Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Bezulsqy wrote:And what are we thinking about the two new OWS Popol Vuh releases?
The descriptions in the newsletters do sound very interesting in a good way.
I think they sound fascinating. I really liked Cobra Verde and am looking forward to these a bit. Also hoping these will receive some single color wax variants. They probably won't be black, but something aside from the swirls and twirls exclusive to the Mondo shop.
By NMA
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote:And what are we thinking about the two new OWS Popol Vuh releases?
The descriptions in the newsletters do sound very interesting in a good way.
I think they sound fascinating. I really liked Cobra Verde and am looking forward to these a bit. Also hoping these will receive some single color wax variants. They probably won't be black, but something aside from the swirls and twirls exclusive to the Mondo shop.
I guess it will be either black or the swirl version :/
PRE-ORDERS WILL START ON WEDNESDAY (random time) THROUGH THE FOLLOWING RETAILERS >

Color Variant & Black Vinyl http://www.lightintheattic.net (North America)

Color Variant http://www.mondotees.com (North America)

Color Variant http://www.transmissionrecords.co.uk (Europe)

Black vinyl version will be available in record stores & with online retailers worldwide on 6/27.
By Bezulsqy
As you all already read in the Mondo Music weekly there is going to be a new OWS release:
Der Todesking - Original Soundtrack. Released on One Way Static Records. Black Smoke vinyl ltd to 300 copies worldwide. $25

One Way Static Records presents: Jörg Buttgereit's DER TODESKING (Original 1989 Expanded Motion Picture Soundtrack by Daktari Lorenz, Hermann Kopp and John Boy Walton.

The Lo-Fi synthesizer music in the movie is dark and quirky and contributes an essential part of the movie's atmosphere; it's something you would very, very rarely hear otherwise. The main theme of the movie, "Die Fahrt ins Reich der Menschentrümmer part I-III" is a classical masterpiece. The score for DER TODESKING displays the dynamic ability and range of the composers. It strikes a perfect balance of beauty, horror, joy and dissonance. The score is both minimalistic and hauntingly atmospheric at the core, and yet remarkably complex at the same time. A wide variety of instruments and sound effects are utilized throughout its making.

One Way Static now proudly presents for the first time on vinyl as an expanded release, the complete soundtrack to DER TODESKING. This limited vinyl release contains the original soundtrack (released back in 1990 as a limited 7” EP) and unreleased material sourced from recently discovered tapes.

Love the cover and going on the description this is something I will definetely like.

Also for the people that don't have a copy of Nekromantik: get this re-release. It's an excellent release!
By ScoJo
I have seen Der Todesking exactly once, and shall never watch again. It's a great, great film but....no, never again.

I believe my reaction way back when in the early 90s was exactly this:

"Fuck me - this Buttgereit guy must see himself on the slab every day!!?"
By Bezulsqy
I need to do some research on that one then... you made me very curious, ScoJo

user on imdb:
"Der Todesking"-Jorg Buttgereit's second full-length feature film(the first one was notorious "Nekromantik")has no central character or characters,but instead thematic continuity in the act of suicide.Divided into days of the week,it comprises of a series of set-pieces,each of which featuring the self-destruction of a complete stranger.Yes,the production values are low and it's disturbing,but in many ways "Der Todesking" is extremely effective.It makes you think which is sometimes more important than pure entertainment.Unlike the other Buttgereit's works it isn't very gory,but there are some unpleasant images like castration scene in the Tuesday episode,a decomposing corpse and various acts of suicide.The last(Sunday)episode is so depressing and full of pain!-just amazing if you want my opinion.10 out of 10-check out this post-modernism shocker!Disturbing art in the purest form!