Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By seb
Pre-orders start on May 4th

A 1980 synth classic gets the OWS treatment with liner notes, gatefold tip on jacket, silver ferox design arworks and as a bonus item : the ultimate crossover of a digital and analogue medium
By texasvinyl
Did you guys order a CD/vinyl hybrid disc?? Guess we'll find out!
By Aremagod
Can never have enough 80s synth albums.
By lazyben
Ugh, I bought one fo thsoe things to try it and it was unplayable. <Adopts comic store guy voice> Worst gimmick ever.
By seb
Ours is no hybrid. Analog on a digital carrier... Turntable only!
By lazyben
Intriguing. Still guessing it's a non-playable cd with grooves rather than a lathe cut laserdisc though :)
By lazyben
Oh, and I'm guessing this the new boogey man version we already know is imminent.
By seb
One Way Static Records is proud to be bring you their latest release, one where we had the chance to work with German director Ulli Lommel and composer Tim Krog.

In 1980 Lommel directed ‘THE BOOGEYMAN’ starring John Carradine, which became a ‘slasher genre’ hit and made the UK's banned ‘Video Nasties’ list. Two sequels were also produced in 1981 and 1983.

To underscore his film, Lommel needed a soundtrack that fitted the times like the synth based John Carpenter styled soundscapes used in Halloween. By the late seventies, electronic music had achieved new heights of popularity. Technological innovations such as the Mini-Moog became a weapon of choice for new composers, churning out chilling electronic music that showed the industry its full creative potential.

For this he turned to Tim Krog and his team ‘Synthe-Sound-Trax’ composed out of Jan Barlett and Ed Christiano. This trio produced a soundtrack far more progressive and unique than one might expect. Moving easily between traditional melodies and more experimental textures, The Boogeyman’s score is a superb example of an economical but highly effective scoring style that would be prevalent throughout the ensuing decade.

As you listen to these soundscapes, remember one thing: "The Boogey man" will get you if you don't watch out”.

Available in the following versions:

DELUXE EDITION : LIMITED COLOR VINYL : packaged in a deluxe gatefold old school tip-on jacket with printed insert containing extensive & exclusive liner notes by Charlie Brigden, Justin Kerswell and Ulli Lommel. Comes on COLOR in COLOR vinyl (black in green). This pressing is limited to #1000 copies worldwide. Also included is a bonus CD-RECORD (a CD that only plays on your turntable) containing radio spot audio for the 1980 film.

CASSETTE EDITION : limited to 300 copies worldwide with alternate artworks.

Available from
www.onewaystatic.com
www.lightintheattic.net

By texasvinyl
Looks great... Another gatefold to hide from kids ;)

Curious what the CD Record looks like.. I only have one record that is close to that idea, a Telepathe single that was the first release from Dave Sitek's (TV On the Radio) label Federal Prism. That one is a picture disc made to look like a giant 12" CD... I am just now noticing it says Compact DICS not DISC. Great Reznor/Ross remix on the B side, BTW, for any NIN fans

Congrats on the release announcements, these will be fun
By seb
CD Record is as big as a CD… pretty cool gimmick … but still a gimmick.
It's fun to add some stuff like flexis, flexi postcards, these CD records etc

By deafmetal
@OWS - That sounds fun. I have a CD with "vinyl" locked grooves on the top and it sounds horrible. :D I like your idea better.

Also, I was not planning on TRIPLE-dipping on The Boogeyman, but damn your new pressing looks killer (as it should). Excellent gatefold, as always. Fuck it, total support!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Hey Seb,

Just wondering, are you guys using the same source/mastering as the Motion Sounds (ie taken from copy of the original LP pressing) or have you got something else up your sleeve? Thanks.
By dumaisaudio
That would be good to know. I'd consider selling my Motion Sounds copy to get this one, as it's probably a nicer package for sure.
By lazyben
I'm certain it's the same as the motion sounds master. It was discussed back when it was originally announced and I think the original tapes are lost, probably for good. This artwork is better though so I'm tempted by this more than the motion sounds one but I think I'm sticking with my original SST pressing and not double dipping just for the sleeve.
By seb
Yes, same master as the Motion Sound version that was sourced from several mint original SST vinyl copies.
No master tapes to be found.

Sounds terrific !

By MODAREC
Got the Motion Sound press but have double dipped on this one too. It's crazy, I was after this soundtrack for years and then two show up pretty much at once. I agree the Motion Sound release sounds excellent.
By seb
By NMA
Shhh! :)

By dumaisaudio
Any update on this? LITA updated their product page to say " ships 09.21.15".
By Bezulsqy
OWS stated the following:
Our release for The Boogeyman is still at the pressing plant (again the promises kept by the plant were not kept) so if you ordered this item it will NOT be shipped along with Mark Of The Devil but at the end of September.
By NathanLurker
The Boogeyman cassettes are ready though. The cassettes are shipping before september.
By dumaisaudio
Ah. I'm not a Club member anymore, so maybe I missed that update. Thanks