Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By seb
Everything you always wanted to know about One Way Static Records but were too afraid to ask...
Shoot!
By slybonethetownie
Great to hear! You are doing the world a great service with this release! Also looking forward to seeing the details for The Hills Have Eyes and future releases!

BTW, I've been wanting to plant this seed for a while. Another release that the world desperately needs (or at least I need) is the soundtrack for "The House on the Edge of the Park" also starring David Hess with a fabulous score by Riz Ortolani. As far as I know this soundtrack has never been released, although 1 track from it did appear on a Riz Ortolani compilation album. The entire score is truly wonderful and I think it would do well for you also.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, and thanks for listening!
By StrangeVices
Ya know, I am definitely going to second this and I think it's a fantastic idea! House on the Edge of the Park is a fav of mine and such a mean film. I think Hess is unreal in it too. Come on, Seb!! You know you want to..haha.
By seb
Horror News Network did this cool feature on One Way Static, Death Waltz and Waxwork.

Read all about it HERE !
By slybonethetownie
That was a great read! Looking forward to a bright future for all 3 of the featured labels!
By seb
Working hard on our next two releases … we'll be heading to the jungle and taking a trip to to a really old opera place. More info when available ;-)
By thenuthouse
Please please please Cannibal Holocaust for the former and Demons for the latter.
By dumaisaudio
Argento's Opera would be cool, if it's that.
By chandler75
I must say that OWS offers probably the best customer service for a label that I have ever experienced. I have been in touch with Seb a few times and have also contacted Sara regarding some questions about the sub, and they are always extremely nice and accommodating :)
By seb
Thanks Rasmus, much appreciated!
By crazybeats
It's always about the music. I'm happy that vinyl sales are at such a high just now but I do have a lot of bitterness about it because it's being exploited by many people and companies and the prices have shot up to reflect that. I think 2008 really was the last year I could walk into a high street record store and buy 7" singles at £1.99 and £2.99. 12" singles at £3.99 and £6.99. Albums around the £15 mark. It boggles my mind. Where is the selection? Even now I walk into record stores and I wonder what is being bought.

Here in the UK we only really have HMV as a high street big media outlet that sells home entertainment, i struggle to see the appeal and it's a far cry from 2008 when people would be listening to music instore and there wasn't any variants or anything like that..........it was just music. Cheap, affordable, music. Between 2008 and 2013 something has happened. Obviously singles are dead, they're certainly not mass produced like they were and then we head into dangerous territory. The boom of online stores. These are products made to order to the fan bases that are smart enough to visit the web stores and of course..... the prices reflect that. Maybe It's just me being a fan of so many different kinds of music, including soundtracks which is why I own some releases made by these companies including the 2 releases by OWS...and yet I still don't feel as though things are improving on the whole.

I'm not ashamed to say I like chart music or popular music and I'm glad to see more and more chart music is being made available on vinyl. Like Eminem's new album. Headlines on many music sites about his album being released on vinyl and you wont find it cheaper than £20 online. It makes me laugh that until late 2007 his singles and albums were everywhere on vinyl, i could pick promos up so easily I could have picked his albums up on vinyl for pennies because Interscope churned out so many vinyl promos and then did the same with the retail. I picked his 2009 Relapse album up on vinyl for £9 delivered, that was the US pressing. I got the UK Polydor 180 gram pressing for £12.99 delivered. I love hip hop and when it comes to Eminem, I've literally got shelves full of 12" singles and 12" promos, albums, white labels, all official, no bootlegs yet from May 2009 to January 2014. Less than 4 years later we go from nice affordable prices, everyone is happy, plenty of promos and singles, so cheap we can and choose what we want when we want to now it's limited and it's expensive and it's a big event. For those young fans buying it really believing that.......if only they knew.

And that's it really for most people. If only they knew. I'm not some old person talking about 'back in my day'. I'm talking literally about a number of years I can count on one hand. I'm thrilled vinyl is so popular amongst people, it's a shame it's not for the right reasons but still......selfishly for me the ends justify the means because it is my favorite listening format...I'm glad people are learning about it and seemingly enjoying it although I have to say if I was given a choice right now. A choice between the popularity and sales of vinyl and say 1997-2008. I'd probably take any of those years, even 2008 because at least I could walk into an HMV or Virgin Mega stores and buy the music I liked on the format I like at a cheap price. Now all I see is reissues. AC/DC. Michael Jackson. Bob Marley. The mind boggles it really does. The price and selection of music available up until early 2008 far exceeds what is available today yet if we believe the figures........apparently those were the record low years for vinyl lol. 2005/2006/2007/2008 were not good years at all apparently and I don't think I've ever spent as much money on the format as I did those years.

So OWS, by all means give them their variants, but always keep the standard black version available and keep them cheaper and keep them mass produced. Those are the ones that are going to keep you in business, those are the ones that sit on record store shelves, those are the ones that do get bought by more people, they last longer, people get to know the company name, the logo, people learn to spot the releases from OWS more easily, they get accustomed to it.
By seb
@crazybeats We'll always keep doing black vinyl in higher numbers for stores and keep em a bit cheaper. No worries!
By el diabolik
I must say that One Way Static customer service have been first rate. Nothing short of obliging and very accommodating. A class act.
By RougeGorge
I have to say that One Way Static Records has a very good communication service, that's why I convice a friend to take a Subpack.
You deserve your place in this game.
By tonyandrewgiles
Agree 1000%
By Whip Wilson
[quote=11058]I have to say that One Way Static Records has a very good communication service, that’s why I convice a friend to take a Subpack.<br>
You deserve your place in this game.[/quote]

Seconded. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago. Great communication, great customer service. I love the 1970s feel of the packaging thus far. Using original photos with a new design has produced two A+ releases. And the tunes ain't half bad either.
By horseloverphat
Here, here...same opinion from me (we can't all be wrong!), I couldn't resist the sub and acted accordingly.

Am really looking forward to these upcoming releases and as everyone has said, OWS seem eager to please and they do communicate very well...feels very much like a personal service and I like that. I do quite like the 'retro feel' with the releases too. Keep up the good work.
By slybonethetownie
Man, these OWS folks sure know how to take care of their customers! Almost immediate responses with a real "can do" attitude! Anyone who's on the fence about buying their releases should have absolutely no hesitations, these guys and gals are a class act! Click "buy it now" now!
By reelybored
Superb customer service by OWS!
By seb

We have some copies of the VALHALLA RISING OST 2xLP SET available on our website.
If you are US based you can get it from LIGHT IN THE ATTIC.

+ found a box with twenty THE HILLS HAVE EYES cassettes. Last chance if you missed out.

By Dr.Funtime
Is Valhalla Rising 180 gram?
By Whip Wilson
I just wanted to drop in and say Valhalla rising from WeMe was an inspired choice, Seb. I have already owned all of the OWS distributed titles, but M Akers and Valhalla Rising are two of my favorite records right now. And the WeMe version absolutely crushes the other one on the market right now. Cheers!
By seb
Thanks Mateo... Yes we try to select only things we really dig to offer to our peeps.
And it's been a real succes so we'll keep doing this. Hunting for goodies worldwide!

Note: we won't be offering Breaking Bad on our website. We had lot's of people asking for it and I know we offered The Walking Dead a while back but we feel we should give priority to smaller releases not to those widely available.
By layneharvey
so, i am listening to clips of valhalla rising on amazon, and most of the tracks just sound like wind with little hints of scraping metal in the distance. what am i missing here? :)