Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:30 pm I watched all the films over a few weeks and I noticed the splices on more than just disc 3. I know I read somewhere that TOHO didn't give them the best masters available or something of that sort . The splices are very frequent. Sometimes on every "cut". In some of the films it was incredibly distracting.

Still waiting on your Bride Spiniature to ship ScoJo!
Woop! I'm spinnin', brother, I'm spinnin'!*

* (my 'woke' Chris Rock reference for those who know ;)
By deafmetal
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:30 pm I watched all the films over a few weeks and I noticed the splices on more than just disc 3. I know I read somewhere that TOHO didn't give them the best masters available or something of that sort . The splices are very frequent. Sometimes on every "cut". In some of the films it was incredibly distracting.
That makes sense as King Kong vs. Godzilla would be the first CinemaScope/widescreen film in the catalog and was on a different disc. Thank you for the additional notes. I have not watched all the films in the box set yet. Regarding the "best masters", others have commented that Toho cropped or edited their masters to remove the splices.
By NathanLurker
Oups. I might have fallen down the rabbit hole of collecting spinatures by ordering the 8 figures I hadn't ordered yet, on top of having subscribed for the next one's...

By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:20 am Oups. I might have fallen down the rabbit hole of collecting spinatures by ordering the 8 figures I hadn't ordered yet, on top of having subscribed for the next one's...

Thoughts and prayers.
By Revolver_OcelScott
NathanLurker wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:20 am Oups. I might have fallen down the rabbit hole of collecting spinatures by ordering the 8 figures I hadn't ordered yet, on top of having subscribed for the next one's...

I didn't think I'd want them...but I have pre-ordered 5 myself with the intention of getting a couple more.
By Hatter313
The problem with horror geeks is that we will buy ANYTHING related to an IP we love. I know this is a problem in other fandoms I guess, but like....I’d buy a tea cozy if it said haddonfield on it and I have no need of one.

My two biggest horror loves are Carpenter and Universal so these have kind of been a problem for me. Plus honestly, they are really good sculpts and good size for the price.
By CrossedPete
I agree it’s a slippery slope. Personally I haven’t pulled the trigger on any of them because once I open that door it will be real hard for me to close it. Don’t get me wrong they look amazing and the price point isn’t too bad. The collector in me knows it wouldn’t be a one time buy. That being said I can see my self buying a couple and I’m sure when they start selling out I’ll think to myself I made a terrible mistake.

For myself I’m still really want to order the Godzilla box set. Being a waxwork mark I have all of the releases so far but living in Canada they won’t even ship it to me so my decision I made up for me. I know when they announce it’s sold out I’m going to be crushed. I can buy it and send it to a parcel pickup place across the border but it’s closed and who knows for how long. That being said fuck Covid and I would happily give back all my WW Records if that would bring back the people that were lost.
By NathanLurker
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:23 pm The problem with horror geeks is that we will buy ANYTHING related to an IP we love. I know this is a problem in other fandoms I guess, but like....I’d buy a tea cozy if it said haddonfield on it and I have no need of one.

My two biggest horror loves are Carpenter and Universal so these have kind of been a problem for me. Plus honestly, they are really good sculpts and good size for the price.
Agreed. Also, I just checked an old tweet from their Spinatures page on twitter announcing their first Spinature, the F13 part 5 miniature, and for real I wouldn't have started collecting them if they were just like that. The proper ones they started releasing with Frankenstein's monster are very well sculpted, they're so nice compared to this first try. They started numbering at the Frankenstein monster release too, so I don't feel bad missing that F13 one.

@CrossedPete : I'm in Canada too and had to ask a friend in the US if I could ship to her. When she receives it we'll figure out how she can send it to me, probably gonna be a 50$ to have it shipped to Canada I suppose.
By inksb
If any folks in Canada need to ship Godzilla box to me and have it sent your way, I promise you I will open and inspect every LP prior to shipping to make sure it's in good condition ;)
By CrossedPete
NathanLurker wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:45 pm
@CrossedPete : I'm in Canada too and had to ask a friend in the US if I could ship to her. When she receives it we'll figure out how she can send it to me, probably gonna be a 50$ to have it shipped to Canada I suppose.
I feel like this is probably the move
inksb wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm If any folks in Canada need to ship Godzilla box to me and have it sent your way, I promise you I will open and inspect every LP prior to shipping to make sure it's in good condition ;)
🤔

I just want to say a quick Thank you to everyone who have offered up suggestions weather it was posted here or sent me a private message. It feels great to be part of such an enabling...I mean amazing community 👊
By lazyben
I did subscribe this year after skipping a couple and they've changed their mind and the 10% discount does now apply to boxsets this year (no idea why it didn't as it's all records and the boxsets aren't really any cheaper per disc).

Still won't be buying the godzilla box though.

They also shipped something today but I doubt it's a record so it's probably some waxwork tofu or something.
By Mateo Sanboval
It's a Waxwork exclusive subscription-only darning egg and a resealable bag of Kevin's extremely worn socks for mending.*

*return shipping paid by subber
By reddye6
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 pm It's a Waxwork exclusive subscription-only darning egg and a resealable bag of Kevin's extremely worn socks for mending.*

Do I need to use the darning egg for darning?
By Mateo Sanboval
reddye6 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 pm It's a Waxwork exclusive subscription-only darning egg and a resealable bag of Kevin's extremely worn socks for mending.*

It's Keven's preference that you do.
By reddye6
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:01 pm
reddye6 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 pm

It's Keven's preference that you do.
Oh darn.
By deafmetal
Waxwork seems to confirm the Godzilla OST releases will be box set only:

As others have mentioned, I would have preferred to pick up the ones I was missing individually. I think I will have 3 or 4 copies of the first Gojira OST after receiving this one.
By Bub
My WW 2021 sub calendar arrived today & there's an unannounced title shown.
20210129_175300.jpg
20210129_175300.jpg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 2447 times
By ScoJo
Bub wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:09 pm My WW 2021 sub calendar arrived today & there's an unannounced title shown.

20210129_175300.jpg
Freakin A! This AND Alice Sweet Alice?! Woof.
By Bub
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 pm
Bub wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:09 pm My WW 2021 sub calendar arrived today & there's an unannounced title shown.

20210129_175300.jpg
Yeah that came out of nowhere. Alice Sweet Alice art looks great also.
By Hatter313
THIS is more like it, I was starting to think we’d long since past the out there weirdo deep cut scores for the most part, but the sub this year and these other titles feel like the heady days of like 2014ish
By ScoJo
Bub wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:28 pm
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 pm

20210129_175300.jpg
Yeah that came out of nowhere. Alice Sweet Alice art looks great also.
Love to see that if you could share Bubster? :)