Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Whip Wilson
No shit? I've never had a single mark on a LITA order that I can recall and I've had dings on two Waxwork releases. Anyway, my point is more about $9 shipping for two, $12 for three, etc and hoping that this doesn't become the norm.
By djinnocide
Man, I hope these last until I can get some cash together. Been spending a lot of money on records lately and I'm broke. :(
By Whip Wilson
[quote=24474]Man, I hope these last until I can get some cash together. Been spending a lot of money on records lately and I’m broke. [/quote]The pink at least will stick around for a bit, djinnocide, so you should be safe there. I'll have to wait to see them in person, but the iridescence on the pink may be cooler than the yellow/green haze.
By maxvelvet
Is it only me who preferred and ordered the neon pink? Fits perfectly with the whole artwork, can't wait to receive it, I've listened the previews and this score....RULES! ;)
By PaulZaza
just ordered yellow with haze

choose your Color is the best Thing !
no more random shit!

hope dick miller is an extra insert:-)
By djinnocide
Yeah, I hope so. I'm actually more partial to the Pink over the yellow. It's nice to hear the one with the most pressings happens to be the one I find most visually appealing. It's usually the other way around.
By strangedisc
I grabbed a pink too. I think it looks great! I think they're both really neat but I just kinda went with pink.
By VinyLOST
Guys check these links out. One from Michigan, and the other from Orlando,FL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chopping-Mall-S ... 1c42986e05

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chopping-Mall-S ... 33915e5221

Now this is dirty as they come. I wish ebay had a comment section on the item, so you could tell the buyers the item is available for $26 USD W/$6 Shipping. Greedy asses charging 4x the price it's going for right now on Waxworks on label site. Makes me sick to see this stuff. This is what I was talking about helping others for pretty much going rate, but these people charging $100 a pop, greed, it will catch up with them.
By dumaisaudio
Report them, as eBay doesn't allow pre-orders.
By VinyLOST
Nothing can be done, just spoke with eBay. They can gouge, pre order, pretty much do as you please, except swap emails in pm's.
By NMA
Apart from the horrible international shipping rates, Waxwork webshop is top notch!

(Especially the freedom to choose preferred variant (when available))
By brentonwalter
Picked up the neon yellow and green. Having a tough debate about that pink though, really fits the color scheme well.
By Re-animated Cat
@vinylLOST: It's simple. Just click 'report item' on the listing page, then find the option for 'pre-sale' listing and there you go. If the listing breaks the rules, then they'll remove it without any questions.

Note that eBay does allow pre-orders, but they must be released within 30 days of the initial listing. Since this record doesn't have a release date (just 'August') then yeah, they'll remove it.
By pabloeterovic
I ended up paying % 52 for 2 records, and $ 41 in shipment. If the don't change this, this will be the last time i order directly from them.
By stumpybunker
I'm passing on this due to the shipping cost being the same as the record. Shame as it such a good release. Have to make value judgements now whether it's worth spending that ratio of shipping to product.
Having said that, I'll probably buy it on eBay later at nearly the same price.....
By colicub
I caved. I've already spent FAR too much money on records and I only got paid on Friday...and I still haven't bought BTBR yet.

Yellow/green, here I come. International shipping be damned. And I have a horrible feeling that I might even double-dip on Friday the 13th.
By unpopular_poet
I bought both...first time in a while...can't wait for F13...
By MODAREC
As much as I like the yellow, I think the pink matches the overall sleeve design a lot better. I'll hopefully pick it up when it comes over to the UK retailers. Saving my pennies for F13 now.
By hncreature
+1 with MODAREC...got pink myself...love a good matchy matchy vinyl

...and both still available
By ninjaqutie
Yeah, I guess this LP isn't that popular. Hopefully, F13 is that way so we can all get the variant(s) we want. I have a feeling that one will sell out like hotcakes though. Or at least the blood filled one will.

I am regretting my choice of the yellow/green variant I chose. I think it looks really nice, but I really like the pink too. Like you all state, it goes well with the overall theme. Mainly, I like that it goes with the label better. :/ Since I thought the yellow/green would sell out fast, I figured I didn't have the luxury of debating about it and I just went with it. I figured if I debated on it for a bit, and ultimately decided to go with it and found out it was gone I'd be pissed, LOL.

Generally, I don't buy multiple LP's though; not my thing. I did change that for cannibal ferox though (because of the different covers) and if I pick up an old release for a couple bucks and if it comes out on a new release, I might buy, but buying for different variants isn't really my cup of tea. Argh.
By Spun out of control
I tend to take the view that whatever I would have spent on another variant of the same issue could be better spent on a wholly fresh piece of vinyl... that always makes me feel better about not having 'double dipped'... :)

Be interested to know the methods other vinyl junkies apply to 'curb their vinyl enthusiasm' and still have roofs over their heads at the end of the month... seems like there is a new 'must have' soundtrack every other day at the moment - would have thought the endless releases might have slacked off over the summer... :)
By ninjaqutie
[quote=24551]I tend to take the view that whatever I would have spent on another variant of the same issue could be better spent on a wholly fresh piece of vinyl… that always makes me feel better about not having ‘double dipped’][/quote]

That is my thought process. I have been buying like a fiend the past couple weeks: Hardwired, Le Matos, Black Devil Doll From Hell, Chopping Mall, Jurassic Park, Andrew Liles, Emanuelle... that is a lot of new vinyl for me. I may buy a lot of used vinyl in a month, but I typically don't buy that much new vinyl in a month and I still have the other WW one to buy at the end of this month. Oh and that isn't including at the vinyl I bought and got signed at a music festival I went to: 2 cage the elephants, young the giant, phantogram, kodaline and an Amos Lee. Damn, that's 13 new one's this month so far (that I remember). Yikes. That isn't including the one's I will be getting from the DW sub (woohoo!) I hate hiding vinyl from my hubby. I feel guilty as hell.
By jamesschmidtke
I bought the yellow and green, hell I basically stayed up all night for that shit so there was no way I was walking away with pink. That being said I hope f13 blood was this easy. I'm central time so I could have just woken up at 11am! @ninja. I though I was the only one who hid vinyl from their spouse! Luckily I'm getting rid of a few things so I can sneak the new stuff on the shelf!
By Spun out of control
Getting off the 'Chopping Mall' subject here... but I think there has already been a very amusing thread elsewhere on this forum on 'what you tell your spouse' re: vinyl purchases.

Basically my own thinks they are all 'old records', so I keep schtum, dreading the day the game is up... on that day I will insist that they are all valuable 'collectibles', which is kinda true, for now at least...

May well lose an am and a leg at that point though, a la Chopping Mall :)
By Re-animated Cat
This is the thread you're looking for:

[Click]

In there you'll also find an ingenious solution to the age old problem of hiding vinyl from your spouse (courtesy of @Bansel) ;)