Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deathwaltz
Dedicated discussion for Chopping Mall
By liftman2013
I've only seen the film once, but will have to re-watch it in anticipation for this release...

I love the way it became popular just for the title alone after it was re-released as 'chopping mall', after a failed 1st attempt under the title 'killbots'
By chandler75
I'm still looking for a decent dvd, but I love the tagline:

"Where shopping can cost an arm or a leg!" :)
By Whip Wilson
@Rasmus - While not wide screen or in its OAR, I'm not sure there is a release out there that is either, the Lionsgate DVD has decent picture quality.
By thenuthouse
The only easy, cheap way to snag it at the moment is a movie 8-pack that comes with Waxwork, Ghoulies III, CHUD II, and a bunch of others. If you're lucky, you can snag it at your local shop for even lower than Amazon.

CHEAP AWESOME
By Whip Wilson
@thenuthouse - I've actually done a small bit of research into this recently after the announced Chopping Mall blu-ray fell through and the better buy is the single DVD of Chopping Mall I mentioned above and will now link HERE. For starters, the single DVD is about a buck cheaper and the print is significantly better than the 8-pack even though, as I stated above, neither are OAR. Also, there are actually extras on the Lionsgate DVD which are kind of neat, including a documentary on making the killbots. Admittedly, it's pretty tempting to pay $10 and get a bunch of sweet cheese, but you often get what you pay for with these multiple sets. Even when, as is the case here, they are released by the same company. If Chopping Mall is what you're after, then the single disc is the way to go. Cheers.
By 4000days
If anyone who hasn't seen this is debating whether or not to drop the few dollars/pounds/euros on it, I just watched it for the first time last night and it was awesome. Definitely looking forward to this one even more, as the music plays a fairly prominent role. I had average 80's horror/cheese expectations going into this one, and was pleasantly surprised - much better than I expected.
By monsterworship
Probably the same reason why we choose to spend tons a money on vinyl, rather than downloading "free" digital files :)
By ghostfires
Yes, but typically we have sound samples to help us decide whether we want to spend our money on the record or not. With movies, typically, we get nothing more than a hyped up two minute or shorter trailer...which never gives you a solid view of the film. And with all these reissues of films on dvd and blu, they're actually a fairly expensive gamble if you've never seen the movie. Who wants to be stuck with a blu ray reissue for $22 that they don't like, and their only course of action is either keep a movie you don't enjoy or sell it for $10 on ebay and lose half of that to their fees? That's why I always try to search for a full youtube version first. If I like it, I'll buy it at that point.
By chandler75
I don't think I could stand watching a whole movie (or even longer parts of a movie) on YouTube - especially if I knew it was available in better quality elsewhere.

I think I'll rather just wait for a decent copy of Chopping Mall to pop up. The one on amazon.com would cost me $15 shipping and that's a bit more than I'm willing to spend on mediocre quality. I actually do have it on dvd - from a company called Beoynd Terror - but it's beyond watchable (ho ho). Looks like somethink taped off of a TV in the 80s.
By djinnocide
Man, that looks gorgeous.
By Whip Wilson
Anyone heard about a release date for this one yet?
By NMA
Any updates?
By jgibbs4053
On July 29, it’s unveiling its edition of Chuck Cirino’s original score for Chopping Mall. The record includes a 180-gram fluorescent-pink disc. There will also be a limited run of 500 neon yellow variants.

LINK
By jdubtxn
I normally dont like the We Buy Kids Mondo posters but I kinda like this. Going after that neon vinyl.
By rosshelmet
preorders begin july 1st! chopping mall is hilarious!

check out all the posters in the pizza parlor starting at 00:06:56:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wLpF63P7eI[/video]

HAHA! so good. definitely shooting for some NEON! waxwork is definitely on an amazing roll.
By Purplemule74
That whole scene is great - I would totally buy a pizza from that guy, hopefully with a few ashes mixed in with the red sauce!
By DISCOSUCKS...
I had no idea Barbara Crampton was in this!

Straight to the top of the watch list!! ;)
By Whip Wilson
Christ, Disco, it's priceless. I watch it every year.
By ninjaqutie
I would love to get me that neon yellow with green!
By jgibbs4053
has anyone heard when this is supposed to go up for sale?
By layneharvey
[quote=24329]has anyone heard when this is supposed to go up for sale?
[/quote]

yeah, @darrell, chopping mall goes up for sale sometime tomorrow. waxwork mentioned it on their twitter page. and F13 is up on August 5th.
By Bub
I'm surprised pics of the neon vinyl haven't made it out yet.