Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By seb

Following the recent (and now sold out) vinyl release of John McCallum’s soundtrack to the bat-shit crazy Troma movie ‘Surf Nazis Must Die’, Strange Disc and One Way Static Records team up to bring this killer tape version exclusively for International Cassette Store Day 2014.

This cassette tape is limited to 400 copies worldwide & will be exclusively available in participating stores worldwide on September 27.

Left overs (if any) will be sold on www.onewaystatic.com & www.lightintheattic.net mid October. Static Club members will be offered first. Click the button at the bottom of THIS PAGE to receive a notification when this item will be in stock.

In addition to our WOLFCOP vinyl release (see OWS07 thread) we are also doing a cassette tape version HOUSED IN A VHS CLAMSHELL BOX exclusively for International Cassette Store Day 2014.

This cassette tape is limited to 300 copies worldwide & will be exclusively available in participating stores worldwide on September 27.

Left overs (if any) will be sold on www.onewaystatic.com & www.lightintheattic.net mid October. Static Club members will be offered first. Click the button at the bottom of THIS PAGE to receive a notification when this item will be in stock.

FOR MORE INFO ON CASSETTE STORE DAY & Participating stores visit their website
By Rob
WOLFCOP just looks perfect. I don't normally bother with cassettes, but I may have to for that
By ghostfires
That cassette case looks brilliant!
By The Cult Leader
once again just putting this out there, I will be happy to pick up any of the releases for anybody on CSD.

I’m in NYC so I have quite a few stores to choose from, so I can probably get a few orders.
By The Cult Leader
alright cool I will put you down for 1 Wolf Cop
By nEsSoNe
down with the surf!
By Spun out of control
Anyone still excited for this.... happening tomorrow...?

Looks like my local bricks 'n' mortar in the UK will actually be stocking the OWS releases at £8.99 a piece, so will try and make it along, can't imagine there will be a queue out of the door like on Record Store Day as cassettes don't seem of that much interest to flippers... but I may be wrong!! ;)
By The Cult Leader
Ok so I am assuming you don't need me to pick one up for you then, right?
By Spun out of control
@CultLeader

Seems not, thanks very much for the initial offer - though having said that now I will find they sell out before I get there! ;)

Anything you're after from the UK so I can return the favour?
By Spun out of control
@philball1974

Hah. Yes, I'm hoping to see Molly Ringwald in line tomorrow... and Cyndi Lauper and Prince stood behind her.

A pretty unloveable format, but I still have some decent gig bootlegs on cassette from back in the day. And a few albums from when it was half the price to buy something on cassette (£4.99) as it was the CD (£10+)
By philball1974
I thought Cassette store day was some sort of piss take at hipsters. Turns out its not. People genuinely love cassettes.
Amazing.

Im definitely of the age to have the memories and my music life started with cassettes but i couldn't imagine going back.

By seb
Tomorrow it's International Cassette Store Day indeed !!! Look for our Wolfcop & Surf Nazis Must Die tapes in stores worldwide.

Happy huntings!

Note: Due to a gigantic USPS screw up some Euro/UK stores may not have received stock.
No worries though. They will have them later, reserve them at your local store+ both us and Light In The Attic will have some leftover stock online mid October.

By philball1974
Sadly only in medium! Im 6'3
By jdubtxn
A nice well made, well mastered tape played on a high end Nakamachi or Sony Sounds almost as good vinyl. Plus it's analog.
By prettybleak
really great job on the Wolfcop cassette!

i used to not get the appeal of cassettes and just wrote them off as a fad like most of you, but they've really grown on me over the past couple of years. for bands self-releasing material, cassettes are essential right now. even small runs of vinyl are incredibly cost-prohibitive. also, the tape saturation often benefits a lot of synth music. most of the cassettes i've bought recently sound very good :)
By The Cult Leader
I was really surprised when I went to Rough Trade in Brooklyn this morning and they didn't have Wolfcop or Surf Nazis.
By seb
The tapes sold out in less than 24h...so I think a lot of stores did not even get the chance to order some.

No worries though we'll have some stock online in a couple of weeks.
By ghostfires
I would definitely like to get a copy of that Wolfcop tape. If anyone knows where they're for sale here in the U.S., I'd love to hear where! Thanks!