Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By zuko
Damn, back to square one for me…
By DISCOSUCKS...
Holy crap, that's a big clue!

Right....thinking cap back on - my immediate response, however, is back to my first though: Popol Vuh.

Bit classy for OWS?

Hmmmmm......ponder ponder..........
By Darren LD1984
I'd put my money on Popol Vuh's Nosferatu too. That is one beautiful score
By DISCOSUCKS...
I have what I consider to be a pretty solid shot at this - with all the clues so far:

BLOODY MOON - Gerhard Heinz

Nice mix of creeping synth and hot disco action!

It's already out there in some form or another, adding to it's plausability as a candidate for luxury OWS vinyl edition....

By DISCOSUCKS...
Of course, having said all that - it could just be Nekromantik ;)

The "Harold & Maude" of horror scores...
By seb
Funny thing is that 2-3 titles here mentioned are on the list for future OWS releases.
And yes OWS06 has been mentioned here ;)
By philball1974
So in the end we are all winners! Can wait!
By karswell
1 more for Mark of The Devil which would be bloody brill!
By Pain_Bubbles
If I had to pick between Das Boot and Nosferatu, I'd choose Nosferatu, since Das Boot is so incredibly abundant and cheap on the second hand market. (On both sides of the Atlantic)
I'd probably not buy a 25€ repress for something that can be bought for 2-3€ on Discogs, and I am guessing that unless there are issues with the old releases, this would not be very interesting for a label to release.

But since one of the hints is "most beautiful", and not "well known" it might very well be a more obscure title.
By voidhead
[quote=39208]Funny thing is that 2-3 titles here mentioned are on the list for future OWS releases.<br>
And yes OWS06 has been mentioned here [/quote]
Damn... 2015 is going to be mental.
By seb
And the winner is…

[video]http://vimeo.com/113850576[/video]

Now don't be fooled by these earlier releases who are just compilations from 2 or 3 Jörg Buttgereit films.
This is the first expanded complete original 1987 soundtrack that makes it to vinyl. No less than 18 tracks from all three composers.

Limited edition will be FILLED with bonus add-ons.
Artwork will be NSFW :-)

coming VERY soon!
By NMA
OOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1
By tonyandrewgiles
Never heard it but you can always trust OWS to deliver the goods.
By repulsion
Oh, nekromantik is a nice one, thx Seb. Still love the film and the soundtrack after all the years.
"Ich nahm den fahrradständer trennte ihren kopf vom körper und dann...platzte sie"
By dob66
Nice timing. I pre-ordered the Arrow special edition that comes with a CD of soundtrack as well. Don't know the film put it certainly looks like it will linger in the memory. Need to find an even higher top shelf for this one I reckon.
By bitewerks
Wow, what a surprise! Definitely looking forward to the LP & tape.

I recently ordered the Cult Epics blu-ray but it was out of stock so will have to re-order soon. It's been a favorite film of mine since seeing it on grainy vhs. I still remember seeing the awesome poster art in Deep Red magazine.
By jgibbs4053
I've been looking to score this off EBay. Glad I never squeezed the trigger
By philball1974
Wow I guessed right!!
Did Seb say something about a test pressing as a prize? Ha! :)
By albatard
Was really expecting it to be Popol Vuh's Nosferatu, but still a killer news!!!
By Pain_Bubbles
I know European cinema is not exactly known for it's rich ,thematic , complex orchestral scores, and i am not even saying a beautiful soundtrack should meet these critera, but in what alternate universe would this be considered "one of the most beautiful european soundtracks ever composed"?

Nothing wrong with the release itself, but that hint just made no sense.
By picnicinthejungle
This is great news! Thanks OWS. Hermann Kopp's Nekronology is fantastic aswell. I managed to get the red/black putrified blood version last year. I wonder what you have installed. Buttgereit recently posted a refreshed version of the original art on his fartbook, could this be a hint at what might be stab-o-gasmically next?

The whole soundtrack makes me feel like I am about to be sick.

By liftman2013
Shit if they had an X-Rated release for Cannibal Ferox I wonder if this will offer something similar...

Never seen the film but its getting on my 'want to' list...
By seb
I 'll post some songs from the soundtrack tonight and you tell me if those aren't some of the most beautiful tunes you ever heard ;-)