Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tonyandrewgiles
@albatard - YES!
By chandler75
albatard: The murky green is the regular edition - wouldn't you rather have the limited sold out variant that you got?
By ninjaqutie
^^^ my question too. Then again Rasmus, to each their own. If he dished out the cash, he is entitled to the one he wants (and paid for). :D
By albatard
@rasmus & ninja : this might sound odd, but i really don't care about how limited is a record...i'm not going to sell them (at least i really hope so) so what matters to me is:
- the sound quality
- if i like to look at the object
I really don't like split variants...i think that the ugliest variant ever...i mean, when i look at it i have the impression that my record is broken in 2 parts.

Like a a lot of people i really wanted the blood filled colour...and was really pissed that after 2 failed attempts this was going on sale in the evening (US time...as i live in Europe that meant during the night).

I was totally drunk in a karaoke bar (singing Europe's Final Countdown) when i noticed that it was on sale 15 min earlier...my drunk consciousness gave me that brillant idea that "murky green" might be cool (i still don't know what "murky" means...) and i was totally pleased a couple of days later when i saw a picture of it as i looked really cool indeed.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not here to throw my rage at Waxwork's face (i think that they got their share recently), i bought all of their releases from Re-Animator to F13 (and DOTD and Rosemary's are amongst my faves)...but the whole F13 experience made me pass on Trick 'r Treat (and i'm glad i did when i see how it went) and i think that i won't be ordering to Waxwork anymore...i mean 50$ is really a lot of cash for a record that is not the one you want!

End of my monologue :-)
By chandler75
I have the murky green, and I can tell you that it's really nothing special. It looks just like a black copy except when you hold it up to the light.

It plays fine, though, but so does the splatter that I got. So hopefully it's the same with your split :)
By albatard
Yeah, all the tsch tsch tsch sounds great!
By DISCOSUCKS...
I agree about splits - and for the same reason you stated. It's a weird look/aesthetic for an lp, just looks wrong to me.

But I'll also add - next to G.I.T.D and pic discs, I notice the most complaints on here about the sound on split discs. Ugh. I'll pass.
By Spun out of control
It's the very fact that the split vinyls look 'wrong' and out-of-kilter (much like some of the movies they soundtrack) that is what appeals to me - so each to their own ;)

That said I do reckon the splatter variant is the most successful of the lot (pending some decent shots of the blood splatter) for this release, aesthetically at least.
By down.by.law
I have to also praise Waxwork for their Customer Service in regards to shipping. I had an address issue, and they went out of their way to rectify the problem. They also kept me updated via email on a regular basis (the day after the Trick r Treat drop). Thanks Waxwork - looking forward to the records!
By EvanCampbell
The Blood Filled vinyl

This is so damn cool!!!! It looks and sounds amazing.

I have to say a big thanks to Waxwork not only for giving us amazing vinyl but how they worked with me with such a speedy delivery. Awesome company!
By The Cult Leader
Wow looks great! Mine should be here soon.
By ninjaqutie
Wish one of those were mine. :)
By reelybored
Why i oughta! :-) looking good!
By EvanCampbell
Cult ...because of how thick it is the jacket is not plastic sealed and the lp just rests in the open part...so be careful when lifting it out of the box so it does not slide out :)
By EvanCampbell
:( hmm I am open to a trade..maybe a new car :)
By texasvinyl
Evan, super jealous! That looks awesome.
By deafmetal
Looks fantastic. I am really excited for those of you that snagged one. I missed it by seconds!
By NMA
Wow, that's really cool ;)
By toosoonjunior
I'd be interested in seeing what this looks like spinning on a turntable!
By jgibbs4053
I'll buy it for 5 bucks
By texasvinyl
You can get one on eBay, it is $555 not $5 though...
By deafmetal
[quote=36593]Aw, we were all expecting a sticker. [/quote]

For those of you who didn't find a Waxwork Records sticker, check your cardboard shipping box really closely. Mine was stuck way down by the bottom, and was not attached to the vinyl shrinkwrap at all.
By The Cult Leader
that's what happened to mine, I almost threw it away.

@Evan did you get tracking for that? I don't remember getting one for the splatter.