Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Garmonbozia
Does Hausu happen to be on your want list, Mr. Keymaster?
By Whip Wilson
[quote=48424][/quote]

This is the best idea in this thread. Or maybe any other. What a great damn score.
By seb
On mine and every other label out there ;-)
By DISCOSUCKS...
^^ yes yes yes!

Frankly just surprised that someone other than me actually likes that film!!
By maxvelvet
The Ninth Gate?!? Damn fuc*in' yeah!!!! ;)
By milliondollars
i posted this in another thread in here months ago.

was actually so desperate that i was already thinking of pressing this up by myself but i don't have the experience nor the time for that. this should be handled by some professionals.

just think of the possibilities for the cover art... :-O
By maxvelvet
I have a wonderful german DVD which has the perfect cover idea for me, don't you think so? ;)

By milliondollars
^ so nice man! never seen that one...
By DISCOSUCKS...
^ I WANT this!!!

I think someone else has also fabricated accurate prop "ninth gate" books for sale...can't recall where I saw that!
By maxvelvet
UUUUHHHH that book...I want it but a damn expensive prop... :( LINK

Other info on my dvd HERE but it's oop...good luck! ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
So good - the DVD booklet is fantastic! I see copies on Amazon.de for 14 Euros....will have to have a think ;)
By Hatter313
love that score. some one should do that and repress Dracula as well for a Kilar two-for. you'd get my money :)
By deafmetal
Total Kilar worship.
By seb
That one is high up the list!
By Hatter313
I mentioned this one in the general wishlist a few weeks ago! i would LOVE for Glass' Dracula to get a wax release. one of my favorites from him, and i always watch the movie with his score.
By DISCOSUCKS...
I saw it last year with Mr G himself on the ole joanna, in my hometown...it was frickin incredible! His score actually made the film pretty intense.
By tonyandrewgiles
Figures that I'd find people who love that movie as much as I do on here.

@disco, @max
I'd also recommend these 2 for Ninth Gate fans, the film was based in part on both of them with The Dumas Club being the closest to the film.

By Hatter313
right!

I mean, i love the movie for what it is, but sometimes the pacing of the older gothics can be so slow for modern expectations.

for me the best example of this is during the confrontation between Dracula and Van Helsing in the drawing room, Glass' piece in that scene is one of my favorites and is always on my halloween play list. iot really makes the scene super intense, and fits so well with the theatrical nature of the performances.
By DISCOSUCKS...
It's the very best kind of re-score - it totally compliments the film and respects it's period/origins, but revitalizes and enhances it for a new audience by helping it over the old-school pacing etc. It was scary, for chrissakes! Not something I'd ever felt about that version before (as much as I admired it...)
By sirpsychoswayze
I feel the same way. I love the original version, but after watching the film with Glass' score, I don't know if I can ever go back to it. It elevates the movie in a big, bad way and makes it almost overwhelmingly powerful. It's funny - as much as I dig this, Candyman and Mishima, I don't know if they'd be half the films that they are without his incredible music. I really think "Mishima" might be the best score ever written.
By strictlywayward
Yes, Glass' Dracula re-score is phenomenal and demands a fantastic pressing some day. It and the similarly outstanding Kronos Quartet Performs Philip Glass altered my existence quite favorably. I envy anyone that got to hear Dracula live when they took it on the road.
By DISCOSUCKS...
@sirpsychoswayze

Amazing avatar-thingy man!

"Jesus Christ, Erloser" right?

Never been jelly of an avatar choice before ;)

By DISCOSUCKS...
And oh.....very good call on "Mishima". Game/life changer.