Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Occhionero
if anybody would buy me a picture disc or a corn swirl?! I tried hours and it always says "invalid shipping method".
It really is frustrating!
By maxvelvet
@Clayton, thank you, I'm trying to sort out with Bub, thanks anyway for the help! ;)
By slik
Would have been nice for WW to hold back some records for all those Euro die hards 'til the glitches are sorted....cart emptying as they sell out, no shipping available, guess that's a big thank you for your support overseas? Sad thing is, I love what you do.
By nick1972
Totally gutted to miss out on the ones I wanted(corn and pic discs)

Like you say @Silk - love all their releases and I have been very lucky in the past (got a blood filled F13 coming) but this was a VERY frustrating experience
By Bub
[quote=35708]@Clayton, thank you, I’m trying to sort out with Bub, thanks anyway for the help! [/quote]

I emailed you about 15 minutes ago. It's been purchased so we'll figure it out at some point ;)
By ClaytonRyan
@maxvelvet No worries.

For all the others over in the EU and UK, I ordered an extra copy of the Orange/Black swirl if you'd like it. I can send it to you as soon as I receive it. claytonryanimages (at) gmail (dot) com.
By cag1000
What a cluster F they have become. Maybe hold some for forum members and take a list here before going live with it for flippers. Video game collector sites do that for super limited homebrews. This reminds me of matty collector and the digital river mess they have had for years. Cant wait to buy mine for $100+ on discog or ebay, since i refuse to settle for another straight orange.
By maxvelvet
It's ok guys, I will grab both copies from you Bub+Clayton, no problem THANK YOU, emails sent! ;)

P.S. tnx 4000days! ;)
By Voodoo_Jim
@cag1000 - there are over 400 of the black/orange swirl left in stock as of a bit ago. No point in dropping mad cash.
By Vector
Woah, back from an anatomy exam and see that the thread had blown up to page 19. People really had trouble getting this thing? Wow, that's kinda of unfortunate especially cause of the fact that it seemed like this release wasn't as huge as F13 but I guess I was wrong. I honestly had no interest in getting this so I passed but I'm still scratching my head over the fact that this thing sold so fast like it was the holy grail of soundtracks. I guess the flippers really do feel like getting on everything huh? Hope you folks who lost out can find reasonable prices for this sooner or later. And keep on trucking, Waxworks.
By waxworkrecords
Hey guys, we want to address today's pre-order. We understand that many customers experienced numerous issues including timeouts, issues with the shopping cart, and the inconvenience of waiting for hours to complete their order. We're terribly sorry for this. After the Friday the 13th crash back in August, we decided to reevaluate how we operate our website, and how pre orders are handled. We immediately hopped onto managed hosting and started running the site on numerous massive servers that we anticipated could handle the huge amount of traffic our website gets.
Waxwork is run by three people, and we're not web savvy by any means. While the technical side of the shopping experience is out of our hands, we take full responsibility for anything not working 100% smoothly, and we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure future releases don't suffer the same glitches.
We're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience experienced today while placing an order with us. We genuinely appreciate all of your support as we grow.
By Occhionero
From the WW Facebook side:

Quote:

Hey guys, we want to address today's pre-order. We understand that many customers experienced numerous issues including timeouts, issues with the shopping cart, and the inconvenience of waiting for hours to complete their order. We're terribly sorry for this. After the Friday the 13th crash back in August, we decided to reevaluate how we operate our website, and how pre orders are handled. We immediately hopped onto managed hosting and started running the site on numerous massive servers that we anticipated could handle the huge amount of traffic our website gets.
Waxwork is run by three people, and we're not web savvy by any means. While the technical side of the shopping experience is out of our hands, we take full responsibility for anything not working 100% smoothly, and we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure future releases don't suffer the same glitches.
We're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience experienced today while placing an order with us. We genuinely appreciate all of your support as we grow.
By Occhionero
[quote=35738]...
We’re sincerely sorry for any inconvenience experienced today while placing an order with us. We genuinely appreciate all of your support as we grow.[/quote]

The most here know that it is not your personal fault!

But can the european customers have some hope, that you have leftovers for us?
By toosoonjunior
In WW's defense, this drop was way smoother than the F13 drop. (at least for Americans) So there's that. Really hoping they get the kinks worked out next time around though.
By dumaisaudio
Speaking as someone who didn't get a variant today, I appreciate the update from Waxwork on the situation, but honestly, we heard the same thing after the F13 failed launch. I'm gonna pass on this release, maybe on the next few until something I really need to have comes along.
By blastman
I can't be bothered with this any more, that's 0 for 2 in the two drops I've been here for, and not because I didn't actually get my hands on the items I was after (figuratively speaking). That's p!ss poor
By ambertiger
Still no available shipping methods to the UK. Are we not worthy?
By slik
I love that WW now need all you good people to distro their product. Still no reasons as to why Euro/UK is a no go. Bored trying to get shipping, so I'm sure you'll manage to finish emptying my cart without me. Goodnight WW.
By reelybored
Whoa, just got home from an appt and didn't realize how bad things got. It is unfortunate how something so dear and beloved becomes so frustrating and like someone mention previously, disheartening
By ambertiger
still can't order in the Uk I, only been trying since 5pm uk time. have now given up, will enjoy watching all your USA customers selling them on eBay.
By Spun out of control
So absolutely nobody outside of the US could order these, or did a few lucky ones get through....?

As a UK resident who was in two minds about this one, tried earlier this evening and had both pic disc and candy corn in my cart, then watched as the pic disc became unavailable and then subsequently the candy corn one without being able to complete because of the unavailable shipping issue.

Sure Waxwork were tearing their hair out along with a few guys on here... as I wasn't dead keen anyway I have maintained a fairly sanguine approach - my £70 I would have spent has gone to DW tonight
By ambertiger
Don't think so, I've been tying since 5pm. Had them in the cart eventually then when got to pay no available shipping. I have an account & all the previous releases I have been able to order. I did the same as you as soon as I received the email from DW I went & spent my money there.

By pmaligaya
Customers shouldn't be saying stuff like "I'm lucky to be able to get..." especially when they tried to purchase early enough when all the variants were still there. Granted Waxwork are being run supposedly by three people and may not be technically savvy enough, but that doesn't mean you can use the same reasons for the second time after hyping a release so much. And people should stop forgiving them even if they come out with great products, because they wasted a lot of people's time, and those who were "lucky enough" probably did not get the variant they want (and of course, it's not just about the music for releases like this.) I live in Asia, had to stay up well past midnight, managed to pay for a copy after three hours, but had to have it shipped to the US because of the US-only shipping policy (it seems, nobody still knows for sure). It doesn't have to be this painful for customers. Waxwork, next time, don't anymore do this webstore thing. You can't do it. Have another company like LITA sell everything because...you are "run by three people, (who) are not web savvy by any means." Knowing what you can't do and seeking help for it would be the best thing to do.
By marko
Is anyone here tech savvy? Maybe someone could help them with sorting out the current system. Sad to hear you folks endured another chaotic drop. Been in Oz I was so fed up with the F13 debacle I gave up.