Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
What a surprise! My copy of chopping mall from Amazon arrived today :)
By Ignatius
Finally got my copy today after it appeared to sit in a processing facility in Miami for two weeks. I held off ordering for a long time because the shipping was so expensive, only to cave when it was announced the pink had sold out. Good thing too, as I'd been eyeing the yellow/green.

It was worth it. God, it was so worth it. Worth the wait, worth the cost, all of that. Been spinning it all day, just switched to something else to give it a rest and I'm already itching to put it back on.
By revolver
Amazon.ca came through for me today, I'm just finishing off side 2. For a casual listen not using headphones I think it sounds great!
My first Pink album too!
:-O
By NMA
There's a typo in the liner notes: "Yahama" instead of "Yamaha" :)
By tonyandrewgiles
@waxwork - Sorry guys only just seen this.

I did drop Suzy a line last week and she said she'd help me out after Mondocon.

Thanks for your help :)
By tonyandrewgiles
Big thanks to Suzy @waxworks who had kindly sent me a replacement copy of CM after my original sounded a little muddy on side 2.

Really easy and pleasant to talk to :)
By voidhead
@tonyandrewgiles: So you had that "pumping" effect only on side 2 of the pink copy? Does the replacement sound better? I have both the pink and yellow/green and they sound like that all the way through on both sides...
By Frizzle-Frizzi
i have both color variants.pink one sound much better for me
By tonyandrewgiles
@void - Hasn't arrived yet but I'll post up when it does :)
By tonyandrewgiles
Big thanks to Suzy @waxwork.

Replacement came and sounds ace!
By cchellis
Love this OST. One of the few releases lately where the music actually stands up nicely to the film, art, extras/liner notes, etc.
By spastic.jerk
So a buddy brought a copy of Chopping Mall around as a gift for me - I own the Waxwork LP but he brought a CDr that was supposedly burnt from a promotional only CD owned by Cirino himself. It features something like 22 tracks from the film and in what sounds like wonderful quality - only problem is is the CDr is burnt from Mp3 sources and he doesn't own the original. I haven't had a chance to compare this CD with the Waxwork LP but I was wondering if there were any plans, or anyone's heard any rumors about the complete recordings being released? Don't care if it's wax or CD or what, I'm just in love with Chopping Mall for whatever reason...
By ninjur
[quote=29132]
Both the pink and the neon yellow sound a little funny to me, it’s like there’s some kind of heavy compression or limiter on. The highs sort of mute everything else, creating this “pumping” effect… I wonder if it’s on the original masters too?
[/quote]
It sound like that on soundcloud so I think its the mastering. Too bad and I hope not more Waxwork releases are mastered this way.