Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By BigMeanPunk
Finally scored a copy for a decent price and it was SEALED too.... only to discover it has a manufacturer defect.... heartbreaking.... There are some nasty scrapes in track B1. POP POP POP POP all throughout. So sad.

Other than that it was as good as I wanted! I guess the hunt continues but maybe sealed isn't always the way to go..
By Re-animated Cat
Dude, I've had 4 copies of this and they all sounded bad. Maybe it's the marble effect :(
By BigMeanPunk
I can deal with surface noise but when the needle hits those marks it is a pretty loud pop. It is damaged. I am just lamenting that buying a sealed copy of an out of print item isn't always a good thing!
By boothaevens
Ow, I have the same thing. Didn't know I wasn't the only one... I listen to the MP3's now for most of the time. Black would have been a bitter idea...
By chandler75
Yes, unfortunately Re-Animator is quite "poppy" and doesn't sound great. It appears to be a general issue and I've tried a few different copies. It's especially noticeable in the quieter parts.

I've found myself actually spinning the glow-in-the-dark version instead, which doesn't have the "pop" problems, but of course have other problems :)

Fortunately, it's the only Waxwork release that doesn't sound good.
By Alekspectre
My marble copy sounds perfect, no imperfections, it's the Russian roulette from pressing plant.
By milliondollars
That's great! Hopefully this is going to be something like the Death Waltz bare bones pressings. No fancy coloured vinyl, no expensive covers, just something for the music lovers...
By BigMeanPunk
Can't wait for the repress.
By palmat
So has anyone bought the swirl repress? How does it sound compared to the green marbled? My green marbled has some considerable background noise and it drives me nuts. And I see that others have the same issue. Desperate to find a clean copy that plays like it should and I´m hoping that the repress does just that.
By Occhionero
My Repress sounds Crystal clear!
By palmat
Thanks for the info Occhionero. I'll order a new one today.
By deafmetal
Ditto that. I picked up a white/green swirl repress and it sounds golden. No pops or obvious defects.
By diskotron
Glow in the dark up for sale now at doscogs $150 plus shipping ,,