Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By seb
Dark Star (Original Motion 1974 Motion Picture Soundtrack) LP + 7" EP
On WRWTFWW RECORDS

Dark Star 
(Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Extended & Remastered). 
Music composed by John Carpenter

WRWTFWW Records is ecstatic to bring back the original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter’s Dark Star (1974) with added bonuses that are sure to satisfy all cult sci-fi soundtrack completists of the galaxy (and further).

This limited edition double vinyl combo comes with a 12" and a 7". The former is a remastered version of the original motion picture soundtrack consisting of incidental music, sound effects, John Carpenter’s synth experimentations, dialogue excerpts, and vintage interferences extracted directly from the film roll.

The 7" is red with a yellow label circled in black (in pure beachball alien fashion) and contains “Ode to a Bell Jar” remade by loyal Carpenter collaborator Alan Howarth (Escape from New York, Christine, Big Trouble in Little China, They Live…), the fan favorite “Benson Arizona” remade by Dominik Hauser, the very sought-after “When Twilight Falls on NGC 891” by Martin Segundo & the Scintilla Strings (in the real world *James Clarke’s Spring Bossa), as well as endless loops of sound effects from the movie to turn your house into your very own scout ship. Oh and there is a very secret hidden bonus track too!

It all comes in slick thermostellar triggering packaging with a brand new artwork and invisible hyperdrive electronics - the best way to relive the Dark Star adventure and celebrate John Carpenter’s first directorial feature film released in 1974 and co-written by (and starring!) all around legend Dan O’Bannon (Alien, Lifeforce, The Return of the Living Dead). Let there be light!

- The most comprehensive vinyl edition of the original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter’s first feature film, Dark Star (1974). - For the fans of John Carpenter, sci-fi movie soundtracks, electronic experimentations, and strange vinyl releases. Also, for surfers. - Includes the sought-after “When Twilight Falls on NGC 891” by Martin Segundo & the Scintilla Strings, for the first time ever on a John Carpenter-related release. - Limited edition vinyl + 7" EP - 500 copies only.

Available from>
http://www.onewaystatic.com
Attachments
0006536649_10.jpg
0006536649_10.jpg (261.94 KiB) Viewed 7844 times
By chiefbrody
Any word on the 2016 sub? The 2015 one went up around this time last year, though I think the 2014 sub was almost complete by then. Joining for 2015 was my best record-buying decision all year.
By Bezulsqy
I read somewhere that they don't have a date yet. I can imagine they will wait untill the last part of te last sub is announced. OWS had some bad luck with the Last House on the Left rights issue and I think some record plant backup stuff.
My guess is not before March 2016...
Bezulsqy wrote:OWS had some bad luck with the Last House on the Left rights issue
I hope it's not gauche to ask, but what happened there?
By reddye6
Last House on the Left or People Under the Stairs? OWS did/does have some issues with PUtS. I asked about the release on another thread, and Seb responded: "We're still in talks about this one. Everything was ready to go … and then Universal Music manifested itself as partial right holder :( So we're negotiating with them for months now, but majors are not in a hurry about getting such a 'small' release cleared. We're working hard on getting it but can't promise it will be for this current club edition. Sucks but that's how the cookie crumbles."
reddye6 wrote:Last House on the Left or People Under the Stairs? OWS did/does have some issues with PUtS. I asked about the release on another thread, and Seb responded: "We're still in talks about this one. Everything was ready to go … and then Universal Music manifested itself as partial right holder :( So we're negotiating with them for months now, but majors are not in a hurry about getting such a 'small' release cleared. We're working hard on getting it but can't promise it will be for this current club edition. Sucks but that's how the cookie crumbles."
Thanks, Red. That makes sense.
By seb
Yep.

Candyman II will roll of the plant end of this month. In March Papaya will be ready and then we have one more 'to be announced' release that will conclude this sub.

We're not starting the new sub before these are all completed or in process because that would not be fair.

Things move slow these days mainly due to the pressing plant times exceeding 3 months (but everyone is aware of this by now)

Thank you all for your support though, you guys are the reason we get through all these frustrations ;-)
By Bezulsqy
Seb, thanks for the update.
As a Belgian I am proud of your label, even if I didn't have anything to do with it :-) Great stuff comes from that small and crazy country.

Can you tell something more about S7S Records? Some hints for new stuff? I love 7" records!
By seb
Bunch of great new releases up on www.onewaystatic.com

AXIOM VERGE LP
DEMONS LP/PICTURE DISC
GOBLIN MURDER COLLECTION PICTURE DISC
GOBLIN DEEP RED 40th ANNIVERSARY LP (RED VINYL LP)
STREETS OF RAGE (RED VINYL LP)
SUPER HANG ON LP
THE HOLY MOUNTAIN (BLUE VINYL DLP)

Go get em!
By seb
SPOOKIES 1986 OST on color vinyl and cassette now available from http://www.onewaystatic.com , Light In the Attic & Terror Vision

Looks mighty fine.
Attachments
large_550_tmp_2F1454108099400-f2ya446u7op3nmi-fde9c7376e7cac7063a0ab8866337ae7_2F643157437758.jpg
large_550_tmp_2F1454108099400-f2ya446u7op3nmi-fde9c7376e7cac7063a0ab8866337ae7_2F643157437758.jpg (136.84 KiB) Viewed 7350 times
DSC07442.JPG
DSC07442.JPG (53.54 KiB) Viewed 7350 times
By seb
Starting NOW we're doing our annual Record Store Day Sale, so go and have a look on http://www.onewaystatic.com

Our RSD sale is filled with crazy discounts, warehouse finds, last copies, bundles etc. This sale is now live and will end on Monday. Go nuts!
Attachments
RSD.png
RSD.png (666.32 KiB) Viewed 6740 times
By seb
Manhattan Baby (Original 1982 Motion Picture Soundtrack) Vinyl LP

On Subsound Records Italy.

For the first time on vinyl the complete Lucio Fulci's "Manhattan Baby" original soundtrack, composed in 1982 by Fabio Frizzi.

Available as a limited 180gr vinyl LP, comes in a deluxe cover with printed inner sleeve including original artworks.

Now available from http://www.onewaystatic.com
Attachments
a1176422782_10.jpg
a1176422782_10.jpg (364.34 KiB) Viewed 6552 times
Hi, Just wondering if One Way Static would be interested in releasing any more new artists i.e.: s7s series. There are a lot of great artists out there trying to do things on there own but would thrive with label support. Take Pentagram Home Video's latest success with Death Waltz Originals as a recent example. Cheers.
By seb
Some good newbies up on http://www.onewaystatic.com

FRANKENHOOKER/BASKET CASE 2 LP (both variants available)
MANOS/MARTIN LP's (North American Color Vinyl Variants)
LIALEH (1974 OST) LP

Go get em before they're gone!
Attachments
Lialeh.jpg
Lialeh.jpg (116.94 KiB) Viewed 6084 times
frankenhooker_cover_v5-2.jpg
frankenhooker_cover_v5-2.jpg (509.28 KiB) Viewed 6084 times
basketcase_cover_v2.jpg
basketcase_cover_v2.jpg (607.16 KiB) Viewed 6084 times