Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MODAREC
Great news this is being released, will it be a double?
By djinnocide
Can't wait for this. I've got a Warriors poster above my desk at work and I've always loved the soundtrack/movie.
By Arkova
"CAN YOU DIG ITTTTT?"
yes, yes we can!
By waxworkrecords
Yes, Warriors will be a double LP.
First LP is the original soundtrack and the second the full film score by Barry DeVorzon which has never been given a vinyl release.
By cookythecook
thats great news about this being the score as well! i'm sure 99% of us here already have the soundtrack, but have really always wanted the score
By renpen21
Any news on when this bad boy will drop ?
By DISCOSUCKS...
I just can't wait for this one, I love De Vorzon and this score and this movie! The blu ray is something else....

However! Quick straw poll - how do people feel about the amended/Director's Cut version with the intro and comic book panel transitions? (I'm not a fan to say the least, personally....I'll go into why if anyone else wants to "come out to Plaaayyyyyaaaayyyyyyy!)

Discuss!!
By oaxaca
I'll bite :p

There was a lot of talk about this over on the cult-labs forum when the blu ray came out. Now this film was new to me and having watched the blu ray a few times I'm a definite fan (although I prefer Bronx Warriors ;))and for me (having not seen any other version) the comic book elements fit in fine. I'm a HUUUUGE fan of Walter Hill - Hard Times, Long Riders and Southern Comfort are three of my fave films ever - and he saw fit to add these comic strip bits into the Directors Cut so I'm cool with them and they don't take anything away from the film for me. They are something he wanted to put in the original but couldn't for one reason or another, from what I gather. But like I say I've not seen the film without them so... I'm not quite getting what the big hoo haa is all about really :p
By tonyandrewgiles
One of the first movies I remember my dad showing me when I was way too young but became an instant favourite.

I had an old VHS copy which I basically ruined from over use so when the DVD came out I was stoked, then I saw the new additions...

I get that originally I think Hill wanted to have something like this but after years of watching it the original way I gotta say I'm really not into it.

Luckily it doesn't interfere too much.
By Whip Wilson
I don't hate them, but neither like nor have I gotten used to them. They modernize the film in a way that, to me, doesn't dovetail with the overall aesthetic the rest of the picture adheres to. I can't imagine what dropping similar effects into 1990 The Bronx Warriors would do to the film, but now I have a pretty good idea.
By repulsion
When I was a minor the parents of my best friend were the first in town who could afford a vhs videocassette recorder. They had the warriors on tape. This movie was such a great experience, and still is my favorite gang-movie. I watch this movie once a year, but I am not a fan of the directors cut, I do prefer the old version.
"The chicks are packed"
By texasvinyl
I am the 1%... Haha
By renpen21
Any update on this ? Release date ? Seems a long time ago since the announcement back in March
By synthxanderharris
YES!!!!! I can't wait to get this one.
By NMA
I am ready! Bring it on!

By DISCOSUCKS...
^^ Fantastic!! ^^

Okay, pop quiz:

Q. What do you guys think of the Director's Cut?
By NMA
Will this be part of the sub?
By hncreature
I'm with you disco...HATE the comic intros to scenes...takes away the flow - I saw this in the theater with my dad in '79 - It was the 70's and in Cleveland there were a few "gangs" with their satin jackets...and after the movie came out everybody wanted one regardless of gang names on it or not

I think they did the additions when they released the video game...done by the people who did GTA...to sell the game

I gave away the Blu-Ray version and got myself the basic DVD just to have the original - I couldn't get past the 2nd time they did it and pulled it out - Time to look for a VHS version - I guess I'm a purist
By DISCOSUCKS...
Dyam -- I've only just come across these thoughts on the DC....cool guys, good to hear the different POVs!

My own humble reaction....ugh!

Pretty much same reason as HNC so won't elaborate too much, save to say the following to back up my basic argument that it was a shoddily done attempt to achieve Hill's original goal:

Right from the opening crawl I was in a bad mood - it has that stuff about the "Battle of Cunaxa - 401 B.C."

Narrator: "Over two millenniums ago, an army of Greek soldiers found themselves isolated in the middle of the Persian Empire."

I hate to sound like a language pedant, but shouldn't that be "millennia" fer chrissakes?? And it's like the first damn new thing in the Director's Cut, and it's a friggin' goof??

Nah. It's baloney. I want the theatrical cut on Blu. Over and out.

As an aside, I was convinced that was John Milius doing the voiceover......turns out it's Walter HIll his bad self!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Speaking with @TAG the other day, and he quite rightly pointed out - no mention of The Warriors on WW release schedule/sub announcement.

What's up wid dat??!

I'm just hoping it's still on the cards, and is outside the sub is all.

Waxworks! Speak to us pleeeaaaase!!!

EDIT:

Spooky timing! Cross post!

THANK YOU KEVIN!!! :)
By waxworkrecords
The Warriors won't be part of the sub. However, the fifth, unannounced, subscription LP is without a doubt a monster release.
By waxworkrecords
Read above, my friend. It's on the way soon.