Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
Seb, if I'm reading your post correctly, those of us who are not new members (i.e., subscribed to the first round of Static Club) and did subscribe to the second round of Static Club did not receive a welcome email, correct?
By seb
yes, only new members receive a welcome email.

Members who re-newed won't receive one since they know how it works and we don't want to bother them with yet the same email.

By reddye6
Good to know -- thanks!
By tonyandrewgiles
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for one of them tasty test pressings next sub ;)
By Little Walter
Crap, I've yet to get an e-mail. I e-mailed Sara.

Does a coupon code for other OWS releases come with it? I want to know before placing an order on Martin and Nekromantic.
By terryreidsauce
@Little Walter - The email I got today came with my personal discount code.
By Little Walter
Thanks, I'll wait for mine then.
By gojikranz88
Very excited to have made the cut and joined the club as a cassette subscriber! also thanks to Seb for fixing my login for the forum! looking forward to a good year.
By seb
Static Club members should check their inboxes because they have been called to a vote!

… yes, we do those things ;-)
By Occhionero
I was lucky with last years release. So I voted: No
By chiefbrody
Really cool to give members a vote. I have a bit of a "moral" dilemma (not a moan at OWS!)...

a) I want it, and I think it would be great in the sub. It would also mean I'd save my wallet by not having to pay for an out-of-sub release that I want. My record collection is improving/growing a lot these days, but my bank balance is disappearing...

BUT

b) On the other hand, that's maybe a pretty selfish choice as I think I'd probably be less pleased if, for example, the vote related to Beyond the Black Rainbow, which I bought last year, and my double-dipping was the product of democracy!!
By texasvinyl
I voted no since I have a copy the MotionSound release. Also, if you're in the US and looking for a copy, it looks like Experimedia still has stock.
By Spun out of control
Love the sensible democratic vote, but am on the fence, as have this on the format it was released last year. Generally I'd reckon there are so many great scores out there that haven't been released, or are deserving of one, that we don't need to double up so soon.

Happily whichever way the vote goes, my sub format of choice means that I will be getting a different version whatever.
By Pitch
No from me - my view is that it is much better / fairer to have a release in the sub that no-one has, rather than one some might have. I do have last year's version, so - as I don't collect seconds - I'd have to sell one of them on....
By unpopular_poet
I voted Yes, because I didn't get a copy of the 2014 release. I can totally understand the No vote though -- so long as I can order it from LITA, I am fine with it being out of the sub as well. Here's to OWS for putting us absolutely first -- pretty friggin amazing.
By seb
Yes, that's the complete idea behind the vote!

We really wanted to do our version of this release because we love Tim Krog's score.
+ it was so limited that it sold out so quickly that we get daily emails requesting it.

Although the track listing will be the same as the 2014 MS release you can expect this limited version to be packaged in a deluxe foil numbered gatefold tip-on jacket with all new art/design. Two cool color vinyl variants will be made for you to choose from, a bonus flexi and insert with liner notes will be included and Static Club members will get a digital download for free. + There will be a limited cassette version.

But instead of just forcing it into the sub without some feedback, we thought we'd ask club members to vote it in or ou of the sub. Which is the right thing to do in our opinion.

So majority vote wins!

Here's the current result, vote ends on Thursday.

By dweebofthedead
No for me, but thank you for asking, OWS!
By deafmetal
I also voted no, as I had ordered the album from the OWS web store last year. I would probably pick up a cassette version on the side though. :)
By monsterworship
I said no since I own the original and the reissue already.
But of course I'm gonna buy another one outside the sub so I guess I cancel myself out :)
By soundtracks of fear
Yes, a no from me as well, although I'm sure you guys would do a fantastic job! I too picked up last years Motionsound Boogeyman cheers @monster ^^^. Appreciate the vote!
By philball1974
Not voted yet but ill give it a no. I don't own it and I will buy it outside the sub. Voted no as i know i would hate to have 2 versions of the same record and i know a lot of you picked this one up last time.
By cookythecook
voted yes, but already own the motionsound release. this is one of my favorites, and want that bonus flexi! awesome!
By chandler75
Well, it's OWS, so I'll get it no matter what - so if it's part of the sub or not doesn't make much of a difference (I voted Yes).

I also have the MotionSound one but although the score is great, it's a pretty tame release, so I look forward to it getting the OWS treatment.
By strictlywayward
I voted against inclusion in the sub, but am very glad I will have a chance to pick this up and am thrilled that it will be getting the 'OWS treatment'. Will definitely be picking up both analag formats regardless of how they are dropped. Many cheers!
By albatard
Didn't get that email, so i asked Sara the link as i'd like to vote no, already have it (and love it) but don't really care about variants so i don't want a 2nd copy of it.