Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By boothaevens
It really surprises me that everyone's so positive about this release... I'm actually very, very disappointed: the music sounds so amateurish/ as non-music and it's not even a little bit like the songs that we could hear online to promote the album, which sucks big time.

I have my copy for sale, it's the clear vinyl...
By Little Walter
@boothaevens - It plays perfectly with the context of the film, which likewise makes that amateurish quality seem deliberate, I thought.
By lobo
Finally I have received my copy of the limited edition with the extra Nekromantik 2 bonus LP.

By seb
We did not do include a jacket for the 7" since we wanted it to be a real bonus item, not intended as a stand alone 7"

This way it will be kept in the LP jacket and not be re-sold alone by people who want to make extra money and by this destroying the package feel of the set.

But I hear you!
By seb
Bootheavens

It's a hard to digest release we know, not your typical electronic or orchestral score… pretty experimental and avant garde for the late eighties (and even today) Just like the film.

We can't put up more than a couple of songs on soundcloud due to contractual reasons, and this can indeed give a false view over the entire feel of a release. But it's out there as a whole on thingies like youtube etc.

With OWS you get surprises, not just things you expect that are in your comfort zone. That's what we do.

But in the end you are right… it comes down to taste and there's no point to argue about taste. You either like it or you don't. I have no doubt that you'll be able to sell of your copy since it's sold out ;-)

Here's a review from Star Burst magazine that strike some good points about the release:

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/review ... ntik-vinyl
By NMA
My last Nekro-package from OWS has finally arrived with a biiig surprise (for me):

Thanks for making me smile today ;)

By boothaevens
@ OWS

Thank you for the response...

Based on the samples I expected some cheesy piano-synth (which I like), hence the disappointment when I turned it on. I probably should have listened to some Youtube samples, but otherwise, I kind of trust the selection of samples you guys make and it is kinda nice to listen to a record in its entirety one you receive it.

Anyway, it's a kewl package (-> the flexi is a great idea), and since I do like experimental music, I will give it another try later on (with another mindset).

Oh, and for all the people who like this. You might want to check out 'chance meeting on a dissecting table of a sewing machine and an umbrella'.

By bitewerks
I would have never thought about that. Someone who would sell the bonus 7" separate from the LP. You could put a little message on the back of the 7" sleeve: "Not to be sold without the LP".

I was just thinking: "this could use more art!" as of the Nekromantik artwork is pretty awesome.

I hope there's future plans for N2, Schramm, & Der Todesking soundtracks...
By Volzom Zofbie
Funny! IMO this is the most beautiful (I mean the music, NOT the splatter!) and interesting record OWS has released so far.
Absolutely love the B side with six Hermann Kopp tracks in a row. But I'm also a great fan of Experimental, Drone, Noise, Avant Garde etc.

Hermann Kopp / Daktari Lorenz / John Boy Walton ‎– Nekromantik (One Way Static Records 2015)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5sFmya4qpY[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax3_OoNVCXs[/video]

By StrangeVices
I forgot how awesome this score was till you released it. I want OWS to lead the soundtrack titles of grime! Static Club 2 is going to be incredible.

You know I'm waiting for House on the Edge of the Park down the line!!
By slybonethetownie
Ditto on the HOTEOTP, the world needs it!
By bitewerks
A bit of good news on HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK, Code Red will be releasing it on blu-ray. I haven't watched the dvd in years so I can't remember the music at all.
By Bezulsqy
Last evening I got to listen to Nekromantik for the first time. I haven't seen the movie and it was a while that I listened to the soundclips. I didn't really know what I was going to hear after dropping the needle.
From start to finish brilliant! I really loved it. Loved reading the notes (poor cab driver :-) ).
Packaging is beautiful. I do have a problem getting the record into the outer sleeve, it is a really snug fit. I do have that problem with more gatefold jackets though.

A have a Beogram 4004 record player with a tangential arm that locates the record and starts playing automatically. But because I have the Sperm & Blood variant, which is a clear record with some splatter, the sensor in the arm didn't 'see' the record and the needle wouldn't drop... Thankfully I have a manual Technics as a backup for all records my Beogram doesn't play.
Also this is a good excuse to get the other variant as well from somewhere :-)

OWS, Sara and Seb, thank you for making my first hands-on OWS experience such a joy! All the best!
By albatard
This is a really great piece, thanks a lot OWS.
Packaging is great (maybe my fave OWS package so far), having 2 bonus 7'' is brilliant and the soundtrack has been one of my faves for almost 20 years now, so you can imagine how happy i am!
By chandler75
I think this is the best OWS release since "Cannibal". I quite like experimental music and noise, so I've enjoyed my first spin. The 7" sounds great and the postcard is a nice novelty.

Oh, and just to be certain: What's the correct speed for the 7" and postcard? :)
By spiral insana
The OWS Nekromantik LP is one of the best things I own

The score for Der Todesking is legendary and needs the vinyl treatment
One of the most inspiring movies ever
Excellent label
By seb
SECOND PRESSING:

One Way Static Records presents: Jörg Buttgereit's 'NEKROMANTIK' (Original 1987 Motion Picture Soundtrack by DAKTARI LORENZ, HERMANN KOPP & JOHN BOY WALTON).

Jörg Buttgereit is a Berlin based writer and director known for his controversial movies. ‘Der Todesking’, ‘Schramm’ & ‘Hot Love’ are just a few of his exploits but the one that got the most attention and started of his career was no doubt ‘Nekromantik’ from 1987. Nekromantik is known to be frequently controversial, banned in a number of countries, and has become an international cult film over the years due to its transgressive subject matter (including necrophilia) and audacious imagery. 

Daktari Lorenz, Hermann Kopp & John Boy Walton make up the holy trio of composers called upon by film maker Jörg Buttgereit. Between the three of them they produced some of the most haunting and beautiful tracks to be paired up with Buttgereit's controversial on-screen works of art.

The Nekromantik score displays the dynamic ability and range of the composers. It strikes a perfect balance of beauty, horror, joy and dissonance. The score is both minimalistic and hauntingly atmospheric at the core, and yet remarkably complex at the same time. A wide variety of instruments and sound effects are utilized throughout it’s making. Kopp wastes no time displaying his mastery of the violin, which takes center stage, captivating the listener with his powerful, rhythmic, and beautiful solos. He also uses the violin to create some of the strangest tracks on the album, significantly slowing down the rhythm, creating an ominous, off-key droning sound. Kopp is no slouch on the piano either, with a number of beautiful piano interludes that appear throughout the score. In sharp contrast are the tracks which sound as if they are from an old school industrial album.

Harsh noise, clanging metal, pounding drums, synthesizers, and various sound effects come together to create a truly dark and desolate picture. The moog synthesizer also makes a few appearances. This is an amazing collection of music that appeals to a wide variety of people.

One Way Static released this exceptional soundtrack back in 2015 and it sold out in a matter of weeks. Due to ever-increasing popular demand over the years, today we proudly present to you a brand-new limited vinyl pressing with new cover art. This release also comes with an insert containing exclusive and extensive liner notes. Available as a limited classic black vinyl edition & as a color vinyl variant (#200 copies black and grey swirl vinyl) available exclusively from Light In The Attic & Mondo in North America and through Transmission in Europe. To top all this off, OWS partnered up with ZAVVI to bring you an extra color vinyl variant (#100 copies black/milky clear split vinyl) exclusively available through the ZAVVI website!

PRE-ORDERS ARE LIVE NOW THROUGH THE FOLLOWING RETAILERS >

Color Variant & Black Vinyl www.lightintheattic.net (North America)

Color Variant www.mondotees.com (North America)

Color Variant  www.transmissionrecords.co.uk (Europe)

Limited Zavvi exclusive color variant www.zavvi.com
NOTE: the Zavvi variant will be available TOMORROW, not today!

Black vinyl version will be available in record stores & with online retailers worldwide on 10/13.
Attachments
Nekromantik front cover.jpg
Nekromantik front cover.jpg (118.42 KiB) Viewed 5812 times
Nekromantik front cover.jpg
Nekromantik front cover.jpg (118.42 KiB) Viewed 5812 times
By seb
PICTURES:

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for Jörg Buttgereit's 'NEKROMANTIK' (1987)

Limited color vinyl reissue, very few left from the following fine retailers:

(SOLD OUT) http://www.lightintheattic.net (North America)

http://www.mondotees.com (North America)

http://www.transmissionrecords.co.uk (Europe)

Black Vinyl version will be available in stores & with online retailers worldwide on 10/13.
Attachments
OWS06-02.JPG
OWS06-02.JPG (658.85 KiB) Viewed 5693 times
OWS06-01.JPG
OWS06-01.JPG (557.61 KiB) Viewed 5693 times