Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
No more Static Club....

Sara and Seb, thank you for the past years! And all the best for your future. Looking forward to see what is coming next!
For immediate release :

Dear friends,

It is which great excitement that we are able to announce that One Way Static Records is becoming part of the Tidal Waves Music Group. By doing so we will be able to expand OWS into a much needed 'next level' operation. This means an improvement on many fields that required attention.

There will be the usual changes but trust us, these are for the best.
Please read on how this merger will affect you as a valued supporter of our label.

RELEASES IN 2017 & BEYOND

2016 was a great year where we had the chance to bring out some fantastic records but it was also a year where we were plagued with massive production delays.

Thanks to this new merger and the advantages that comes with it we'll be able to double our release schedule and change pre-orders from multiple months into mere weeks. Some much needed and requested re-pressings of our back catalog will also become a reality in 2017.

We have some great things in store for you, first ones will drop real soon and make sure you watch out for Record Store Day where we also have some releases planned that will make more than a few heads turn.

MAILORDER / DIRECT TO CUSTOMER SALES

As of March 2017, One Way Static records will halt all it's mailorder activities. This means that we won't be selling any more products online anymore (not ours and not those from other labels).

We are a small operation and we want to put our energy and precious time in releasing records instead of selling & shipping them (and all the logistic work that comes with it).

Instead of selling records through our website we will work with a system of 'recommended online stores' we work closely with and can recommend purchasing from. Most of these you'll all be familiar with. So worry not, you'll still have easy access to our releases.

DISTRIBUTION TO STORES

Our releases can already be found in small and with big retailers both online and physical across the globe, now that we have more time and recourses we'll be able to expand this even more so that you are sure to find our releases in your local record store.

Our good friends from Light In The Attic will stay on board on the matter of distribution and will now also help us with this goal in Europe through their partners abroad.

STATIC CLUB

This is the most difficult part for us, because of the above we'll be discontinuing our subscription service 'Static Club'. We'll miss you guys and we can't thank you enough for all of the years you supported our label. You guys are heroes and we're sure you'll keep picking up our releases through the new system. From the bottom of our hearts : Thank you!

That's all folks, stay tuned for our new releases!
Wishing you all the best!

Seb & the whole team here at One Way Static.
By Spun out of control
@Bez

For what it's worth OWS did seem a little quieter throughout 2016 and delays must be incredibly frustrating, so this is very likely both the next logical step and a positive one... promise of RSD 2017 releases is also very encouraging.

Sad to see the Club go as a by-product of this - always thought Seb and Sara went the extra mile which was totally admirable and was nice to feel we were all part of something. ;)

Looking forward to what comes next & renewed sense of purpose.
By Bezulsqy
Spun out of control wrote:@Bez

For what it's worth OWS did seem a little quieter throughout 2016 and delays must be incredibly frustrating, so this is very likely both the next logical step and a positive one... promise of RSD 2017 releases is also very encouraging.

Sad to see the Club go as a by-product of this - always thought Seb and Sara went the extra mile which was totally admirable and was nice to feel we were all part of something. ;)

Looking forward to what comes next & renewed sense of purpose.
You are right. They had a lot of problems with pressing plant delays. Also a shame their intended release for The People Under the Stairs never happend.
I do hope they keep on doing the tape releases with extra packiging. And I am very curious as to where to get their new releases and if this means they will not have any more extra special versions.
By chiefbrody
Very sad to see the Club go. I enjoy the community and direct relationship with the label. Sara and Seb have always been helpful.

Their difficulties are apparent from the fact that the Sub became a two-year subscription due to delays and other issues.

Best of luck to them, and I hope to see some killer releases in the near future.

It's a shame from the community perspective that the subs for the two main labels on the site, historically, have been lost in the course of reorganisation.

On the plus side, I've some money set aside for the Sub that I can now spend.
By slybonethetownie
I'll miss you guys and the releases. Looking forward to hearing about (and subsequently receiving) the final Static Club exclusive bonus item!
By chandler75
I wish OWS the best of luck - it has been stellar service from both Seb and Sara!

I have to admit, however, that if it hadn't been for the Static Club, I would probably only have bought maybe one of the last five releases. But I was happy to get the other ones - both to discover new stuff, get a discount on other releases and support the label. Now, with so much great stuff being put out by other labels and being on a limited budget, I will need to pick and choose.

But I do wish OSW continued success, and Cannibal Holocaust is still one of my all-time favorite releases!
By slik
I will miss the STATIC CLUB. As stated already, the customer service from OWS was beyond all others. I wish you all the best for the future Seb 'n' Sara. Looking forward to your future releases.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hear hear. Onward and upward.
By blastman
I'm glad that One Way Static will continue to release albums, sorry to see Static Club go, though. Always found Seb and especially Sara very patient and helpful, customer care was exemplary. Hopefully they will go from strength to strength
By slybonethetownie
Seb my friend, can we get an ETA (or at least an update) on the Static Club Bonus Item that is still outstanding for the final sub?
By seb
Still working on it my man. Months away from completion
Takes longer than expected. We could have done it fast but we decided to do it well.

No worries though... OWS always delivers

Stay tuned!
By Bezulsqy
I miss OWS and their Static Club...
Hope you all are doing well!
Will there be a continuation of the OWS 7" series under the Tidal Waves umbrella?
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:I miss OWS and their Static Club...
Hope you all are doing well!
Will there be a continuation of the OWS 7" series under the Tidal Waves umbrella?
Agreed.
Seconded.
Great question.
By Mateo Sanboval
jgibbs4053 wrote:I asked about the 7"s on their Facebook page and they said they would keep doing it
Nice work, Gibby. Thanks for the knowledge.
By reddye6
Seb, any update on the bonus item?
By lazyben
I asked a week or two ago to check I hadn’t missed something in the mail after the mid-may shipping claim and was told shipping soon.

Maybe they’re growing actual hair on the jackets or vinyl?