Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I was just checking all my mails from OWS to see if I missed something...
Is this the forth and final part of Static Club part 2?
By seb
This one will be the third one... After this there's one left + the static club bonus item
By Bezulsqy
Thanks for the reply. I'm watching my mailbox like a hawk for the next Static Club update mail :-)

I did a quick search on google for cannibal exploitation and my guess is **** (I'm not sure if I should guess, I don't want to spoil anything).
By Little Walter
I'm really pumped about this! And definitely prefer to be surprised.
By Bezulsqy
Then you will hear nothing more from me on this matter :-)
By seb
Papaya, Love Goddess Of The Cannibals (Original 1978 Motion Picture Soundtrack)

One Way Static Records is excited to bring you their latest release: Stelvio Cipriani’s iconic motion picture soundtrack for Joe D’Amato’s 1978 PAPAYA, LOVE GODDESS OF THE CANNIBALS (Papaya dei Caraibi) Once again OWS will be heading deep into cannibal territory with this amazing release for the first time on vinyl & cassette.

The late Joe D’Amato who directed the film sure was quite the character in horror cinema. Directing over 200 films including Spaghetti westerns, war movies and countless (s)exploitation flicks, D’Amato was a force to be reckoned with. His credits include genre classics such as ‘Anthropophagous’,‘Buio Omega AKA Beyond The Darkness’, the ‘Emanuelle’ series, ‘Absurd’, ‘Troll 2&3’…and many, many more. Next to directing, Joe also took to the producer & screenplay writing chair for films like Stage Fright, La Casa 3,4 & 5, Pieces, Ghosthouse, Zombie 5… just to list a few.

Stelvio Cipriani (born 1937) is an Italian composer that actually needs little introduction.
His first soundtrack was the spaghetti western ‘The Bounty Killer’ in 1966, followed by the well known 1967 score for ‘The Stranger Returns’ (also known as A Man, a Horse, a Gun and Shoot First, Laugh Last). Cipriani later composed other spaghetti western scores together with many popular police/crime movie soundtracks.

He became prolific in the Italian film world and was awarded a ‘Nastro d'Argento’ for Best Score for ‘The Anonymous Venetian’ in 1970. One of Cipriani's most famous scores is for the 1973 film ‘La polizia sta a guardare’ (The Great Kidnapping) and let’s not forget his brilliant score for Ruggero Deodato’s ‘Concorde Affaire 79’.

Horror fans will know Stelvio from his scores for genre favorites like PIECES, Mario Bavo’s ‘A Bay Of Blood AKA Twitch Of The Death Nerve’ & ‘Baron Blood’, Umberto Lenzi’s ‘Nightmare City’ & ‘Voices From Beyond’, Sergio Martino’s ‘The Great Alligator’ and James Cameron’s ‘Pirhana II : The Spawning’. We can’t even begin to list his many exploitation scores like ‘Sister Emanuelle’, ‘Deported Women Of The SS’ … and many more.

In 2007 Cipriani was brought to the public's attention again when Quentin Tarantino used his 1977 main theme for ‘Tentacolli’ in ‘Death Proof’. In a 2007 interview, Cipriani said that he had composed music for Pope John Paul II and was currently working with Pope Benedict XVI.

Available in the following deluxe packaged versions:

LIMITED COLOR VINYL: packaged in a deluxe gatefold old school tip-on jacket. Comes on Green/Pink Split Vinyl and Clear/Pink Haze vinyl. These variants are inserted randomly and are limited to #500 copies each worldwide. They come sequentially foil numbered (2 series of /500).

CASSETTE EDITION: limited to 200 copies worldwide with alternate artworks. This cassette version also includes 7 BONUS TRACKS not available on the vinyl version.

This release is NOW up for pre-order on :

http://www.onewaystatic.com (Europe)
http://www.lightintheattic.net (North America)
Attachments
PAPAYA - Gatefold Display WEB.jpg
PAPAYA - Gatefold Display WEB.jpg (227.57 KiB) Viewed 6895 times
PAPAYA Frontcover.jpg
PAPAYA Frontcover.jpg (204.25 KiB) Viewed 6895 times
Very interesting -- I would have bet money that the release was "People Under the Stairs." What is the status of that release? Is it still part of the current Static Club?
I feel like I "ditto" everything @monsterworship says on this board, but yes, looks like a very cool release! I also picked up the Enfantasme LP a few months ago, and it will be great to have the expanded score for Papaya on vinyl. I am really enjoying being part of the Static Club. Great releases this year.
reddye6 wrote:Very interesting -- I would have bet money that the release was "People Under the Stairs." What is the status of that release? Is it still part of the current Static Club?
We're still in talks about this one. Everything was ready to go … and then Universal Music manifested itself as partial right holder :( So we're negotiating with them for months now, but majors are not in a hurry about getting such a 'small' release cleared.

We're working hard on getting it but can't promise it will be for this current club edition.
Sucks but that's how the cookie crumbles
chandler75 wrote:SEVEN bonus tracks on the tape!? Wow. Are these versions that have been previously available on CD?
They did come out on CD at some point (I think it was a German label)… we got all the tracks from Beat Records Italy.
There was no room left on the vinyl (and too little for a double LP) so we added them to the Cassette!
Based on your first post:
Coming next Monday… we're heading to the jungle once more and get really sexy with some cannibal action.
Stay tuned!
My guess was Ultimo Mondo Cannibale a.k.a. Jungle Holocaust / The Last Cannibal World

I didn't see that one and I haven't seen Papaya, Love Goddess Of The Cannibals. But I am happy with any record you release!

The artwork for this one does look really cool. You guys don't hold back. And I love Stelvio Cipriani! This year went by very fast, so having to wait till March probably won't feel that long by then as it might feel now. But by that time Candyman 2 is in our hands and probably a whole bunch of distributed titles.

It does sucks for you to hear all this stuff about The People Under the Stairs and the other delays with pressing plants in the past. I hope 2016 will be a better year.

About the cassette release: are you also creating a extra special sub version as with the previous cassette releases?
seb wrote:
J.R. wrote:The cover is so amazing! Who did the art for it?
Silver Ferox design, our in-house designer who does ALL our releases.

Check out his crazy portfolio here and prepare to drool >
http://www.silverferoxdesign.com
Wow! That's some spectacular work! He has a new fan!
@deaf, that's what I'll need to do as they grow older!

@Jimmy that's hilarious. My grandmother always seemed to be watching horror movies when we were younger, and I turned out ok (though perhaps the roots of my horror soundtrack fandom is down to seeing stuff like Hellraiser or Creepshow when I was about 5 years old!).