Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Macready
Received my Deluxe OWS copy today and the vinyl really is fantastic - beautiful, clean and balanced sound throughout. Well done to everyone involved, this is a wonderful release.

Don't mind the slightly thinner gatefold sleeve - the amount of additional material inside more than makes up for that. And it's only relative to the general indestructibility of DW/ OWS releases that it feels in any way inferior.

My only criticism - no Mondo/ Jock print... no biggie
By seb
If you did not get your print, drop me an email!
By sonny
Got my Valentines/Deluxe editions too. They both look great. Good work!
By scottydoo
Seb or Spencer just spoke with ROM as im still waiting on the shops copies of Cannibal and theve told me that the retail stock is being held as a portion of the press is faulty (pressed off centre / noisey side 1) is this something youve heard of or have i been fed a line by the rep
By seb
There were a couple of faulty copies here and there with the retail version, so the remaining stock had to be checked at the pressing plant.
Probably nothing but just to be on the safe side we had it checked. Should be back in with ROM on monday if all goes well.
By scottydoo
excellent cheers for confirming that seb didnt want to start telling our customers who are waiting the wrong thing, received my deluxe from you today so looking forward to spinning that later
By deathwaltz
Yeah it's hardly flimsy it's not not tip on
you guys are too spoilt. If that landed through my door after being unavailable for 30 years I'd be pretty darn stoked ;)
By Dollarhyde
@spencer

Dont get me wrong, it's an awesome release. I just missed DW previous innovations in sleeve engineering.

By Volzom Zofbie
Arrived today. What an amazingly wicked album. The art, the liner notes... -

Any forum members who owns both the clear red and this one? Is the clear red as noisy as this?

Also noticed on D that Mondo has a black version out. Any plans for DW/OWS to realese a black version too?

By Dollarhyde
I have the green and red splatter, as you have, and I here no noise on mine.
By Volzom Zofbie
Not recommended for headphone listening.
By seb
Volzom... Give it a good clean, because sometimes swirl leaves a bit of color dust residue.
If it still persists, email us and we'll fix this for you!

No plans for black at the moment.

Cheers
By blastman
Collected a box of these from the post office this morning (got one of each for myself, plus I'm helping a couple of US members out). Can't open everything up just yet but it all looks luvverly! Big thanks to OWS for throwing a late extra order for a Valentine edition into this order to save me time and money.
By TimD
Yeah... there should be no moans on this one.... this is one of the greatest records I own... such a lovingly crafted package and just listening to it is such an absolute pleasure!
Great work guys - i appreciate how hard it is pulling something like this together... so so good.
By cambionic
Has anyone in California received their deluxe edition yet? Mine shipped two weeks ago and hasn't shown up. I'm getting antsy! hahaha
By abedunk
Arrived from OWS in Seattle on Wednesday, cambionic.
By legnadibrom
cali here...not arrived
By deafmetal
Absolutely enthralled with this release and I've not even seen the DW/OWS album yet. I have caned the .wav files into digital dust with daily listens. It is unbelievable how we have ended up here in 2015. Looking back on the 2013 CH thread, vinyl wish list thread, and all the guessing in the DW/OWS mash-up grail thread with so many people asking for this album to be released on vinyl.

Surely, this is one of the greatest horror scores ever written?
By cambionic
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was a bit worried that it was lost in transit. Right now I'm dealing with two separate overseas orders (not from OWS) that were lost, one from over two months ago!
By Whip Wilson
Mine arrived in the Pacific Northwest today and in perfect condition. Beatuful release. Looking forward to spinning it this afternoon. The OWS/DWRC version beat the two copies I ordered from Mondo that've been on a sightseeing tour of the US since they shipped nearly three weeks ago.
By NathanLurker
I have to say that musically, CH has never been a soundtrack I was highly in love with, although it's grown on me since the digital files were sent. I do like it, I think it's an important genre soundtrack, I do agree on most opinions I heard of how it fits in the film, it's not one of my favorites though.

That being said, the Deluxe vinyl came in the mail this week and this is a tremendous release. Beautiful prints, poster, excellent liner notes, the vinyl sounds superb, better than any previous CD/digital edition that I heard before... love that the Obi strips are back in style. I don't think the gatefold is flimsy, it's standard.

Congratulations DW/OWS/MONDO on a superb, essential release.
By deafmetal
Have you ever seen such an evil-looking LP? I own quite a few black/death metal albums with "artistic" colorways, and nothing even comes close to this one. Hats off, gentlemen:

The deluxe LP is a treasure. The sleeve notes are very informative, and I enjoyed seeing the layout with all of the photographs. For the first DW/OWS collaboration, this is quite an achievement. No titles on the spine other than the catalog #. I like to think of that as a nod toward the censorship the film experienced, as if you wouldn't even want the title peeking out of your collection. Brilliant.
By bumblebeezombie
I have a brand new mint condition factory sealed copy of MONDO'S Cannibal Holocaust 2Lp. I'm looking to trade for a brand new factory sealed mint copy of ONE WAY STATIC'S Cannibal Holocaust 2LP.