Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
@toosoon - Looks both ridiculous and awesome at the same time. I have a love/hate relationship with 7" vinyl.
By seb
Slime City (Original 1988 Motion Picture Soundtrack) LP

Strange Disc Records is proud to announce their second release, the soundtrack to *Slime City*. The film itself was released in 1988 but the soundtrack has never seen the light of day until now.

Slime City is the debut film by cult horror director and author Gregory Lamberson. The story follows Alex, who after moving into his new apartment is seduced by his neighbor and soon turns into a melting ghoul who is forced to kill innocent victims in order to maintain a normal human physique.

Slime City debuted in 1988 and spent months in the NY midnight movie circuit, at the tail end of the grindhouse era. Lamberson creatively made a great film with intense special effects with very limited money and a small crew of dedicated movie fans.

A huge part of what makes Slime City so fantastic is it's wildly creative score, which was composed by the now PHD, and current Music Director of the Beloit Janesville Symphony, Robert Tomaro. Rob's score is unlike any horror soundtrack past or present. In Robert's own words, the music is "perhaps what you might get if you locked Igor Stravinsky, Johnny Rotten and Bernard Hermann in a hotel room and didn't let them out until they wrote something together."

The score is most certainly slimy as the film's title would leave you hoping for. Very much classically written, but with a serious mix of punk guitar work and weirdo avant-garde synth. A truly unique composition.

Strange Disc Records presents the Slime City Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for the first time ever on vinyl. This limited run will offer a "Slime Splat" color vinyl variant (opaque slime green over clear vinyl) which is strictly limited to 200 copies. All other copies for this run will be on black vinyl (800 copies).

Slime City will be housed in deluxe heavy weight Stoughton tip-on sleeves with extensive liner notes by both Robert Tomaro and Gregory Lamberson included.

Available from:
www.onewaystatic.com
www.lightintheattic.net (North America)
www.strangedisc.com (North America)

SURF NAZIS MUST DIE LIMITED COLOR VINYL REPRESS ALSO AVAILABLE FROM ALL OF THE ABOVE

By cambionic
I think I may have snatched up the very last slime variant on Strange Disc!
By Little Walter
It seems that way . . it's out on Strangedisc and LITA. Glad I pulled the trigger yesterday.
By seb
Slime city color vinyl sold out from the 3 of us. 200 copies sold out in a matter of hours. Black vinyl going fast too... You snooze, you...
Same goes for the Surf Nazis re-press.

Cheers guys
By abedunk

Just back from vacation on the island of Maui, flying the OWS team colors in paradise!!
By seb
Nice!!! Next time take me with you :-)
By Vapormeyer
Am I right in thinking there's a re-release of La Planete Sauvage on the way in the near future?
By texasvinyl
There was just a reissue in late 2014 from Superior Viaduct. Id assume the blue vinyl is long gone, but there are probably still black copies out there.

Terrific reissue, sounds markedly better than the 2006 reissue on the Pathe label
By Vapormeyer
Oh I own the blue one but There was a retweet from one way static that seemed to suggest something La Planete Sauvage related. Not sure what though.
By lazyben
Um, that's a box. If you look at what unbox industries do that will probably answer your question as to what the box will be for...
By monsterworship
That is a fantastic planet toy by Unbox. And that is the box art.
By Vapormeyer
I'm getting a bit backward in my old age. Sorry for being stupid.
By seb
30 Days Of Night (Original 2007 Motion Picture Soundtrack) DLP

Official Record Store Day 2015 release - First ever vinyl reissue - 2xLP 180 gram BLOOD RED vinyl LP - Housed in deluxe gatefold sleeve – with brand new artwork designed by Marc Bessant, created using director David Slade’s photography - Limited edition 1000 copies worldwide / comes with download card.

Now in stock, ready to ship on www.onewaystatic.com
LIMITED LEFT OVER QUANTITIES!

By Bezulsqy
Hello Seb,
I love the extra's you guys soometimes make in the form of the flexi's or the CD record with Boogeyman. I would love to see you create some 3" records that I can play on my Bandai 8-Ban player. Most people know this player because Jack White made a set of 3" records and sold them together with a player. Last year I bought a player through e-Bay and would love to see it play some theme songs from your upcoming releases or some other tracks like the ones people recommend in the OWS Future Request thread.
Just like a flexi or the CD record it could be a nice collectible for a lot of people and I would be even more happy because I would have some more mini-records to spin :-)

Think about it :-D

For the people who don't know what I'm referring to:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYN-JqFt4ok[/video]
By seb

Pieces (Original 1982 Motion Picture Soundtrack) LP
now available on www.onewaystatic.com

"You don't have to go to Texas for a chainsaw massacre!"

WRWTFWW RECORDS is fuming with excitement as it announces the release of the soundtrack for cult slasher movie Pieces (1982), available for the first time ever on vinyl!

A plot filled with so many holes it's impossible to follow, chainsaws cutting heads left and right, downright terrible acting, hilariously absurd scenes, and a brilliant soundtrack…Pieces is exactly what you think it is: one of the best movies ever made! Praised by the likes of Eli Roth (Hostel, Inglorious Basterds, Grindhouse...), this rare slasher has become a fan-favorite over the years and can be seen in horror movie festivals around the globe.

Its original score is surprisingly elegant, full of eerie jazz, menacing synths, and soulful escapades - a well balanced mix finding its influences in Giallo and Blaxploitation soundtracks of the 70s and classic horror movie music of the 80s.

This limited edition vinyl includes numerous songs by Italian composer Stelvio Cipriani, the man behind the superb soundtrack of Poliziottesco movie La Polizia Sta A Guardare (1973) whose main theme was reborn in 2007 on Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof, multiple scores for Spaghetti Western movies starring Tony Anthony, as well as a Nastro d’Argento award for best score for The Anonymous Venetian (1970).

Also found on Pieces are compositions by Carlo Maria Cordo who scored Joe D’Amato’s gorefest Absurd (1981) that some might know as Anthropophagus 2, Monster Hunter, Horrible or The Grim Reaper 2 - a movie so shockingly violent it became one of the Video Nasties of the UK and was successfully prosecuted under the Obscene Publications Acts in 1984.

Lucio Fulci’s frequent collaborator Fabio Frizzi (responsible for the music of classic horror movies Zombie aka Zombi 2, L’Aldilà aka The Beyond, City of the Living Dead aka The Gates of Hell and the list goes on) also makes a special appearance with the sexy « Cocktail Molotov ».

Original soundtrack of the 1982 cult classic horror movie Pieces available for the first time ever - Bonus: included on the soundtrack is an audio recording of Pieces’ original movie trailer! - Limited edition vinyl - 450 copies only.

in stock at www.onewaystatic.com
By Keyser
Looking forward to receiving the Pieces OST. Watched the film last night... insanity!
By Purplemule74
Hey -

Did VCR Records that put out Deadgirl close up shop? I went to check out their site to see if they had posted any news about an upcoming release and their site isn't coming up.

I didn't receive any notice from them via e-mail stating they were gone...
By seb
They are now called 'Hell and Co'
I think they are working on a new website

By Purplemule74
@OWS:

Thanks! Good to know, I enjoyed the Deadgirl soundtrack and knew you carried it so I'm glad you had the inside scoop.
By seb
Manos - The Hands of Fate (Original 1966 Motion Picture Soundtrack) LP

The Ship to Shore Phonograph Company is proud to announce the release of the 'MANOS' Original Soundtrack and finally give this classic unreleased soundtrack a proper release!

Welcome to the original soundtrack to Hal P. Warren's Manos: The Hands of Fate.

While the film is often lambasted for being one of the worst of all time, the music by Robert Smith Jr. and Russ Huddleston is a decidedly offbeat and strangely compelling affair. Utilizing sparse, jazzy arrangements to act as counterpoint to the nearly incomprehensible happenings on screen, the music contributes heavily to the films surrealistic and nightmarish tone.

Remastered from a recently discovered 35mm magnetic soundtrack, this album combines the music and dialog to the film to create the feeling on "a truly demented stream-of-conciousness radio play." (Scott Johannsson, The Damn Fine Podcast).

In early 2015, the original 35mm soundtrack negative to MANOS: The Hands of Fate was discovered, giving fans a better look into the bizarre world of the film. After a restoration by Steve Addabbo at Shelter Island Sound in New York City, sonic imperfections still apply, but definite audio improvements have been made, including a drastic decrease in hiss and distortion. Ship to Shore PhonoCo. believes that this is the definitive audio edition of MANOS: The Hands of Fate.

Featuring liner notes from Videoscope columnist Tim Ferrante and artwork from Garrett T. McDonald, this is a score that fans will not want to miss!

We have the Brown "Torgo" Vinyl available limited to 600 copies (This edition/variant has been exclusively made for One Way Static & Light In The Attic Records and is only available through our online stores).

Available from:

www.onewaystatic.com (Europe)
http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com (North America)

By seb
Cadabra Records | Spoken Arts Exhumed, proudly presents: Lee Brown Coye, Where Is Abby? & Other Tales.

Lee Brown Coye (1907-1981) is best known as one of the most original and influential artists to capture the feel of nightmare and unease in the field of illustrative literature. A godfather of the macabre. From the original “Weird Tales” pulp magazine to the finest of “Arkham House Publishing” Lee’s art as proven to live on.

For the first time collected anywhere, are the finest of Lee Brown Coye’s “Chips and Shavings” stories, rarely known until now. Written between 1964 and 1970, these stories originally appeared in the “Mid-York Weekly” newspaper, most of which have not been reprinted since. Brought to life through the readings of son, Robert Coye, you will hear haunting stories the fantastic and the absurd, of folklore and of legend, nightmares and death. The uniqueness and strength of Lee’s art is shown here by the spoken word. Find out why names like Mike Mignola, Guillermo Del Toro, and Stephen King found Lee Brown Coye inspiring.

First pressing of 500, 180 gram vinyl in a 350 gsm gatefold jacket printed on reverse board with 4 panel insert and liner notes.

Available from

www.cadabrarecords.com (North America)

By seb
Canis (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) 10" On Blackest Rainbow Records now available!

The premise of Canis is two men are trapped in a house which is constantly under siege from a pack or wild dogs. This 15 minute black and white trip into world of handcrafted characters is an intense experience. The story is dark with no dialog, only the soundtrack (sounds of dogs and humans), and the score are heard.

The score performed by Aleix Pitarch, is 15 minutes of heavy distorted layered drones, monolitchic static blasts and dark ambient industrial. The music stands alone beautifully if you have an interest in the darker end of music (and film music).

Pressed on 10" grey and white swirl vinyl in an edition of 250 copies with hand numbered insert of liner notes by Robert Nevitt of Celluloid Screams film festival.

now available from www.onewaystatic.com

By seb
I Sell The Dead (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) LP

Deep Focus Records USA proudly present to you their second release!

Jeff Grace's string­laden orchestral score to I Sell The Dead perfectly complements the film's horror­comedy tonal duality. The music goes from a playful arrangement to terrifying string dissonance in a matter of seconds.

I Sell The Dead stars Dominic Monaghan (The Hobbit, Lost), Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Sons Of Anarchy), Larry Fessenden (You're Next, We Are Still Here) and Angus Scrimm (Phantasm). I Sell The Dead marked the sixth collaboration between Jeff Grace and Glass Eye Pix.

Grace is best known for his musical contributions to the directorial works of Ti West, including House Of The Devil, The Innkeepers, The Roost, and the forthcoming In a Valley of Violence, starring Ethan Hawke and John Travolta.

* Available for the first time on vinyl
* LP comes in a deluxe gatefold sleeve
* Exclusive vinyl ­only artwork from Gary Pullin
* Limited to 500 copies of red/purple swirl vinyl
* Exclusive liner notes from the great Angus Scrimm!

Available from

www.deepfocusrecords.com (North America)