Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:01 pm Waxworks just announced Sleepy Hollow 2LP set. The art is atrocious. I may have to have some one print up one of his covers for me to replace this awful thing

Screenshot 2022-10-12 115950.jpg
was this art left over from a mortal combat release.
By Hatter313
monsterworship wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:46 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:01 pm Waxworks just announced Sleepy Hollow 2LP set. The art is atrocious. I may have to have some one print up one of his covers for me to replace this awful thing

Screenshot 2022-10-12 115950.jpg
was this art left over from a mortal combat release.
in the grand pantheon of headless horseman art, focusing ON the head is truly an inspired choice.....or something.
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:21 pm
This is art.

I gotta say I’m finding it hard not to take this one harder than some others. Never mind the score and the film being personal favorites, this is MY local legend. I could be at the headless horseman bridge in 12 minutes. We have a certain proprietary feeling about this one in the Hudson valley and there’s SO many ways to design this stuff, especially from this particular film version.
By inksb
Honestly would not expect this to be a release from Waxworks but here it is

On sale this Friday
Screenshot 2022-10-19 111307.jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-19 111307.jpg (235.96 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:27 pm Do I say it?

Holy shit that artwork buuuuloooooowssssss
It's not as bad as Sleepy Hollow but it's not great. It feels very much like a westernized version of it. I'll just staple your poster to the cover lol

edit: just saw the gatefold art in the newsletter. That's really bad
By NathanLurker
Looks like art for a coloring book. Not a fan, but I would have bought it regardless, if I didn't already have an OG. Love the film, enjoy the music, but I'm really trying to cut down as much as I can on doubles. With current price tags of new records, I think I'd rather catch up on my wishlist of absolutely necessary items, and put my money on Arrow's Ju-On boxset, and Vinegar Syndrome's 4k Naschy (The Werewolf vs the vampire woman).
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:17 pm Vinegar Syndrome's 4k Naschy (The Werewolf vs the vampire woman).
What the fuck. I was so excited about the TCM2 4K that I didn't even notice they put this up for sale. I know what I'm ordering next paycheck.
By NathanLurker
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:19 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:17 pm Vinegar Syndrome's 4k Naschy (The Werewolf vs the vampire woman).
What the fuck. I was so excited about the TCM2 4K that I didn't even notice they put this up for sale. I know what I'm ordering next paycheck.
Yeah don't miss out on it :)
I try to get all the Naschy. I don't collect a lot outside of asian cinema, but Naschy is one that I collect. Thinking about it, I don't think there's been a lot of soundtracks to Naschy movies released, was there ? Mmm. I could see Finders Keepers doing something like their comp of Jean Rollin music.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:24 pm
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:19 pm
Yeah don't miss out on it :)
I try to get all the Naschy. I don't collect a lot outside of asian cinema, but Naschy is one that I collect. Thinking about it, I don't think there's been a lot of soundtracks to Naschy movies released, was there ? Mmm. I could see Finders Keepers doing something like their comp of Jean Rollin music.
I'm the same, mostly Asian Cinema and Naschy these days. With the occasional 4K upgrade to horror classics, I just ordered The Funhouse 4K for $19 :)

I don't think there's been much if any in the realm of Naschy soundtracks. Maybe we should start our own label to cash in on this obviously very lucrative market
By NathanLurker
Anyone went for Waxwork's "The Sword of Doom" ? I went for it even though I'm not sure I remember much of the music, it's been a while that I've watched the movie, but I love that stuff. I wonder what other gems from the Toho catalog they might unearth. Has Toho made any of the popular period ghost movies like OtamaPond and stuff ?

I also went for The Ring, because it's pretty good and it's a movie that's formative to me getting into japanese horror, and Japanese cinema in general I suppose.
By Bezulsqy
It seems that Waxwork might release the score to Se7en next year...
They said they are doing another subscription for 2023 and added an image from Se7en.
By inksb
Waxwork just announced it's 2023 subscription and with that they announced the long awaited 3LP Library soundtrack to Dawn of the Dead
By inksb
They are also teasing a 6 disc boxset that is "decades in the making" which is odd because they haven't been around for decades lol. Their copy writer has never been good
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:02 pm They are also teasing a 6 disc boxset that is "decades in the making" which is odd because they haven't been around for decades lol. Their copy writer has never been good
if the music was created decades ago you could argue that the making of the box set started decades ago as well :-)
I am curious to see what this is going to be... More Toho stuff? Or Twilight Zone?