Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By seb
On September 7 the world will see it's first Cassette Store Day. Why? Because tapes are cool!

In celebration of this worldwide event we are putting out a cassette version of our upcoming 'The Last House On The Left, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by David Hess' release.

This release will be sold EXCLUSIVELY in participating stores on Cassette Store Day. It will be strictly limited to #400 copies worldwide. Left-overs (if any) will be sold on our website afterwards. 

This format will feature different cover-art and has four extra bonus tracks not on the vinyl version. There will be no repress of this version, gone = gone.

For more info on Cassette Store Day, participating stores, other exclusive cassette releases and in-store events please visit 

www.cassettestoreday.com

If you want your local record store to stock this release, start bugging them. The tape is distributed by LIGHT IN THE ATTIC (USA/CANADA) and by F-MINOR (UK/EUROPE).

Feel free to tweet us @onewaystatic or post on our facebook page during the event. So we can keep everyone in the loop. If you are using instagram, post your pictures using the hashtag #onewaystaticrecords - We'd love to see some pics.

No, we have not forgotten about the vinyl and cd version of the release.... let's just say that you should keep september 2 free in your schedule ;-)

By Graveyard Calling
Sounds brilliant! I've started hassling Rise Records in Bristol ;)
By NathanLurker
That's great, I'll probably get one from the leftovers if there are some
By karswell
House On The Left doesn't appear on Cassette Store Day List: is it a late addition + do you know if UK shops are getting any? Such a great release I want all variants :)
By seb
@karswell. There are a TONS of releases not listed on the csd website, I emailed them about adding our release, but got no reply.
Our Uk distributor shipped lot's of tapes to stores, it's hard to say which ones, best you contact your regular stores to see if they are getting it.

If that fails you can try to get it from our website sunday or monday, but we only have a real small amount of overs.
By karswell
Hey thanks for the rapid response..hope I get one. I'll contact my local store who are on the list and let you know.
Cheers
By seb
Tomorrow it's CASSETTE STORE DAY. Look for our tape version of the release in stores across the world. Limited to #400 copies worldwide.

Both us and Light In The Attic have a ridiculously low amount of cassettes left. These will go on sale somewhere in the days following CSD. Follow this link and click on the 'Want an email when this becomes available?' button. You will get a notification when it's live.

For our fellow Belgians, the tape is available in two stores : Wool E Shop & Cyclone Records, both in Gent.

We'd love to see some pics of the event. When you spot em feel free to post them here, tweet us @onewaystatic or post on our facebook page . If you are using instagram, post your pictures using the hashtag #onewaystaticrecords

Happy hunting!
By karswell
Well no copies of LHOL cassette made it to Worcester, England unfortunately so hopefully they'll some left Mon online ;)
To compensate for my disappointment I snapped up a copy of Solaris instead so not all bad :)
By Pitch
I popped over to Rough Trade at lunch time and it appeared that the only release that had sold out was the LHOL! Oh well... no other London shop had received it either, so I'm guessing that not many got over here. I too am crossing my fingers for some available online - was looking forward to listening to it on the car tape deck!
By karswell
Ha ha, I've got a wonky old B&O so prob would have chewed it up anyways ;)
By antimax
Got it at Mount Analog in Los Angeles, blasting it now! Great stuff.
By slybonethetownie
Just got back from Cassette Store Day at Mills Record Company in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, where i was lucky enough to grab 2 copies of the Last House on the Left Soundtrack cassette tapes. I guess since there are only 400 copies in circulation that means I have .5% of the world's stock!
By ghostfires
I picked up my copy at End Of An Ear in Austin. Really awesome tape, thanks for putting it out!
By chuck
@pitch rough trade, resident-music and a seller on Discogs (£10) has some copies already up on their sites. Go go go!
By karswell
@chuck, thanks for heads-up bagged one :)
By seb
We will list the 'Last House on the left-overs' from the cassette version tomorrow Monday 8 PM Euro-Belgian time on www.onewaystatic.com

There are 77 copies left and after that it's gone.
Don't bother trying Light In The Attic in the US. They completely sold out the tape to stores. They received over 500 orders and had only 200 copies.

So we are selling the left overs tomorrow worldwide at 7 euro/copy. Please be advised that to some countries shipping is high. Sometimes even higher than the cassette price itself. We can't help it, we wish it was cheaper to ship em to certain countries.

* It's not possible to bundle your tape order with your vinyl/cd order for logistical reasons.
* Please allow up to 2 weeks for the cassette to ship. I don't think it will take that long but it's possible.

If the above does not work for you... try and find a store that still has them. I have no clue who and where still has copies and at what price. Some stores are regretting not stocking them or wish they had ordered more copies. Rough Trade sold out of them in less than an hour.

We are really happy with the response and will press a higher quantity of our future releases. This was an experiment and we had no clue that this was going to explode. Sadly it's already listed on ebay for 30$. Something we do not support!

You can always use the buddy system here and hook up with a UK buddy (who have cheaper postage) to secure you a copy and then get it to you in a future bundle or something.

Good luck!

Seb
By chuck
also i do think RoughTrade.com and resident-music.com still have some copies online.
By seb
Yes, I think some were kept for online sales. Also try Norman, Moviegrooves and Strange Vices.

You might need to compare some prices, overal for UK folk I think the tape + shipping will be cheapest directly from our website. (I can be wrong!!)
For USA customers this might not be the case at all.
By chuck
Aw man! I didn't mean to divert people from ordering direct. I was just letting people in UK know of other outlets. I'm in Europe so will be ordering direct from your good self ;)
By seb
Chuck, no probs at all man... I WANT people to get a copy and at the best possible price for them, that's why I posted the info. Everybody should share stores where there are copies left.

Don't worry about us, we'll move our stock ;-)
By chuck
Im sure you will. i for one will be on it at 8pm!
By seb
Last House On The Left-overs cassette now on sale!

Limited stock only available on our website. Light In the Attic (USA) in sold out so we ship worldwide

www.onewaystatic.com
By chuck
Gotcha! Thanks!!! ;)
By seb
Last House Cassette Store Day version is now sold out worldwide. Thanks to everyone who ordered.
Less than 50 copies out of 600 special edition vinyl left.

Cassette shipping starts tomorrow so watch your mailboxes!