Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By emlschif
Picked up a Deluxe, a Subway Car Silver Swirl, and a complete set of the Pins.

I love the score, and I love the songs, so it was a no-brainer.

Subscriber discount helped!
By Voodoo_Jim
congratulations to all who could even check out! I logged on in advance AND had an early bird notice (subscriber) and it will not let me check out. I get an odd error every time. I doubt the deluxe in my cart is truly there any longer...
By Hatter313
keep trying voodoo, it looks like its all still available!
By Voodoo_Jim
I've tried FOUR different browsers! (Edge, Firefox, IE, and Chrome) - been logged in, logged out, and e-mailed them!

On IE, it says "sold out", the other three say "Error: Cannot leave province blank"

Oh, I'm trying.
By Hatter313
oh i just ignore that error and it goes through. will it let you do that? I'm sure you've already tried, but the same thing has come up for me the last few times and i've just ignored it without a hitch. good luck
By Voodoo_Jim
@hatter - It will not let me proceed from the error. I may be out of luck, but dammit I'm keeping it in the cart as long as I can!
By Voodoo_Jim
ehhhh - I gave up. Through Chrome I was able to check out finally and got the Oxblood for myself and a friend (even though that showed as sold out for a hot minute).

The checkout cart won another one in the battle for limited editions!
By minus_ape
Voodoo_Jim wrote:ehhhh - I gave up. Through Chrome I was able to check out finally and got the Oxblood for myself and a friend (even though that showed as sold out for a hot minute).

The checkout cart won another one in the battle for limited editions!
hey voodoo,
don't know if you tried it that way, but i had the same issue and got it fixed (or better: tricked the error message...) by using the checkout link that appears below the 'add to cart' button when you click it. it worked fine then.
too late now... but may future battles be yours to win.
By MODAREC
See Transmission has the black retail edition in, probably work out cheaper with postage for those of us in Europe. If it had been one of the variants I would have picked it up myself but grabbed the Graffiti version direct from Waxwork. £44 in total...Ouch. Would be great if Waxwork could take inspiration from Mondo and get those postage charges down a bit but I'm not too fussed, this is the release of the year as far as I'm concerned.
By bpwlogan
I picked up a classic black, and a Black Christmas clear varient.

It's finally good to see The Warriors reissue hit the market. The process has been long, but I believe it will be well worth it. Thank you Waxwork!
By Hatter313
I think it's going to be a tie between this and twin peaks for my favorite release of the year. The work that went into this looks like it really paid off!
By Peek-a-boo
Gonna try & pick up an original pressing when I'm in New York in a couple of weeks. I don't think it's that rare or expensive?
By Hatter313
Peek-a-boo wrote:Gonna try & pick up an original pressing when I'm in New York in a couple of weeks. I don't think it's that rare or expensive?
The soundtrack game can be hit or miss in the city, roses second hand on 12th (I think) has a HUGE soundtrack section so you may have some luck there. Shouldn't be expensive but may be difficult to find a shop that has a decent OST section. There's a few others, academy comes to mind as well. Might have better luck in Brooklyn too.
By Bezulsqy
Hatter313 wrote:I'm moderately embarrassed about the money I just spent...

Sub discount helped A LOT though.
I was in the same boat. 34 dollars shipping on top. Please no customs charge! ( I got my first charge on my last Mondo order after they changed their shipping quotes)

Anyways, after reading some of the comments on Waxworks instagram since the announcement and release of the Warriors I have to make my comment :-)

Waxwork created 3 different variants for this release. All were available for a while. A week later only the grafiti variant is sold out. Is $40 a lot for a double LP? I'm not sure. I am fine with it, but more would feel wrong. They do sell a lot of records at that price, so when factoring in what people want to pay for a release like this the price is right on the money.
300 deluxe versions at $125? When I am putting a price at all the different parts of that package it does feel very high. But that said, it is a complete and really beautiful package. It is something for fans first (and yes there are more fans than the 300 packages out there), but isn't this what also makes it so special? Look at all the limited runs out there. How special would that liquid filled Aliens record be if there were 5000 of them?
In the end the music is available for all. And for the first time (that I know of) they did limit the limited version to 1 per household.
I have more of problem when companies charge $10 for a small pin :-) But I did buy the set. Because that set together with the deluxe package really is great collector set. I am going to feel like a little boy again when I receive my next Waxwork box. And how much is that worth?
By Spun out of control
Beautifully put... but then I did baulk at the £110 ($160) it would cost to ship that Warriors Deluxe (record included) to me in the UK.

For that sort of money I'd rather pick up a 1960s/70s OG of a rare giallo score, but that's just me. In the end that's what saved me from pressing the button on the deluxe and going for the still very lovely Graffiti.

Also great to be able to catch the Warriors on TV the other night thanks to @statochess

Funny how these old movies seem to crop up on TV to coincide with their re-issued soundtracks - not the first time it's happened
By Hatter313
@spun,

I've noticed that interest in these films seems to come in waves. Last year for some reason "Pieces" was everywhere from blurry remasters, screenings at no less than three different places i was near, OST release, concert at Mondocon, and even DW absurd having those cuts on it as well.

pop culture synchronicity.
By Bezulsqy
@ spun
If I would be collecting original giallo scores I would agree wholeheartedly:-)
But that would become an even more expensive habit.
I do collect everything waxwork puts out and because of that I only blink once at that price.
Of course I hope they don't release packages like these every month because that I couldn't afford at all. One a year is fine by me...
By blastman
Bezulsqy wrote: I was in the same boat. 34 dollars shipping on top. Please no customs charge! ( I got my first charge on my last Mondo order after they changed their shipping quotes)
That's making me nervous! I saw my last Mondo order, which was the first using the new shipping rates, was using a courier service rather than the regular post. This means almost certainly being nabbed for charges every time.

Previously Mondo marked all packages sent through the post to a low value and I'd never been caught, likewise Waxwork
By Hatter313
Did they do a repress of the deluxe or was this found stock or something? Nice way to raise some money to help the flood victims down there, hope it sells the way the initial one went. if I didn't already have this I'd jump on it for sure.
By Aremagod
Hatter313 wrote:Did they do a repress of the deluxe or was this found stock or something? Nice way to raise some money to help the flood victims down there, hope it sells the way the initial one went. if I didn't already have this I'd jump on it for sure.
I believe they said it was existing stock.