Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Pain_Bubbles
I am a bit familiar with this score, IMHO it's pretty generic,slightly cheesy euro-synth stuff(this might be down to personal preference/taste)
Calling it "One of the most beautiful European film scores ever composed" however, no matter how much one might personally like this score, puts it in the same league as Huppertz' "Metropolis" ,Jarre's "Lawrence of Arabia", Prokoviev's music for Eisenstein's movies, Sarde's "Quest for fire" and works by Schnittke,Delerue, Barry, Morricone, Vangelis, Preisner and many others, which is really no contest.
By seb
Haha... Yes, I guess if you drop names like that then its hard to compare. You make a good point sir.

Yes it is a personal fav of mine, so I'm a bad jugde on this.
By Pain_Bubbles
[quote=43811]Haha… Yes, I guess if you drop names like that then its hard to compare. You make a good point sir.

Yes it is a personal fav of mine, so I’m a bad jugde on this.
[/quote]

And you sir, are a very good sport in light of me probably being pedantic.
By the looks of it there are many more people delighted with this release, and I sincerely hope you all enjoy it!
By seb
Some tunes to keep you warm in these cold days

By legnadibrom
really looking forward to this!
By slybonethetownie
Here's a contest for you UK board members from dvdcompare.net, and very aptly timed, read on:

We have a copy of Nekromantik: Limited Edition on Blu-ray from Arrow Films to give away.

Nekromantik is the one-of-a-kind shock classic from cult director Jörg Buttgereit, weaving the tale of Rob Schmadtke, a young man who finds himself competing for the affections of his girlfriend with a putrefying cadaver.

To enter the competition, simply send an email telling us who directed "Nekromantik" to admin@dvdcompare.net with the subject heading NEKROMANTIK and your full name and postal address (no PO Boxes) BY 14 DECEMBER 2014.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The competition is only open to UK readers of DVDCompare (DVDCompare.net staff and family are not eligible to enter). Only one entry will be accepted per person. If you enter multiple times, none of your entries will count and will be deleted. Your prize will be shipped direct. The competition will close on the date stated above. Any entries received after that date will not count. The winners will be drawn at random and notified by email after the closing date.

GOOD LUCK!
By seb
NOW UP FOR PRE-ORDER!

One Way Static Records is really proud to be bring you their latest release, A release where we had the chance to work with iconic director and writer Jörg Buttgereit!

Today we present to you the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack to Jörg Buttgereit's 1987 'NEKROMANTIK' composed & performed by DAKTARI LORENZ, JOHN BOY WALTON & HERMANN KOPP.

The Nekromantik score displays the dynamic ability and range of the composers. It strikes a perfect balance of beauty, horror, joy and dissonance. The score is both minimalistic and hauntingly atmospheric at the core, and yet remarkably complex at the same time.

Don't be fooled by earlier releases that are mere compilations of 2-3 Buttgereit movie scores put together. This release is the complete & EXPANDED 1987 soundtrack (17 tracks) for the first time on vinyl & cassette!

Available on the following versions:

DELUXE COLOR VINYL EDITION packaged in a deluxe Tip-on Gatefold Jacket with printed insert. Comes on Sperm & Blood Splatter Vinyl and Smokey Clear Vinyl. The variants are inserted randomly and are limited to #500 copies each worldwide. They come sequentially foil numbered (2 series of /500). Comes with a BONUS 7" EP containing five extra bonus tracks. Also included is a BONUS limited playable flexi postcard exclusive to the color vinyl edition. This postcard contains a cover of the Nekromantik theme by Norwegian Black Metal band Carpathian Forest.

BLACK VINYL EDITION packaged in a deluxe Tip-on Gatefold Jacket with printed insert. Comes with obi-strip. Classic Black Vinyl limited to #500 copies worldwide. Comes with a BONUS 7" EP containing five extra bonus tracks.

CASSETTE EDITION limited to 300 copies worldwide with alternate artworks. Contains five bonus tracks. #100 copies of those come in a special hand-numbered bag.

www.onewaystatic.com
www.lightintheattic.net

By repulsion
Sounds awesome!!! Thx in advance :)
By bitewerks
The gatefold looks really nice especially the inside imagery but I'll be waiting until much, much closer to the release date to order.
By Jimmy_Mike
Forgive my crude question, but is the corpse sporting a rager?
By strictlywayward
If I remember correctly, it's just a broken-off broomstick handle with a condom on it. When I think of this movie, I think of that scene, so I think it's cool that OWS went balls-out again with the packaging. Disturbing movie. I think.
By Jimmy_Mike
So, just a raging Steely Dan? Wow.

While we are on the topic of filthy stuff, anyone seen Salo? How's the score?
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Im in.and already ordered (2 copies) shame on me
By dumaisaudio
Cool that it's getting a release, but listening to the samples, this one doesn't do it for me.
By guyremix
I gotta be honest i'm not a fan of the front cover artwork.
By seb
Thanks all for the massive ordering… W O W !

Cheers
Seb
By Ignatius
Good to hear it's selling well.

Just hope the limited doesn't sell out in the next few days before I can get my order in. Is it just me or is the Nekro gatefold somehow even more obscene than the (limited) Cannibal Ferox one?
By ninjaqutie
Loving this. I love gory artwork. I hope you guys keep this up. Hehe. :D
By seb
Nekromantik test pressings are approved!
Sounding solid!

By Ptflea2
[quote=44091]I gotta be honest i’m not a fan of the front cover artwork. [/quote]

I second this. It's just not very pleasant to look at.

Would have loved to rather see the iconic "video nasty" cover that everyone is familiar with. That would look much better ( of course, just my opinion) hanging on the wall in full display within the listening room.