we have noticed with a select few splatters, not all of them. The picture discs, oranges, and swirls should be faulty-free.
By dractheknife
@Waxwork Records

Thank you for addressing the issue. Glad to hear that it will be taken care of.
By philball1974
Good to see another happy customer at the STBC customer service point.
By reelybored
Waxwork is pretty good about addressing concerns, people just need to be patient. I for one am pleased at their service and products. As far as their customer service, i think its great considering how small a "staff" they are. They will only improve with time. On that note, thank you for addressing this.
By tonyandrewgiles
@waxwork are fantastic when it comes to their customer service & like it's been said on here before they are a small team and no doubt have a lot of messages coming through.

I'm sure anyone that has an issue will be taken care of and I'm happy we're all happy :D
By strictlywayward
This may be a stupid question, but, to those that had their splatters replaced (or any orders replaced, I suppose), did you send the faulty copy back? I asked in my email to WW, but that part wasn't addressed in their response. I can imagine why they would and would not want a bunch of bum discs showing up, so I figured I'd see what the experienced masses have done.
By Occhionero
I don´t mind, cause I got the orange black variant for listen and the candy corn to watch :-))
By RunOff
My candy corn sounds OK (my set up is pretty basic), but it did jump the matrix and skate across the label on the sound effects side. Quite a frightening sound!

I have a swirl unopened if anyone wants to swap for another candy corn- in case you get no satisfaction from the label. I don't know how many more spins I'll give this release, so I might be better off with a second copy as wax art. I am in the US.
I got caught up in the hype of this one, so now I am just attempting to make the best of it.