Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deathwaltz
Good things come to those that wait.

Like Cannibal Holocaust debuting on vinyl 34 years after its original release.

Scratch that lets make that 35 years……

WHAT !? You said it would be released on Halloween 2014 ?

Yes we did but that would have excluded North America and would have a been a nightmare for fans to get hold of this record… So we’re really happy to announce that now Death Waltz has joined Mondo we can ensure that Cannibal Holocaust will be released worldwide, the only downside is that you’ll have to wait just a little bit longer for it…. February 2015 to be precise. Mondo will release the record for North America with an exclusive sleeve and colourway while in the UK & Europe death Waltz and One Way Static will handle the art and colourway.
By The Cult Leader
Subbers in the US still get first dibs?
By toosoonjunior
Good news for me as I am thoroughly broke from all my other recent record buys. :)
By tonyandrewgiles
Phew…

The pockets can rest easy & this is awesome news for all of us on both sides of the pond :)
By nick_rising
I'd honestly rather import from you guys than buy from Mondo. But more options so yay :D
By Whip Wilson
Was this originally announced as being a UK/European only release? I must've missed that bit.
By antimax
I'm totally willing to wait for this… But I wish I could buy the Death Waltz version, as I usually like their releases aesthetically more than Mondo's. Either way, cannot freaking wait til February.
By deathwaltz
You know we are the same company now right ? ;)
By antimax
Hmmm… Same company, releasing multiple sleeves/colourways in different parts of the world? Heheh.
Also… why did I say I can wait AND cannot wait, in the same post? Hmmm… :D
By deathwaltz
Actually that is not how it is.
When Myself and seb went after CH we were only allowed UK/Europe. Then when DW merged with Mondo it was obvious why the licensing was in place, it's just taken us a minute to get our collective shit together and figure it all out. It will be worth waiting for and I'm sure the vinyl buddy system will be in full effect for those that want both. Or just snag the cover you like most, the audio will all be mastered and pressed from the same source.
Will be more than worth it , this score is all of our holy grail....
By ghostfires
As someone who has never watched the film (I've seen bits and pieces, excuse the pun, but never the entire film)...is this a holy grail OST because the music is just that damn good all the way through? Or is it simply because this is one of those banned all over the world, gross-out films so you want to own anything associated with it?

I've heard the opening theme, but never listened to the rest of the OST...so I'm wondering what all the hype is about!
By static14
@ghostfires the music is pretty stellar. I'm bummed we have to wait until February but absolutely excited for it's release.

Huge thanks to Spence, Seb, and... Spence again I guess... :)
By reddye6
Well, what will I spend my money on NOW?!

Oh, I did that already this week and last week. Thoroughly glad to wait until February.
By lobo
So, what is the sense of the OWS anouncement at the end of their las newsletter?

ON SALE ON HALLOWEEN

?????????????????????

Do we suppose that the European-Dw copies of CH are already ready and pressed?

Or OWS used this info as a way to sweeten the Candyman huge delay newsletter?
By antimax
^^^ Absolutely man, I was kidding about the same company/different parts of the world thingy. :)

I am so psyched about this release, it's one of my favorite soundtracks and I never really thought it would get released. DEFINITE holy grail!
By deafmetal
I think this is good news all around, especially since I did not know about the US licensing issue. I am also totally broke from this month already.
By Peek-a-boo
Mondo ruined my life, etc. etc.
By lobo
ON SALE ON HALLOWEEN ...noooo it was a jokeee..

Ha
Ha
Ha...
By reelybored
My wallet can rest peacefully tonight :-)
By dumaisaudio
I'm sure the DW/OWS version will be a lot cooler than the Mondo version.
By deafmetal
Who knows? It's fun to have options.
By ninjaqutie
Well fine then... Be that way. :( At least it helps me save some money for now!! :D

Mondo will still sell out of their other records anyway. One of which I will be getting.
By dumaisaudio
Well unless Mondo is seriously stepping up the quality of their releases, I can't see how the Mondo version will compare. As Kevin of Waxwork said in a recent interview, it's not just about the music, it's about the whole presentation, and Death Waltz and One Way Static have a vastly higher quality product over Mondo. Take Maniac for example, since we have a version from each label. It's cool for a lot of people who don't necessarily care which version they get, but us die hard fans in the US will still have to jump through some hoops to get the DW version. I know, it would be that way regardless of the merger since they only have the rights to Europe. And yes, Spencer always takes care of us subbers, but since it's not a subscription release, he still might not be able to sell it to American folks (as he couldn't originally for Maniac). I don't mean this as a slam against Spencer by any means. Just taking what we know at this point about this first release under the partnership with Death Waltz and Mondo, I don't really see how it's any different. Sorry, end rant.
By Fife
Will there be info soon on how limited it is? I really don't want to miss this one