Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
Its like vegansRus in here!! :)

Its a pretty nasty film but its called cannibal holocaust so it was never going to be anything but. Personally the de braining scene of Farox is far more horrible.
By gojikranz88
so do we need buddies in europe if we are interested in the OWSDW edition? if there is someone there who would like to trade for the mondo version i am in.

as a collector of OWS and DW and not mondo it is just a obsession that i will want that version instead. haven't seen the film but everyone seems excited about it and it is contagious!
By DrRhythm
It's weird - I love gore usually!!
By chiefbrody
[quote=54150]

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title">chiefbrody wrote:</div>
I hope you don’t Spender

haha Chief has let the cat out of the bag! Spencer was Jimmy Nail all along!!

Fuck the haters.
[/quote]

Damn you Phil! It's negative types like you that will drive me away from this forum! ;-)

This random time thing is beginning to bore me! hahahaha.
By deafmetal
To quote a friend, "That turtle had it coming!"

Imagine how the "turtle soup" dinner is going to stay down in Austin, TX tomorrow night.
By ponsdw
The movie turn out into a cult movie due to censorship and gore scenes.
There's an actor playing called Luca Barbareschi who then became a well known actor and tv anchorman
Don't think he's so proud of C.O.(chat say he tried to buy all the vhs available in Italy when he became famous)

Anyway don't you think that the idea of founding out the documentary by the troupe (initial part of the movie) was totally copied by the blair witch project beginning?
By maxvelvet
This waiting is killing me...
By Occhionero
It is getting late in Europe. I wonder when OSW is sending the mails?
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Ok maxvelvet this My table atm 2 laptop like the worst flippers
By reddye6
Mondo's is up, so probably the OWS/DW one will be very soon.
By Aremagod
I see the Mondo posters not the vinyl.
By nick1972
it's there and it's a big drop - over 2,500 left
By hellorockview89
Its up on Mondo. just click on the vinyl cover on the home page, should direct you to the page to purchase.
By reddye6
On the main page -- http://mondotees.com/ -- scroll down to the very bottom. The first row is the poster, and the CH vinyl is by itself on the second row.
By seb
CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (ORIGINAL 1980 MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK BY RIZ ORTOLANI)

NOW ON SALE // IN STOCK // SHIPPING NEXT WEEK

Before you read on > Due to territory restrictions : this release is NOT available to NORTH AMERICAN customers. If you are a North American resident you can purchase the MONDO edition when it becomes available. Alternatively you can ask a European contact to purchase it for you from our site or look for a trade buddy on our forum www.spintheblackestcircles.com

The Mondo edition will not be availble to European customers and the DW/OWS version will not be available to North American customers. We encourage both European and North American customers to pick up an extra copy of our release and the Mondo one, so this way you can trade with your counterparts and complete your collection (but please, don't buy to flip on eBay… that's weak!)

Death Waltz Recording Company and One Way Static Records have joined forces and are overjoyed to be able to bring you the score to a truly iconic – or notorious – classic of the horror genre: Riz Ortolani’s music to the one and only CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, directed by Ruggero Deodato.

One of the early “found footage” films, this 1980 picture takes you into the heart of the Amazon rainforest as we see the lengths a film crew will go to get their footage, and the inevitable revenge by the jungle tribesman who thrive on eating human flesh. What follows is some of the most shocking material in a legitimate film, including some distasteful real animal killings Deodato has since apologized for.

Due to the film’s heavy graphical on-screen violence it received heavy banning (in over 50 countries), censorship, heavy cuts, ‘Video Nasty’ classification and even confiscation by courts (resulting in a trial where Deodato was facing jail time) all over the world. This resulted in a controversy that still goes on this present day.

Ortolani’s main theme is gorgeously dreamy, deceptively so. It’s a remarkable truth amongst horror soundtracks that some of the most effective music of the genre is aesthetically beautiful, and Ortolani’s theme certainly qualifies. But in being so pleasant, it does give off a false sense of security, certainly for the film. Some of Ortolani’s music is more overtly creepy, with more electronic elements blending with the orchestra to provide a harsher backdrop. But then that beauty is there again, juxtaposed alongside horrific elements to ask ourselves about whether beauty needs a context. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST stays with you – it’s notorious for a reason, and the soundtrack is no different.

For the first time on vinyl, today we present to you this landmark release in two glorious versions:

The Valentine’s Day edition. Limited to 2000 copies ‘valentine’ red vinyl. Housed in a 300 gr. jacket with obi-strip. Featuring all new art by iconic artist GRAHAM HUMPHREYS. Comes with an exclusive poster.

The Deluxe edition. Limited to 1500 copies 180gr. Brown/Olive Vinyl with heavy Red Splatter. Housed in a silver printed Deluxe Gatefold Jacket with full color booklet containing iconic images from the film, artwork sketches & extensive/exclusive liner notes from Ruggero Deodato, Stephen Thrower, Robert Kerman, Carl Yorke & Francesca Ciardi. Also comes with a 12X12 Art Print and Fold-Out poster featuring all new art from iconic artist Graham Humphreys. As an extra bonus we will also include a 12X12 art print featuring the art from the Mondo Edition by Jock.

Both editions are on sale NOW !
Exclusively on www.onewaystatic.com
By seb
ok guys, been of the forum because I had to work on getting everything ready for the launch
I’ll try and answer as many questions in this post

* Yes, there are territory restrictions. We do Europe and Mondo does North America. This has little to with any of the labels involved. The right holders across the world made this call.
Nothing we can do about, pure and simple. This is the first OWS release where we faced restrictions, it was bound to happen at some point. There is a reason this is the first time it comes out on vinyl. Everybody involved fought for years to be able to bring this out finally… this is where the boys get separated from the men.

* The above is nothing to stress about since you can trade, ask an overseas contact, discogs, etc… I don’t think that anybody who really wants the version they can’t technically buy has been stopped by the above. Man up and get busy! Pick up extra copies and start trading-selling. Just don’t flip… flipping causes herpes.

* No, this is not part of the Static Club membership for all the reasons above

* There are 2000 red valentine editions (aka the standard edition) and 1500 Deluxe editions. IMO plenty to go around for Europe. This is a TOP soundtrack we wanted to make it available to as many people as the license permitted.
No re-pressings on these. You snooze, you loose. What’s left of the Valentine’s edition will go to shops in the whole of Europe. (but not before March) . Deluxe is a website exclusive.

* There is only ONE place to get it and that’’s www.onewaystatic.com

* price is slightly higher than the typical OWS release because of the extras and the license fee (never have I paid so much to do a release, but it was worth every penny)

* No we don’t have the Mondo version and they don’t have ours. No Light In The Attic does not have our versions. Otherwise we’d breach our respective contracts.

* Static Club members worldwide should check their emails, if you did not get an email regarding Cannibal Holocaust then contact Sara asap!

* No, there will be no cassette version, we did not get a license for it

* Which version(s) you like best, ours or Mondo's purely comes down to taste. I think they all look sweet and all labels have outdone themselves.

* The reason releases often go up at a random time is because we are working on these things up to the last minute and are never sure if there will be last minute problems etc.
Giving you an exact time and then not making it would set the world on fire (you know how people can loose it)

* Facebook is home to some of the lowest douchebags to walk this planet. Some comments are pure evil.

* If there is one release you buy this year… make it this one. Whatever version or label you buy it from! All the fuzz you are hearing about it is 100% correct. There is a reason that the 3 top cult soundtracks labels are joining forces in a global effort on this one.

love you
Seb
By tonyandrewgiles
I grabbed the deluxe, simple & straight forward.

Forgot I had a 10% discount but for this deluxe slice of awesome I don't care.

I never thought this day would come so kudos to Seb & Sara and Spencer for making it happen.
By lo_laa
I'm in the US and realllyyy need the valentines day edition LP! I just purchased the LP off mondo. Does anyone wanna do a trade with me??
By pmaligaya
Got the Deluxe. Thanks DW/OWS!
By Buggenhagen
Ordered. Couldn't decide in the end so went with both versions. Will keep one and pass the other on to one of my other collector mates. We often swap stuff amongst ourselves or pass records on so that's what I'll do.

Thanks Seb, Spencer and the Mondo team for finally getting this out there on vinyl. Never thought I'd see the day. That's another tick off my grail list.
By cookythecook
ordered em both. Seb, you RULE!