Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By waxworkrecords
Day of the Dead discussion now open.
By c0rpse
Is this now out of print?

Anybody have a copy they're willing to part with? :)
By jgibbs4053
You can get for 40 plus shipping on Discogs
By digitalscreams
An amazing soundtrack...brilliant package. Love the artwork, director and composer notes. Thank you for remastering from the original analog tapes...makes all the difference.

I also bought LaLaLands amazing 2x CD deluxe package...which contains abit more music and additional liner notes.
By ninjaqutie
I hear they are re-releasing this, so I think I will wait for it to come out again. :)
By jgibbs4053
Posted on InstGram today
By Occhionero
Looks great. I missed the first pressing and hope to pick the re-release. Is there a release date?
By philball1974
Yeah they have repressed it. Looks great.
By strictlywayward
They do look really nice. Would love to see the zombie-flesh trio together if anyone aspires to collect them. This WW release is going down in history for sure.
By deafmetal
I will be picking up a repress for sure. Missed both Reanimator and DotD.
By Ignatius
Same here. DotD was one of those soundtracks I always kind of brushed off based on hazy memories of the film but listening to the tracks on the Waxworks soundcloud page last month really got me into it. Looking forward to that re-press going up for sale.
By manuorru
@Waxwork Records Any difference with original edition, apart of vinyl color? Artwork? Inserts?
By NathanLurker
Manu, they wrote on facebook : ''This limited edition double LP is available on zombie grayish-blue and blood red split vinyl, housed in a heavyweight tip-on gatefold jacket, and includes liner notes from director George A. Romero, composer John Harrison, and inserted "THE DEAD WALK!" newspaper article''

so it looks like it's the same. just different colors
By horseloverphat
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRWbg8A3rDg[/video]
"I'm Running This Monkey Farm Now...Frankenstein!"

This should feature somewhere in the soundtrack, imo. :-)

The film is an absolute classic and like many classics, it has that 'very quotable dialogue' thing going on!
By Volzom Zofbie
Nov. 13 I'll be fighting against flippers and completists to get this one. Hating the whole limited/ coloured/ variant-circus.
By Occhionero
They anounced the release for tomorrow?
By Volzom Zofbie
Uh-huh. Thank god the ugly variant looks to being limited to 300 (“zombie skin swirl/blood-red split.”)
The standard is the “zombie skin swirl". Hoping to score one of those.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/11/12/day- ... -revealed/
By texasvinyl
Rumor has it the 2nd pressing will be heavily scented with the odor of rotting zombie flesh.

i am spreading lies
By Volzom Zofbie
Reminds me of the John Waters Polyester scratch card. Or my Madonna LP where you literally put your nose in her crotch.
By Whip Wilson
I have never heard of either of these. They sound cramazing.
By Volzom Zofbie
This is the one, Mate. You stick your nose in her crotch and it smells like perfume.

And this is the scratch card from the John Waters movie Polyester

By down.by.law
Looks like it's selling at the site...
By Volzom Zofbie
Weird! It's just past midnight in Europe and they're releasing it now?

Got the Zombie Gray Swirl ...I hope!
By The Dentist
I have the zombie flesh and blood variant edition, so I may not pick this up, but just a heads up: this score is a must have. I am a huge fan of the DayOTD score and Jay Yuenger did an amazing job at honouring the original while highlighting certain elements to give it a slightly updated feel - to be more precise,:it's bassier in a way that gives it an unrelenting feel. This is a rare instance where I'd say, even if you have the original edition, this update is essential in its own right. Buy it if you don't have it!